The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Original post by Princepieman
Agree with the first bit of the post, gap years mature you exponentially, especially if you take the time to learn as much as possible and explore the world + find interesting work to do.

Disagree with the latter, there's marginal difference in 'chances' or 'probabilities' of OP getting into a good career between either 2 of those universities. Any perceived difference is most likely amplified noise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Never said his chances would be impaired if he chose Warwick instead of LSE. Neither did I say that they're different in terms of quality. I'm pointing out the fact that LSE, internationally, has a brand name that Warwick does not. So is true for Oxbridge.

My university has plenty of exchange agreements with unis in Britain, among them Warwick and LSE. But guess who the poster boy is...
Guys can we get back to discussing Spring Weeks pls lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by therealdeal580

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still early days yet, we're not going to see much action til at least October or November.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still early days yet, we're not going to see much action til at least October or November.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed the applications are moving very slow this year.

Still waiting for DB to put up the markets SW....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

U wot m8?
Original post by Gladiatorsword
U wot m8?

I was just saying because the whole thread started comparing Unis which is not really the point of this thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 926
Can't find the Barclays SW?
Original post by Zer0.
Can't find the Barclays SW?

Its not up yet, check again around November time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RWiz

LSE > Warwick. Warwick is not that well-known outside UK compared to LSE. You could ask anyone at my school and people would all know about the LSE brand, but not Warwick.

I wouldn't go that far. I know a lot of people from around the world who know Warwick in a good light, far more than you'd think. The fact is that both Warwick and LSE are very global universities.
Anyone else find the HSBC questions ridiculously over complicated and tedious?! Could anyone someone provide some inspiration for the HSBC 'what are our top 3 risks facing us' question?

As much as I'd like to start talking about Brexit, they've made clear they arent fussed by it....any thought much appreciated!
Original post by BusMan21
Anyone else find the HSBC questions ridiculously over complicated and tedious?! Could anyone someone provide some inspiration for the HSBC 'what are our top 3 risks facing us' question?

As much as I'd like to start talking about Brexit, they've made clear they arent fussed by it....any thought much appreciated!

> read news stories/their annual report
> pick out 3 things
> comment on how they link
> ?????
> profit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 931
Agreed the applications are moving very slow this year.

Still waiting for DB to put up the markets SW....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did something silly. So that's what I would've applied for had the app been open.
On their site, Corp finance and tech were only available so I thought corp finance would just cover everything other than tech.
Should I inform HR that I've basically applied for the wrong app lol? Cause I talk about global markets in the 'why this division' rofl.
Original post by Rkai01
I did something silly. So that's what I would've applied for had the app been open.
On their site, Corp finance and tech were only available so I thought corp finance would just cover everything other than tech.
Should I inform HR that I've basically applied for the wrong app lol? Cause I talk about global markets in the 'why this division' rofl.

Yes tell them.

I honestly thought the same (scroll back in the thread) and looked like a complete mug when I checked again and other divisions were available.. lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 933
Yes tell them.

I honestly thought the same (scroll back in the thread) and looked like a complete mug when I checked again and other divisions were available.. lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Funny thing they invited me for a numerical.. Would've thought they'd reject me instantly tbt.

Oh right did you send off ur db app?
Original post by Rkai01
Funny thing they invited me for a numerical.. Would've thought they'd reject me instantly tbt.

Nah, not submitting until late October
Original post by Rkai01

They look at ur application after the numericals bro

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry if this has been asked before: do big consulting firms run any kind of programs for 1st years?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Adrono
Sorry if this has been asked before: do big consulting firms run any kind of programs for 1st years?

you can search through the thread tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
you can search through the thread tho

Posted from TSR Mobile

edit: just figured you can actually search words within the thread.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 939
They look at ur application after the numericals bro

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ik but it said that I went thru the initial screening. that could be referring to ensuring i am a first year, am eligible to work in this country and so could also include submitting to the right dept as i can imagine they receive bogus apps.

Latest

Trending

Trending