The Student Room Group
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by RAMSHACKLE14
Hi, i really need help on a physics practical write-up, its my first time doing an experiment write-up and i wanted to know how do i structure it and have a good introduction? And if there's any sample write-up online i could find?

thanks

I'm not sure about finding samples online, but as a student now taking physics at A2 and having done half of my practical write ups already, this is how I generally structure them.
1) aim: what is the purpose of the practical
2) equipment: just list it all
3)risk assessment: wearing goggles when using springs etc.
4)method: generally I write it down in numbered steps.
5)results: first as a neat table then as a graph.
6)analysis: calculating the graphs gradient and uncertainty values for your results.
7) conclusion& research: did it do as expected? Was the answer similar to what is generally accepted?(within your uncertainties). What other experiments could be done to find the same thing.

Hope that helps. Remember, you've got 6 practicals to show your competencies so don't worry if they don't all go according to plan or you don't understand uncertainties or graphs properly. If there's a specific part you don't understand just ask your teacher or on tsr.
Also an introductory paragraph is absolutely unnecessary in a practical write up
Original post by spico
I'm not sure about finding samples online, but as a student now taking physics at A2 and having done half of my practical write ups already, this is how I generally structure them.
1) aim: what is the purpose of the practical
2) equipment: just list it all
3)risk assessment: wearing goggles when using springs etc.
4)method: generally I write it down in numbered steps.
5)results: first as a neat table then as a graph.
6)analysis: calculating the graphs gradient and uncertainty values for your results.
7) conclusion& research: did it do as expected? Was the answer similar to what is generally accepted?(within your uncertainties). What other experiments could be done to find the same thing.

Hope that helps. Remember, you've got 6 practicals to show your competencies so don't worry if they don't all go according to plan or you don't understand uncertainties or graphs properly. If there's a specific part you don't understand just ask your teacher or on tsr.
Also an introductory paragraph is absolutely unnecessary in a practical write up

THANK YOU!!! You saved me life : )))))))))))))))))))))))))
Reply 4
saving people 4 years later W

Latest