The Student Room Group

What are the modules for A level Math?

I know in further maths you can choose certain modules. Is it the same in a level math or does everyone do only C1,2,3 and 4?
Well in my sixth form we were forced to do c1, c2, c3, c4, s1, m1
Originally it was meant to be:
Mandatory: c1, c2, c3, c4
Optional: m1 or s1 for AS and another option for A2

So depends on the sixth form or college
I think the core modules are mandatory :smile:
Everyone does C1-4, then 2 more modules. Some schools let you pick, but I'm just doing S1 and M1.
C1-4 are compulsory. Then you choose two from M1-4, S1-4, D1-2 (depending on exam board). Some schools force your hand, I argued with them and was able to do D1 and D2.
Original post by loperdoper
C1-4 are compulsory. Then you choose two from M1-4, S1-4, D1-2 (depending on exam board). Some schools force your hand, I argued with them and was able to do D1 and D2.

So could u do m3 and m4 without m1 or m2
Original post by Maths Four Life
So could u do m3 and m4 without m1 or m2

No, I don't think so.
I only listed the full array of M/S modules because of how some people take their maths/further maths a-levels and how the modules can be awarded.
Nope.

Further Maths is different and tied to Maths so you cannot have a module in both.
NO.

It's the exact same module, hence why you cannot use it for both A-Levels.
6 modules per A-Level (so 12) overall.
M1 is straight forward, you'll be fine. I hate physics and I got 93 UMS in it so you have no excuse to do bad. :smile:
You won't have to?
For maths you could do C1-4 and D1-2 and then for Further Maths you could do FP1-3 and S1-3?
of course, that way would likely be more difficult than just opting for M1 and M2 as opposed to FP3 and S3
You could always self-teach it. I mean, it would be a lot easier just to do the mechanics modules, but, if you feel that badly about them :redface:
I have heard it's very difficult :lol:

I'm sure that whichever modules you end up doing you'll be able to do well in, if you put the work in :h:

Quick Reply

Latest