The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Any students want to live on a farm?

Hello, I currently have a farmhouse near Durham with a spare room and was wondering whether any students might be interested in it.

It's about a 15 minute drive from Durham, so you really need a car, but it's also very close to areas where my PGCE friends taught last year (Wingate, Coxhoe, Bowburn). It's a very nice place to live too - very peaceful, and we even have a log fire. There's even a stables, so you could bring a horse...

Anyway, if you're interested, there's more about the farm (and us) here:

https://www.spareroom.co.uk/5945536

James
(edited 6 years ago)
If I was a single student headed to university, I would be all over this.

Perfect for a student wanting a unique experience.

SS
(edited 7 years ago)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
If I had got into Durham I'd have moved there because of the puppy :3
Reply 3
Original post by Supersaps
If I was a single student headed to university, I would be all over this.

Perfect for a student wanting a unique experience.

SS

Thanks! Personally, I probably wouldn't recommend it for a fresher - it's kinda difficult for nights out. It's great if you want a peaceful place to work though.

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
If I had got into Durham I'd have moved there because of the puppy :3

Hmm, maybe I should put a picture of him up. He is super cute.
Original post by Zetland
Thanks! Personally, I probably wouldn't recommend it for a fresher - it's kinda difficult for nights out. It's great if you want a peaceful place to work though.

Hmm, maybe I should put a picture of him up. He is super cute.

Please do! I find dogs gorgeous :h:
Reply 5
Please do! I find dogs gorgeous :h:

Better late than never I guess...

image.jpg

(Crocs not mine)*
Original post by Zetland
Better late than never I guess...

image.jpg

(Crocs not mine)*

Oh my god HE IS SO SO SO SO SO CUTE CAN I PLZ HAVE HIM ARGSFJEYSHDHFJDHD :33333333333

You should've picked a day where I wasn't going through PMS

@Supersaps
This would have been fantastic for me I start my MA at Durham in 2 weeks but I just moved into my mums old house in West Cornforth with my cocker spaniel and two ex-bat hens; Miss Money Penny and Em haha! I'd have brought my Irish cob with too if I could have, but I think my neighbours already think I'm crackers! I'll share your advert on facebook anycase any postgrads I know fancy the opportunity.
Good luck finding someone if you haven't already.
Original post by tashanaleigh
This would have been fantastic for me I start my MA at Durham in 2 weeks but I just moved into my mums old house in West Cornforth with my cocker spaniel and two ex-bat hens; Miss Money Penny and Em haha! I'd have brought my Irish cob with too if I could have, but I think my neighbours already think I'm crackers! I'll share your advert on facebook anycase any postgrads I know fancy the opportunity.
Good luck finding someone if you haven't already.

Your Cocker Spaniel is soo cute! I love its ears :33
Your Cocker Spaniel is soo cute! I love its ears :33

Haha thanks!
Reply 10
Hey, just wanted to bump this thread as we now have another room coming free this July. Here's the listing if any of you are interested: https://www.spareroom.co.uk/5945536
Reply 11
This made me laugh. I'm going to Durham this year, having lived my whole life on a farm, and can't wait to got away and live in a town for the first time. It could be a fun experience for someone though, especially with the dog. :smile:
Reply 12
Hope you don't find me bumping this thread, but we have another room free for the new academic year. The rooms are huge and it's a very peaceful area, quite close to a lot of schools too, so it's ideal for PGCE students, but we've had a mix of students living here too.

Quick Reply

Latest