The Student Room Group

Non-binary at 10 year old

EDIT: 10 years old*
I ****ed up the title -____-

Came across this on the BBC website, surprise surprise...

Poor child, kinda feel sorry for him/her.
Which delusion are we going to have to accept next?

(Why can't kids just be kids anymore ffs!)

Thoughts?

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'absurde

Thoughts?

Spoiler

It's their choice. In my eyes, they can identify as whatever they want, and I will respect that. Ultimately, it doesn't affect me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by _gcx
It's their choice. In my eyes, they can identify as whatever they want, and I will respect that. Ultimately, it doesn't effect me.

Affect me*

Fair enough and I agree, people can do as they please.
Non-issue. Leave the kid alone, they can decide how and in what way they'll live their life. Why does it matter?

Was brave enough to open up to the media and you call it a 'delusion', don't be so rude and dismissive. As long as they're happy, who cares? :yawn:
Reply 4
Original post by iEthan
Non-issue. Leave the kid alone, they can decide how and in what way they'll live their life. Why does it matter?

Was brave enough to open up to the media and you call it a 'delusion', don't be so rude and dismissive. As long as they're happy, who cares? :yawn:

I didn't say they shouldn't be allowed to do that...

Just my opinion, I'm sorry it doesn't please you. Meh, we could say the same about paedos, as long as they're happy (and the kid is happy too)? :h:

Thoughts?

Spoiler

As the above responder says, people can do as they please. As long as they maintain that there is a distinction between biological sex and gender (and that there are in fact only two biological sexes), I don't care.

Just my opinion, I'm sorry it doesn't please you. Meh, we could say the same about paedos, as long as they're happy (and the kid is happy too)? :h:

Totally different thing. Thank you for interpreting my opinion obtusely. You are absolutely entitled to your own, I was just giving my take on it. That's all.
Kids are just kids, stuff like this comes from the parents.

Well, if a paedophile doesn't actually act upon his desires then I don't see the problem. If we were more open about it I think they would be less afraid to get psychological help, and thus it would ultimately lead to less kids being sexually abused.
Original post by KingBradly
As the above responder says, people can do as they please. As long as they maintain that there is a distinction between biological sex and gender (and that there are in fact only two biological sexes), I don't care.

What about the Intersex people? They have both male and female genitals. So, there are 3 biological sexes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by JoshDawg
Kids are just kids, stuff like this comes from the parents.

Yeah, agreed.

Well, if a paedophile doesn't actually act upon his desires then I don't see the problem. If we were more open about it I think they would be less afraid to get psychological help, and thus it would ultimately lead to less kids being sexually abused.

Is there any proof that any psychological intervention could actually rehabilitate a paedo, or is it just wishful thinking?
Reply 11
Non binary?

You don't get much more binary than 10
How does this affect you in any way? If it makes them feel more comfortable with themselves then that's absolutely fine.
Reply 13
Original post by asmuse123
What about the Intersex people? They have both male and female genitals. So, there are 3 biological sexes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, not really. Intersex is a group of medical conditions. It's not a whole new sex, rather a combination of the two...And technically, if you have a Y chromosome you are male.
Reply 14
Original post by Plagioclase
How does this affect you in any way? If it makes them feel more comfortable with themselves then that's absolutely fine.

I actually don't care. I just saw it on the BBC and thought I'd share it I should've expected butthurt though. Shame on me.

Paedophilia isn't a mental illness, it's a choice. They deserve to be beaten up by vigilante groups and labelled as paedos. Imagine if it was your daughter/son etc...
Original post by asmuse123

Posted from TSR Mobile

The percentage of people who are intersex has been claimed to be about 1.7%, although that is a figure from a single scientist with a particular agenda, and includes people with certain traits that do not actually make them fit the consensus definition of intersex. If the term intersex is restricted to those conditions in which chromosomal sex is inconsistent with phenotypic sex, or in which the phenotype is not classifiable as either male or female (as I think most would agree it should be) then the percentage of intersex people is 0.018%.

There is a small percentage of people who are born without a leg or even both legs. That does not mean that humans aren't best described as a bipedal species. Moreover, intersex people are not really another sex, as the elements that make them intersex come from the male and female sexes. They do not have any physical traits which are unique. Rather, they are simply a mix of both sexes. You can consider this another sex if you like, but the male and female sexes must still be considered the primary sexes.
Original post by richpanda
Paedophilia isn't a mental illness, it's a choice. They deserve to be beaten up by vigilante groups and labelled as paedos. Imagine if it was your daughter/son etc...

I seriously doubt anyone wakes up in the morning and decides it's a good idea to be a paedophile. If you think you could do that, it may be a good idea to get some psychiatric care as you may be a paedophile. I personally cannot ever imagine being attracted to a child. I could not choose to be attracted to a child, in the same way I could not choose to be attracted to an animal. If you think you could, then I can only assume that you may harbour some paedophilic tendencies yourself. Which isn't a problem, but I'd be sure to keep check on it.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm personally very skeptical about non-binary gender identities. I know of no studies which validate them scientifically. It's also interesting that most non-binary people appear to come from white middle class backgrounds.
Original post by richpanda

No-one can control or manipulate their sexual attractions. We're not talking about paedophiles that have harmed children, note.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending