whatd u get

A*
Original post by Aklaol
A*

Congrats :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Federerr
Congrats :smile:

Thanks, you too :smile:. What are you taking for A-levels?
Original post by Aklaol
Thanks, you too :smile:. What are you taking for A-levels?

Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Geography.
WBU?
Original post by Aklaol
Python is an extremely easy language to do these tasks in. I can guarantee if you spent 2-3 hours on Google reading the Python syntax you'll be able to do your entire coursework at ease. However, if you want some help on a personal level, feel free to message me. I have a lot of experience with Python (2-3 years), and I also did OCR for GCSE Computing (got an A* in both coursework tasks, and an A* overall for Computing). I am now studying Computer Science for A-Level, so I'm a great person to ask programming questions to.

Yep totally agree. ^
Did Computing GCSE with no prior programming knowledge and after watching one or two general python tutorials online, I managed to get full UMS in the whole thing :h:

Best advice would be to just plan out your task thoroughly - sounds counter-productive, but after you have a solid plan + algorithm (pseudocode&flowchart) in place, it takes next to no time to actually write a solid program. Then spend a lot of time testing it, and "idiot-proofing" your program as much as possible. For example, if you require the user to input some text, also create some code that deals with a user that enters the wrong text, different cases (could be important in your program), numbers, characters, or nothing at all. Then you can spend a lot of time in your write up talking about your confidence in your program because you have been able to bypass most of the errors the user makes.

Also, I had time to use the tkinter GUI just to add an extra touch to the program, so if you can do small things like this, I'd definitely recommend it because it makes your program look 10x more finished as a whole. :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 27
Original post by Federerr
Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Geography.
WBU?

Computer Science, History, Media Studies
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by surina16
Yep totally agree. ^
Did Computing GCSE with no prior programming knowledge and after watching one or two general python tutorials online, I managed to get full UMS in the whole thing :h:

Best advice would be to just plan out your task thoroughly - sounds counter-productive, but after you have a solid plan + algorithm (pseudocode&flowchart) in place, it takes next to no time to actually write a solid program. Then spend a lot of time testing it, and "idiot-proofing" your program as much as possible. For example, if you require the user to input some text, also create some code that deals with a user that enters the wrong text, different cases (could be important in your program), numbers, characters, or nothing at all. Then you can spend a lot of time in your write up talking about your confidence in your program because you have been able to bypass most of the errors the user makes.

Also, I had time to use the tkinter GUI just to add an extra touch to the program, so if you can do small things like this, I'd definitely recommend it because it makes your program look 10x more finished as a whole. :smile:

Good luck!

I don't think you meant to quote me on this... :colondollar:
Original post by Aklaol
I don't think you meant to quote me on this... :colondollar:

Yeah sorry I meant to say that I agreed with you and then the rest of the post was directed at OP :biggrin:
Reply 30
Yeah sorry I meant to say that I agreed with you and then the rest of the post was directed at OP :biggrin:

Np :biggrin:
Hey guys, task 1 and task 2 in A453 was fine. Im comfortable in coding but can someone justHELPme and tell me what task 3 is asking. I don't know what task 3 requirements are, the wording of the task if confusing. If I understand what to do I could do it all but I just don't know what they are asking for me to do. Can some please explain.
hello, My name is Freddie, I saw your post and i am glad to have found it as i have 5/25 hours left in my python controlled assessment and i have barely done my first task, the reason i ask for your help is because there is no one in my class with good knowledge or care for the subject and my teacher is also laid back with no concern, therefore would you mind helping me with this CA.

Regards
Freddie
Hey, have you seen the task for 2017 submission?
Original post by cleverclogs15.
I need huge help for the new A453 task, it being the task about using python for a phone repair store. anyone who feels they can help, message me please as soon as possible.

Oh I had to do the A452 and A453 tasks last year- absolutely hated them. So glad it's over...:redface:
Yep totally agree. ^

Good luck!

WOW!!!:biggrin:
Need help with algorithm for task 3. Anyone?
Reply 37
Im struggling can you please help me??
Reply 38
can you help me please?
Got A* A453. Hopefully in A542 too. Python is so damn easy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending