The Student Room Group

I hate being a black female-HELP

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0to100
That's kind of how it is for everyone...
I have really tough natural hair also and it's easy to say that^ but if you don't do that you will literally spend over an hour combing out knots (that's if you can even bare the pain) and it'll just break, even if you have it in protective styles
Original post by Anonymous
(PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THING)
THIS IS ABOUT ME-NOT ANY OTHER BLACK FEMALE

Seriously, i hate being a black female.:frown:

I am 18 years old.

it has occurred to me that being a black female is expensive because, unlike other races, we have to have protective styles, wash and deep condition our hair on a regular basis otherwise it will be hard to manage or break off.

I just can't take it anymore, including the DONKEY hours i spend in the hair salon EVERY MONTH getting my hair done and paying lots of £££££ to achieve the look/style i want.:frown:

It also hurts badly when my hair dresser tries to comb out my natural hair by yanking it with the hair blow dryer.

I used to love how i could rock any hair style. From braids to twists out and from twists out to weaves and wigs because it meant that i could hide my natural kinky coiled hair and not worry about having to look like a clown in it.

But........at this moment in time......

I am feed up, especially when i don't achieve the natural hair look that i want.:frown:

I am also sick and tired of hiding my natural hair under wigs, hair extensions, braids and twists outs especially when i know, i want to rock out my natural hair and not rely on these so called "protective styles" that meant to grow your hair.:frown:

I feel like white girls have it a lot easier.:redface:

Their hair can grow freely past down their shoulders without having to do all that protective styling etc.

I wish my hair could grow just as fast without having to do any special regimen.

I also wish that my parents will let me to completely shave my hair off because its clearly breaking and needs to restart growing from scratch.

With my natural......its just breaking, like yesterday, i tried to comb it and it was shedding badly.:redface:

I feel ugly right now and just want to shave it al of, so my hair can "start again".

The problem with that is my parents, they say "you will not only look ugly if you shave it off, but people will mistake you for a male.

Seriously, even my parents don't understand what i am going through in terms of dealing with my natural hair.

I am really suffering from all sorts right now.

I need help

Anyone?
Just shave it off. Some women look good like that anyway - especially black women. It'll probably look weirder to you than anyone else.

If it's any comfort, I'm going to have to shave mine soon too - because it's so thin now it just looks pathetic :moon:
I have really tough natural hair also and it's easy to say that^ but if you don't do that you will literally spend over an hour combing out knots (that's if you can even bare the pain) and it'll just break, even if you have it in protective styles

I'm going to make a thread for you with advice so everyone in your position can see, in 5mins hold on
Some black women lol go **** this and go bald. She looks happier too
Reply 24
kys
Original post by Tootles
Just shave it off. Some women look good like that anyway - especially black women. It'll probably look weirder to you than anyone else.

If it's any comfort, I'm going to have to shave mine soon too - because it's so thin now it just looks pathetic :moon:

you're a black woman?
why don't you get an affro? those are cool
Braids are easily the easiest thing to deal with, I don't know why you're complaining. Once you've got them in, you don't need to do anything.
What hair type do you have? I understand learning to deal with it can be hard when tv commercials, products in stores and videos are mostly geared towards white women or people with straight hair, but it can be done. When I was having issues, I had to analyse, what is causing the issue? Is it my products? Or my technique. You can learn to deal with it, it's not impossible.
Original post by 0to100
I didn't even click on it just linked it lool
it's the episode of Inbetweeners where Will's pubes fell out so Simon told him to draw some hair on or wear a wig in his pants :yy:

Who's that guy in your profile picture? Yung Sherman?
Original post by UWS
Miracle gro

Isn't that for grass?
Original post by Carthaginian
Who's that guy in your profile picture? Yung Sherman?

Who?
Original post by abc_123_
Isn't that for grass?

:rofl:
Original post by 0to100
Who?

Who's that guy with the cap in your picture?
Original post by 0to100
:rofl:

Is it not?

I am 18 years old.

it has occurred to me that being a black female is expensive because, unlike other races, we have to have protective styles, wash and deep condition our hair on a regular basis otherwise it will be hard to manage or break off.

I just can't take it anymore, including the DONKEY hours i spend in the hair salon EVERY MONTH getting my hair done and paying lots of £££££ to achieve the look/style i want.:frown:

It also hurts badly when my hair dresser tries to comb out my natural hair by yanking it with the hair blow dryer.

I used to love how i could rock any hair style. From braids to twists out and from twists out to weaves and wigs because it meant that i could hide my natural kinky coiled hair and not worry about having to look like a clown in it.

I am feed up, especially when i don't achieve the natural hair look that i want.:frown:

I am also sick and tired of hiding my natural hair under wigs, hair extensions, braids and twists outs especially when i know, i want to rock out my natural hair and not rely on these so called "protective styles" that meant to grow your hair.:frown:

Their hair can grow freely past down their shoulders without having to do all that protective styling etc.

I wish my hair could grow just as fast without having to do any special regimen.

I also wish that my parents will let me to completely shave my hair off because its clearly breaking and needs to restart growing from scratch.

With my natural......its just breaking, like yesterday, i tried to comb it and it was shedding badly.:redface:

I feel ugly right now and just want to shave it al of, so my hair can "start again".

The problem with that is my parents, they say "you will not only look ugly if you shave it off, but people will mistake you for a male.

Seriously, even my parents don't understand what i am going through in terms of dealing with my natural hair.

I need help

Anyone?

Whiten yourself up, reversing the once acceptable whites blacking themselves up. Problem solved.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Carthaginian
Who's that guy with the cap in your picture?

Take a wild guess
Original post by abc_123_
Is it not?

lmao ye it is

I am 18 years old.

I need help

Anyone?

white girls don't have it a lot easier lol
fine hair is a *****, and you're probably pretty af anyway
i personally love black girls' hair
wanna trade?=))
Reply 39
Girls message me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending