The Student Room Group

Would you date a transexual person?

Poll

Would you date a transexual?

If you are a woman or gay man, would you date a female who has transition into being man. If you are man or a lesbian, would you date a male who has transitioned into being a woman?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes. Someone's gender doesn't bother me and I would date a biological man or a woman if I felt an attraction to them so I wouldn't see a problem with dating anyone who was transsexual tbh. I'm more attracted to who they are as a person rather than what is between their legs, be it what they were born with or not.
Yes, having biological children isn't important to me so if I liked them I wouldn't turn them down
Reply 3
Original post by Spock's Socks
Yes. Someone's gender doesn't bother me and I would date a biological man or a woman if I felt an attraction to them so I wouldn't see a problem with dating anyone who was transsexual tbh. I'm more attracted to who they are as a person rather than what is between their legs, be it what they were born with or not.

I'm talking about sexual relationships here, not friendships.
Reply 5
Original post by KingBradly
I'm talking about sexual relationships here, not friendships.

I was meaning sexual relationships as well. I'd happily be friends with someone who was transsexual as well though.
No
Reply 7
Original post by Spock's Socks
I was meaning sexual relationships. I'd happily be friends with someone who was transsexual as well though.

Well, maybe you are attracted to people's character's more than their physical appearance, but sexual organs are generally pretty important in sexual relationships.
If you are a woman or gay man, would you date a female who has transition into being man. If you are man or a lesbian, would you date a male who has transitioned into being a woman?

But, would you? :colonhash:
No, I'd only want to marry and have sex with someone of the female sex and the female gender.
No
Well, maybe you are attracted to people's character's more than their physical appearance, but sexual organs are generally pretty important in sexual relationships.

I am more interested in things like foreplay rather than full blown sex plus I don't want kids so I think those are some reasons why I'm not too fussed about what sexual organs someone has but yeah in general, I am more attracted to peoples character.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by L'absurde
But would you? :colonhash:

I doubt it. I have seen some males who honestly look like very attractive women once they are post-op, but it just wouldn't feel right to me. I support people's decision to be transexual though. And perhaps if I just fell in love with someone I would, you often can't really predict who you will love. But overall I'd say no.
Reply 13
Nay
No, I want to have children with my spouse.
Negative
I doubt it. I have seen some males who honestly look like very attractive women once they are post-op, but it just wouldn't feel right to me. I support people's decision to be transexual though. And perhaps if I just fell in love with someone I would, you often can't really predict who you will love. But overall I'd say no.

Indeed they can make one "Foxy Lady" :wink:
No, they were born a man (and are still biologically male, as in XY chromosomes). That is not attractive to me at all. Plus most still sound somewhat masculine, so no thanks. And I want to have children, too.
I'd give it a go if it turned out someone I was dating was trans. Can't say I'd stick it though, it seems like something that would sit in the back of your head and bother you.

Honestly, it's all well and good to think about what you'd do in these situations and say what you'd do, but as we all know, in theory and in practice are two completely different things.
No

Quick Reply