Scroll to see replies

Original post by drcourt
Just did my UKCAT today:
VR 630
QR 740
AR 750
SJ band 2
overall 2120, average 706.6

Do you guys reckon this will be good enough for Newcastle? I am planning on applying via the transfer to medicine scheme (starting on the biomed course in a couple of weeks!) I really don't know what to make of this score and what sucks is Newcastle is my only hope for 2017 entry to medicine

I thought you'd have to sit it at the end of your first year of biomed
Reply 81
Hi :redface:

I thought I would make a special thread for GEM (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4309062&p=67486972#post67486972).

Also applying toNewcastle on the GEM course.
Reply 82
Original post by manlike99
I thought you'd have to sit it at the end of your first year of biomed

It specifies on the website that the UKCAT has to be sat within 2 years of commencing stage 1 (ie 2015 or 2016)
Hi- IS a UKCAT score of 680 avg good enough to apply here?

got 650VR 740QR 650 AR band 3

looks like im sold 7th percentile on the interim,

my GCSEs were 1 A* 10A's and 1 B
UKCAT 693
IB 43/45
iGCSE 7A* 2A
I really want to apply here, but i know that my chances might be low bc of ukcat :frown:
Reply 85
Original post by Boo_Ayres13
Hi- IS a UKCAT score of 680 avg good enough to apply here?

got 650VR 740QR 650 AR band 3

looks like im sold 7th percentile on the interim,

my GCSEs were 1 A* 10A's and 1 B

Possibly. No one on here can say with any certainty though.

Best of luck

G
Original post by riyaaaaa
UKCAT 693
IB 43/45
iGCSE 7A* 2A
I really want to apply here, but i know that my chances might be low bc of ukcat :frown:

Your UKCAT is actually amazing, don't let yourself think otherwise because of the scores that you see on here :smile:
I think your score has been over the threshold for every year (ignoring 2014), so it is very possible that you could get an interview :h:
Thanks!! I really hope the threshold is lower than my score ahah! Also bc I'm an international student so kinda scared lol. Are you applying to Newcastle for sure?
Original post by Gogregg
Your UKCAT is actually amazing, don't let yourself think otherwise because of the scores that you see on here :smile:
I think your score has been over the threshold for every year (ignoring 2014), so it is very possible that you could get an interview :h:
hey guys, I got 2030 on my ukcat average of 677. Do you think I could get into interview stage for newcastle?
Thanks!! I really hope the threshold is lower than my score ahah! Also bc I'm an international student so kinda scared lol. Are you applying to Newcastle for sure?

Yes, I definitely am.
I went to the open day yesterday, and it was a really nice place, wit good facilities and the course sounds amazing. It's got an amazing reputation, also :colondollar:
It is definitely my safest choice, though :biggrin:
oh nice! Safest? ah! Def not mine, but I am still gonna apply aha. Where else are you applying?
Original post by Gogregg
Yes, I definitely am.
I went to the open day yesterday, and it was a really nice place, wit good facilities and the course sounds amazing. It's got an amazing reputation, also :colondollar:
It is definitely my safest choice, though :biggrin:
oh nice! Safest? ah! Def not mine, but I am still gonna apply aha. Where else are you applying?

I have a UKCAT of 787, and since they only look a that for interview :colondollar:

I'm also going to be applying to UEA and Dundee, but I need to decide between BSMS and Barts and the London :biggrin:
What about you?
Original post by Gogregg
I have a UKCAT of 787, and since they only look a that for interview :colondollar:

I'm also going to be applying to UEA and Dundee, but I need to decide between BSMS and Barts and the London :biggrin:
What about you?

wtf wow goals lol. I am applying to Newcastle, Barts, Dundee and Aberdeen. Hopefully, I won't change my mind lol.
wtf wow goals lol. I am applying to Newcastle, Barts, Dundee and Aberdeen. Hopefully, I won't change my mind lol.

So we're sharing up to 3 of our choices! :biggrin:

Right now I feel that I'm leaning more towards Barts, because it would mean I don't have to take the BMAT, but I'm still not certain :s-smilie:
Original post by Gogregg
So we're sharing up to 3 of our choices! :biggrin:

Right now I feel that I'm leaning more towards Barts, because it would mean I don't have to take the BMAT, but I'm still not certain :s-smilie:

Which uni is your first choice? Ah, I was going to take the BMAT too, but now I am not. Oh well, if you really like BSMS then go for BMAT, but yeah Barts seems to be really good too.
Which uni is your first choice? Ah, I was going to take the BMAT too, but now I am not. Oh well, if you really like BSMS then go for BMAT, but yeah Barts seems to be really good too.

UEA is currently my first choice, but there is something about studying in London that just appeals to me :colondollar:
Is Newcastle your first choice?
Original post by Gogregg
UEA is currently my first choice, but there is something about studying in London that just appeals to me :colondollar:
Is Newcastle your first choice?

I feel you aha, and that is why Barts is my first choice. Also, I have a decent tariff but again I am an international student, so I need a really strong application.
I feel you aha, and that is why Barts is my first choice. Also, I have a decent tariff but again I am an international student, so I need a really strong application.

My tariff isn't amazing (I think it is 208 if I'm predicted an A for EPQ?) but my UKCAT counters it, so hopefully I'd be offered an interview :colondollar:
I feel for you with the international application. It must be even more difficult for you :redface:
Original post by Gogregg
My tariff isn't amazing (I think it is 208 if I'm predicted an A for EPQ?) but my UKCAT counters it, so hopefully I'd be offered an interview :colondollar:
I feel for you with the international application. It must be even more difficult for you :redface:

yeah dude w that excellent UKCAT score you're pretty much sorted!
Is it worth me applying with a 717 average? I have 9A* 1A at GCSE, AAAA at AS and A*A*A for bio, Chem and maths a level, but I know most of these academics will be lost on Newcastle since all they are about is UKCAT. But I really love the course and the city, do you think 717 will be enough for interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending