The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Uni of Edinburgh

Edinburgh is the prettiest city in the UK. It's just so enchanting... Google it... Far better than overcrowded Oxford/Cambridge/Durham.

Uni of Edinburgh is like the 3rd best uni in the Uk according to some league tables...

Is it possible for English students to go to Scotttish universities and have student finance pay for it?
Reply 1
Original post by Voi
Edinburgh is the prettiest city in the UK. It's just so enchanting... Google it... Far better than overcrowded Oxford/Cambridge/Durham.

Uni of Edinburgh is like the 3rd best uni in the Uk according to some league tables...

Is it possible for English students to go to Scotttish universities and have student finance pay for it?

Nope. Students from England have to pay £9000 tuition fees just like any university in England. However, depending on your household income, check out the Edinburgh bursary which is amongst the most generous in the UK and can offer you up to £7000 a year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Alright, who hired you to start plugging it on here
Reply 3
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Alright, who hired you to start plugging it on here

Haha me? Nobody, I'm just trying to help.
Original post by Voi

Prettiest city in the UK lol? Please, don't base that assumption on Google Images - you'll he sorely dissapointed when your arrive!
Original post by pmc:producer
Prettiest city in the UK lol? Please, don't base that assumption on Google Images - you'll he sorely dissapointed when your arrive!

I would have to disagree with you- I've lived in Edinburgh for a couple of months now after having moved here for university, and I definitely think it's one of the prettiest cities i've seen. And I've been to Cambridge, Oxford, London, Durham etc.
Original post by EmmaLouise759
I would have to disagree with you- I've lived in Edinburgh for a couple of months now after having moved here for university, and I definitely think it's one of the prettiest cities i've seen. And I've been to Cambridge, Oxford, London, Durham etc.

Unfortunately, this is subjective. It's absolutely not prettier than Cambridge, Durham or the likes. It has a nice city centre - apart from that, nothing.

Go to Niddrie, Muirhouse, Pilton... The list goes on. Like something from Shameless!
Original post by pmc:producer
Unfortunately, this is subjective. It's absolutely not prettier than Cambridge, Durham or the likes. It has a nice city centre - apart from that, nothing.

Go to Niddrie, Muirhouse, Pilton... The list goes on. Like something from Shameless!

You say that it's subjective but then go on to give what looks like your opinion as an actual fact by saying it's absolutely not prettier than Cambridge or Durham? When I went to Durham I was largely disappointed by it. Nothing like how it looked in prospectuses, not many buildings were old and the nice bit of the town was pretty small. Yes Edinburgh may have some areas a bit out of the way that aren't that great, but as a student at Edinburgh you'd be given accommodation in the city centre, so it's unlikely you'd see those places often if at all. And I'd also point out that the city centre is pretty big in itself. Although we can agree to disagree. :shakehand:
Original post by EmmaLouise759
You say that it's subjective but then go on to give what looks like your opinion as an actual fact by saying it's absolutely not prettier than Cambridge or Durham? When I went to Durham I was largely disappointed by it. Nothing like how it looked in prospectuses, not many buildings were old and the nice bit of the town was pretty small. Yes Edinburgh may have some areas a bit out of the way that aren't that great, but as a student at Edinburgh you'd be given accommodation in the city centre, so it's unlikely you'd see those places often if at all. And I'd also point out that the city centre is pretty big in itself. Although we can agree to disagree. :shakehand:

I said it was subjective to highlight that we were both giving opinions - keep up.

Also, you're comparing university buildings, not cities. If you mean Edinburgh Uni is nicer than Durham or whatever else, I can accept your point. If you're telling me Edinburgh as a city is 'prettier' I simply can't. Those places I mentioned aren't 'out the way' either, Edinburgh isn't a particularly big city. The places I mention are no more than 5 or 10 minutes away from the castle... :lol:

But yes, let's agree to disagree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending