The Student Room Group

Do white guys find black girls attractive????

Especially at a mostly white school??
Reply 1
Why wouldn't they…?
Nooooo not this again...

OP I'm mixed (technically black because I'm mixed with Black) and my boyfriend is white, and we met at a predominantly 'white school'.
So yes, clearly they do, it just depends on the individuals.
Reply 3
Original post by 123moon
Why wouldn't they…?

Because there are also a lot of attractive white girls. Even though i've been called pretty by most races (I'm not here to brag) i feel as though the guy i fancy would choose other white girls. Also, i am from a different culture so i wear a head scarf. however, despite all this he still looks interested in me, but i think he would just end up dating his own kind
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Because there are also a lot of attractive white girls. Even though i've been called pretty by most races (I'm not here to brag) i feel as though the guy i fancy would choose other white girls. Also, i am from a different culture so i wear a head scarf. however, despite all this he still looks interested in me, but i think he would just end up dating his own kind

Some people make such a big deal out of race.

Why don't you find out for yourself? Everyone has their own preferences.
Reply 5

True but this isn't the case always but generally yes. But that's not to say every white guy won't go out with you because of your culture, race or religion. Every guy has a certain 'type' he is attracted to you just have to find it out.
(edited 7 years ago)

Firstly, that doesn't matter, it's not a competition. Secondly, you shouldn't assume what his type is (if he even has one) ask him, everyone's different..
Lastly, the 'own kind' thing you mentioned, doesn't sound very politically correct..
Reply 7
Firstly, that doesn't matter, it's not a competition. Secondly, you shouldn't assume what his type is (if he even has one) ask him, everyone's different..
Lastly, the 'own kind' thing you mentioned, doesn't sound very politically correct..

I have only had quite a few small talks with him, wouldn't he find it weird if i just ask him if he has a type, plus we only speak in lessons.
Okay, OP, bless you, I can understand where you're coming from. I'm mixed personally, and yes it is sometimes easy to think that guys of a Caucasian background will go out with the stereotypically pretty white girl.

Anyway, I wouldn't get hung up on the race thing. If someone likes you, they will like you for who you are - beauty, intelligence and personality included. Yes, there are some people who may have a quote, unquote 'type' but tbh you will never know unless you really get to know the person.

As for the 'own kind' thing? Please don't think in that way. It's easy for us POC to feel separated from white people but seriously, don't think like that - it won't end well for you, it's not really PC and you'll just constantly doubt yourself as a person. Human beings are human beings and you just have to hope the guy you like feels the same, if not, he can GTFO. :tongue:

And yes, white guys can find black girls attractive. My parents are a prime example.
Hope it goes well for you. x
So many people seem to have hang-ups about their own skin!

Honestly, 99% of people don't care what colour your skin is, it won't be a factor in whether they want you or not. The other 1% aren't worth knowing anyway. It's what inside that matters. This might seem hard to believe if you're under 24 or so, but believe me in the end it's the players that end up with chaotic love lives, unable to form long term relationships and will always face trust issues in those that they do have.

If you're honest, dependable and loyal those are things that people value - and once all the posturing and oneupmanship that younger "lads" do is done, it's those qualities that are most attractive. That's why a lot of women go for older guys IMO.
I'm rarely physically attracted to black girls.

But if I liked her then I could develop some attraction for her.
Especially at a mostly white school??

No I attend a mostly white school and tbh never do I see a white guy even talking with black girls. Black girls generally hang out with each other. I may add that in my school they are seen as loud and overly obnoxious therefore most people of other races learn to avoid them and others based only on a minority. Not a hate comment just experience
Reply 12
By asking this, does that mean you're only attracted to white guys?

Think about it.

If you're only attracted to a particular race, then other races are entitled to the same leisure.

Anyway, asking questions like this is completely futile.

Different people like different things. TSR is not even close to conclusive.

However, if you are using this merely as a gauge and you are simply interested in what people think on here then that's acceptable - after all, if they all say yes or all say no that give you some sort of idea.
Reply 13
Original post by Chemicals
So many people seem to have hang-ups about their own skin!

Honestly, 99% of people don't care what colour your skin is, it won't be a factor in whether they want you or not. The other 1% aren't worth knowing anyway. It's what inside that matters. This might seem hard to believe if you're under 24 or so, but believe me in the end it's the players that end up with chaotic love lives, unable to form long term relationships and will always face trust issues in those that they do have.

If you're honest, dependable and loyal those are things that people value - and once all the posturing and oneupmanship that younger "lads" do is done, it's those qualities that are most attractive. That's why a lot of women go for older guys IMO.

Sorry but If you an ethnic and another race to someone a significant percentage of that other race will instantly rule you out as a potential partner. Of those that do not rule you out, you will still not be on even footing with members of their own race due to the fact they still have a preference for their own race.

Women have stronger race preferences than men.

experiments I conducted revealed that skin colour is not that big of an issue. It's mainly down to aesthetics. generally put people tend to prefer someone of the same race. They generally find those typical facial characteristics of that racial group the most attractive. When they see another face of a different race they tend to not find it as sexually attractive due their own preferences for certain facial characteristics, even if technically the face is the same attractiveness or slightly more attractive than their preference.

metaphor time.

A hungry woman who's favorite food is chicken goes to a restaurant in search of some food. Her favorite food is chicken. 3 waiters come round each with a menu and offers her duck/pork and chicken meals. All meals on the menu's are the same price. Which menu is the girl going to pick? ...naturally she'll go for the chicken menu.

Also she doesn't dislike duck or pork, but she isn't particularly crazy about it and much prefers chicken. What might persuade her to take the duck or pork in favor of her favorite chicken? ...perhaps an exceptional high quality piece of pork or duck.

metaphor breakdown:

hungry woman = white woman seeking a man
restaurant = nightclub/bar/pub
favorite food = her racial preference
chicken = white man
duck = Indian man
pork = Black man
exceptional piece of chicken/pork = very very good looking black or Indian man
(edited 7 years ago)
OP is the answer is basically that some will and some won't. Some won't care and will just like you for you and it won't be a barrier, some will like you more for it, some will see you as an sexual experiment or conquest and others would not entertain the idea of dating you purely because of your race.

Original post by Truth'
By asking this, does that mean you're only attracted to white guys?

I wouldn't necessarily assume so. She says she goes to a 'mostly white school' therefore she's surrounded by mostly white guys so that's all that's on the menu for her. Unless she always wants to automatically be paired with the one black guy in the school. I daresay if you were the only non-Korean in a Korean school, or something like that, you might have similiar questions.

Original post by ANM775

Women have stronger race preferences than men.

I agree with this. A lot of men will bend away from their racial preference if the girl is pretty enough, but this means women outside their preference have to meet a much higher beauty standard than a woman within their preference. For example a guy with a preference for white women might be happy dating Lena Dunham lookalikes, but to entertain the idea of dating an Asian or black girl she has to be on the level of someone like Shanina Shaik or Beyonce.

But I think women rarely stray from their racial preference.
Yeah, I recently dated an Italian guy. But honestly, if they don't like you that doesn't always mean because of your race.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending