The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kyoti
Salaam was wondering if anyone knows the closest place to pray Jumu'ah near the central bank? I usually go to East London mosque but it takes me 15/20 minutes getting there.

Wasalam
Not sure but this might help
http://mosques.muslimsinbritain.org/

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by kyoti
Salaam was wondering if anyone knows the closest place to pray Jumu'ah near the central bank? I usually go to East London mosque but it takes me 15/20 minutes getting there.

Wa alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullah.

Sorry, I'm afraid I have no clue, being a Yorkshireman myself.

InshaaAllah a southerner will reply :h:
It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If you say to your companion when the imam is preaching on Friday, ‘Be quiet and listen,’ you have engaged in idle talk.”
Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 892; Muslim, 851).*

Posted from TSR Mobile
“Whoever reads Soorat al-Kahf on Friday, he will be illuminated with light between the two Fridays.” Narrated by al-Haakim; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 836
Jumu'ah bayaan: mindfulness and tahmeed

Today's bayaan was on mindfulness, living in the moment and being far removed from worry. A summary of the points follows below:

The Imaam mentioned how often we are alive yet we are not living - the family gets together for a meal or to go somewhere and instead of talking to each other, the father is on his phone, the mother is on her phone, the child is on their phone. Tomorrow, when you will need each other or some matter will need to be discussed, how can we expect to be able to do so when this is the relationship that we have?

We need to start living in the moment, in the present, and making the most of our time. This is referred to nowadays as mindfulness - being conscious of the moment and acting accordingly without letting the past or future interfere. The Prophet was the best man that the sun has shone upon, and he was the most mindful of us all. He did not worry about what he did not have. Rather he said: "He who wakes up in the morning in a state of safety, with shelter and food for the day, he is as a king". He would not worry that he was short of food. When he awoke he would say "Alhamdulillahi alladhee ahyaanaa ba'da maa amaatanaa..." (Praise and thanks be to Allah, He who brought us to life after death [i.e inactivity during sleep]; when he had eaten, he would say "Alhamdulillahi alladhee at-'amanaa wa saqaanaa wa ja'alanaa min al-muslimeen" (Praise and thanks be to Allah who gave us to eat and gave us to drink and made us of the Muslimeen); when he would put on clothes, when the sun would set, and so on - he thanked Allah for each thing whilst living in the moment. Dear brothers and sisters, if you live in the moment, you cannot but appreciate the blessings of Allah! Look towards what of His favours He has bestowed upon you at this very moment, the blessing that you have in your life but overlook as you become embroiled in what problem might or might not occur.

Use the moment and do not delay any good. For the Messenger said "when you intend to do good, rush to doing it". Brothers and sisters, let not laziness overcome you - laziness is a disease from which even Allah's Rasool sought the refuge of Allah! He would pray "Allahumma innee a'udhubika min al-'ajzi wa al-kasali..." (O Allah, I seek your refuge from weakness and laziness...).
Original post by HAnwar

:yy:

JazakAllah Khair. Looks like wax chandler's hall might be the closest one for me.

Original post by ash92:)
Wa alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullah.

Sorry, I'm afraid I have no clue, being a Yorkshireman myself.

InshaaAllah a southerner will reply :h:

No worries Bro. I'll try 6 Gresham street didn't know they prayed Jumu'ah there! and it's just around the corner lol
Just a question; what do you guys do to increase your eeman? I've been through highs and lows of this and I'd like to make a change :smile:
Original post by Kyou
Just a question; what do you guys do to increase your eeman? I've been through highs and lows of this and I'd like to make a change :smile:

Asalaamualaykum bro. I try to stop things such as arguing with people and other similar pointless things at times of low iman and then I only concentrate on important the things like salah (like making full effort to read in congregation if possible), taking more time to read the Qur'an and understanding it, reading prayer at night etc...
Original post by Kyou

Watch motivational Islamic YouTube videos.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Salaam, hope everyone is well here. I know I haven't posted in this thread for a long time so forgive me. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enginerd.
Salaam, hope everyone is well here. I know I haven't posted in this thread for a long time so forgive me. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wasalam. Hope you're good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Assalamualaikum.

Hope everyone is in the best of health and imaan.

Everytime I seem to login theres a new thread! Nice to see Alhumdulillah :smile:
Original post by Enginerd.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by LotusBlue
Assalamualaikum.

Hope everyone is in the best of health and imaan.

Everytime I seem to login theres a new thread! Nice to see Alhumdulillah :smile:

Wa'alaykumasalaam. Welcome back you two. I hope you both are well too.
Original post by IdeasForLife
Wa'alaykumasalaam. Welcome back you two. I hope you both are well too.

what you up to, bro?:curious:
Original post by Kyou

listen to Qur'an recitations

listen to tafasir

read islamic books

watch youtube videos

listen to anasheed
looking forward to NAK's webinar on ayatul kursi...

http://webinar.bayyinah.com/ayatul-kursi-webinar-sept-18-2016
Original post by Rocketeer123
what you up to, bro?:curious:

I was replying to a pm and thinking of what to do today.

Wbu?
Original post by IdeasForLife
I was replying to a pm and thinking of what to do today.

Wbu?

lol

nothing.. it feels like my life has been on hold for the last few months

haven't been doing much... feels like i'm not going anywhere, not making progress, just staying idle

i guess it's up to me to make changes, but i don't know what to do...

Latest

Trending

Trending