The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

LvG made better use of Martial's talent & so far under Mourinho Martial has been pretty much none existent!

Also bring Schweiny back ffs
Original post by trapking
So many better options we could have bought instead of #Pogbad

J.Rodriguez
Xhaka
Gundogan
Kante
Kroos
the list goes on...

:facepalm2:

Wijnaldum tbh
We play Leicester, Liverpool and Chelsea in our next 4 games. Leicester could be a draw if we're lucky but the other two are certain defeats.

150m spent and out of the title race before the clocks go back. We've backed the wrong horse unfortunately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel we miss wingers, Martial is good at LW but on the other side we need an out and out winger like in the old days of Becks, Ronaldo and even Nani. Also having Fellaini and Pogba in the team won't work long term even though Fellaini was great today imo. Btw that was a clear foul on Martial. Ref's quite clearly hate Jose. I think Pogba at 10 with Ibra/Rashford is the way to go.

Less said about Rooney the better :colonhash:
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
Ref's quite clearly hate Jose.

Liquidate pls.
Reply 3265
I simply can not understand why you would pay £90mil for Pogba then play him in a 2 man midfield.. especially alongside a liability like Fellaini. You're putting a leash on him. You should get a proper DM in like Schneiderlin, with Pogba and somebody else (Herrera?) ahead. Then you could obviously have two wide men flanking Ibrahimovic, but with your players I'd go with a diamond and have Mkhitriyan playing in behind Ibra and Rashford.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cBay
I simply can not understand why you would pay £90mil for Pogba then play him in a 2 man midfield.. especially alongside a liability like Fellaini. You should get a proper DM in like Schneiderlin, with Pogba and somebody else (Herrera?) ahead. Then you could obviously have two wide men flanking Ibrahimovic, but with your players I'd go with a diamond and have Mkhitriyan playing in behind Ibra and Rashford.

It's not just Pogba. Fellaini, Mata, Kagawa, Di Maria, Falcao, Schneiderlin, Mkhitaryan have all been bought in for big money and repeatedly played out of position. Our board are so obsessed with bringing in Big names with absolutely no thought to how they will fit into the team. It's absolutely pathetic, nobody else in the league does it. Especially when Rooney is undroppable despite being an utter waste of space every week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sr90's post is spot on!

It will actually start to put off big name players in coming to United altogether knowing that they will probably be played out of their preferred positions.
Pep's come in. Got his players believing in his style of play, identified the weaknesses in his team and got rid of them.

Mourinho's come in (round about the same time), still doesn't know his best team and its like LVG's still in charge.
I bet Arsenal again will lose home and away to piss poor United and Chelsea teams.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Original post by Rk2k14
Pep's come in. Got his players believing in his style of play, identified the weaknesses in his team and got rid of them.

Mourinho's come in (round about the same time), still doesn't know his best team and its like LVG's still in charge.

What I like about Pep is he had balls to get rid of deadwood. First week he was already telling Joe Hart he doesn't favour him and that he can leave. Man knows exactly what he wants.

Sterling has also completely transformed under Pep as well! Absolutely deadly with KDB and Gundogan.
This would be my first XI

Original post by Kenan and Kel
This would be my first XI

Put Mhiki instead of Rashford and i would agree. Rashford doesn't do as well on the right he seems more lethal on the left.

Or Mhiki can play where Fellaini is..
Original post by trapking
Liquidate pls.

No. You're an idiot.
Thought Fellaini was quite poor today. Job was to screen the back four and help aerially but never seemed to win any headers and Deeney & Ighalo seemed to have too much time on the ball.

Whether thats the managers fault for playing yet another player out of position...

Get Basti back.
No. You're an idiot.

...you sound exactly like Mourinho blaming the ref for our bad performance. It does not hide the fact that we are playing poorly.

He did this at Chelsea, blaming refs whenever things never went his way and look what happened. It's dejavu and it's happening to us rn wake up...
No. You're an idiot.

Reported
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474208027.723080.jpg

This image shows how far each team has run so far this season and it's clear to see that the ones who run the most are the teams who are the most fun to watch.

City, Liverpool and Spurs working really hard and getting deserved points, whilst United and Chelsea doing the bare minimum.
Original post by Lúcio
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474208027.723080.jpg

This image shows how far each team has run so far this season and it's clear to see that the ones who run the most are the teams who are the most fun to watch.

City, Liverpool and Spurs working really hard and getting deserved points, whilst United and Chelsea doing the bare minimum.

The only reason you're top is cause Henderson runs aimlessly around the pitch for 90 minutes

Latest