The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Uni admissions advice - LSE government & economics

Hi guys, looking for some advice, I intend on applying for the above course.

My grades: 10 A* GCSE, 3A AS level (govpol, econ, geography) and 1B (maths) will drop geography and be predicted A*AA. Also done GCSE russian (A*) and arabic (A).

What are my chances with these grades?

Any feedback is much appreciated, having a tough time making my decision
Cheers :smile:
Original post by Southernram1774

My grades: 10 A* GCSE, 3A AS level (govpol, econ, geography) and 1B (maths) will drop geography and be predicted A*AA. Also done GCSE russian (A*) and arabic (A).

Sounds pretty good to me!
Just make sure your personal statement and references match up to your good grades, since they don't take interviews.
I think you could potentially get an offer from LSE =D
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by IRoranth
Sounds pretty good to me!
Just make sure your personal statement and references match up to your good grades, since they don't take interviews.
I think you could potentially get an offer from LSE =D

Thanks very much for your reply :smile:
Original post by Southernram1774

Yh man I'm applying same course and got exactly same grades as u and I've been told that people with worse grades have got in so I think uve got a good chance
Good Luck
As Lse look through personal statements thoroughly, do you guys think mentioning Only Economics in my ps , as that's the course I'm applying to at other Uni's,will hinder my application
Cheers
Original post by Supplynddemand99
As Lse look through personal statements thoroughly, do you guys think mentioning Only Economics in my ps , as that's the course I'm applying to at other Uni's,will hinder my application
Cheers

The LSE website clearly states that if ur doing a joint honours course they would like to see evidence of interest in both subjects- they even go as far as to mentioning government and econ specifically thus i think it would be wise to mention both subjects

Quick Reply