The Student Room Group

I need some advice!

I am aiming to go to a very good University at the end of year 13, and study electrical engineering. I am currently in year 12, studying maths, physics, chemistry and economics, therefore I will require an A* in mathematics, an A in physics and an A in a third subject. Please could someone give me some guidance upon how I can do well in my subjects, maybe giving some subject specific detail (e.g. Do extra questions in the exercise book that I have been given in maths), as I am very motivated and willing to begin doing as such, from this early point in the course.

Please post helpful replies!
Reply 1
Original post by jsk800
I am aiming to go to a very good University at the end of year 13, and study electrical engineering. I am currently in year 12, studying maths, physics, chemistry and economics, therefore I will require an A* in mathematics, an A in physics and an A in a third subject. Please could someone give me some guidance upon how I can do well in my subjects, maybe giving some subject specific detail (e.g. Do extra questions in the exercise book that I have been given in maths), as I am very motivated and willing to begin doing as such, from this early point in the course.

Please post helpful replies!

You'd be best to ask in the appropriate Study Help forum for each subject.

And some "very good" universities like to see Further Maths too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
You'd be best to ask in the appropriate Study Help forum for each subject.

And some "very good" universities like to see Further Maths too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been to some really good university open days and they have mentioned about further maths, however they said that mathematics with no further is fine. I therefore don't see much point in doing a harder course, which could mean that my grade will be lower, for a subject accepting just maths.
Reply 3
Original post by jsk800
I've been to some really good university open days and they have mentioned about further maths, however they said that mathematics with no further is fine. I therefore don't see much point in doing a harder course, which could mean that my grade will be lower, for a subject accepting just maths.

You get a grade in each. It's not combined. And they allocate modules so your Maths (usually) is given priority for the higher grade.

But yes FM is not required at most universities...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending