The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

What division is everyone applying to at RBS? Correct me if i'm wrong but they don't possess an IBD or S&T division?

They only have a Commercial banking side, am i right?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by stealth_writer
What division is everyone applying to at RBS? Correct me if i'm wrong but they don't possess an IBD or S&T division?

They only have a Commercial banking side, am i right?

That's correct. I'm not going to apply to RBS. Although their Commercial Banking includes some typical Corporate Banking activities I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
That's correct. I'm not going to apply to RBS. Although their Commercial Banking includes some typical Corporate Banking activities I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

By looks of it, a lot of people on here have applied to RBS, despite this.

Is it a good back up plan or something?
Original post by stealth_writer
By looks of it, a lot of people on here have applied to RBS, despite this.

Is it a good back up plan or something?

If you haven't already got something, then apply to Commercial Banking for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are SJTs really selective ? It's pure common sense lol
anybody else the apply button not working for baml?
Original post by DaFrenchy
Are SJTs really selective ? It's pure common sense lol

Try saying that to the Barclays SJT...

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the Blackrock virtual cover letter: I applied to both Equities and Fixed Income - and they sent me two separate emails so does this mean I have to do two of these virtual pieces of ****?
Does anyone have a list of banks who retest?
Original post by YoussefSilva
Does anyone have a list of banks who retest?

I don't have a list but what I can say is I know for sure both Citi and HSBC re-test. And HSBC particularly are very strict on this (i.e. if you are one mark off the minimum benchmark, you are sent home).

Posted from TSR Mobile
For MS, can you apply to up to three different programmes in one location? or do they have to be in different locations?
Original post by alexjones1994
****ed that Citi test. Reckon I got 10/12... That okay you reckon?

Its quite easy, don't know what everyone is complaining about lol. I missed two of the Qs because I made a mistake on my calculator. Wish I didn't have such sweaty fingers :L.

I reckon people in here will find it easy to get 12/12 ngl.

Take this as you will, but what I was told is that the TalentQ is different from the other tests.

The way that it works is that it gets harder, the more questions you get right. This is why people think its so hard, as the questions get progressively harder.

So, unless you are very good at math, you should not be getting 10 out of 12. I passed the test last year, and am pretty sure I only got around 6 right. The last two questions I basically left blank as they were outrageously difficult.

Hope this is encouraging to those thinking they bombed the TalentQ test :biggrin:
Original post by TheBankinator
Take this as you will, but what I was told is that the TalentQ is different from the other tests.

The way that it works is that it gets harder, the more questions you get right. This is why people think its so hard, as the questions get progressively harder.

So, unless you are very good at math, you should not be getting 10 out of 12. I passed the test last year, and am pretty sure I only got around 6 right. The last two questions I basically left blank as they were outrageously difficult.

Hope this is encouraging to those thinking they bombed the TalentQ test :biggrin:

really? My test got easier as it went along. Must of seriously bombed it then haha
Does anyone know whether it is possible to apply for two locations in Europe for Citi (Investment Banking)? I am fluent in Swedish but studying in the UK so I figured that I might as well apply for the summer analyst programme in Stockholm as well as the London one - providing it is possible. Thoughts on this?
Original post by alexjones1994
really? My test got easier as it went along. Must of seriously bombed it then haha

haha yeah really hope for your sake that I'm wrong, but that's what happened to my friend (he said it was quite easy) and didn't pass. Thing is, maybe you are good at these tests and end up passing!
Original post by Ox2018
Does anyone know whether it is possible to apply for two locations in Europe for Citi (Investment Banking)? I am fluent in Swedish but studying in the UK so I figured that I might as well apply for the summer analyst programme in Stockholm as well as the London one - providing it is possible. Thoughts on this?

just do it
for Citi investment banking, is it split up into m&a and capital markets - should i specify one on my cover letter?
Original post by cleverboy12
for Citi investment banking, is it split up into m&a and capital markets - should i specify one on my cover letter?

there's a separate team for capital markets called capital markets origination

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
there's a separate team for capital markets called capital markets origination

Posted from TSR Mobile

so would the investment banking department not do IPOs?
is there anywhere i could find list of the coverage groups at citi or are they standard?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending