The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick 2017 Entry Applicants

I know UCAS track only just started but is anyone thinking of applying to Warwick?

Thought we could put our subjects etc here while we're still working on our applications and chat about the uni:,

Name:
Subject of Interest:
AS:
Predicted/Achieved A2 grades:
Other uni choices:
Offers:

I actually didn't even think about it and had my eye on UCL, King's, LSE, until I visited on the open day and just totally fell in love. Seems like a place you can call home the minute you walk on campus, and so unlike any of the other uni's I had seen. Did anyone else find the same thing with the environment?

oh, and

Name: Marie
Subject of Interest: Law
AS: AAABB, (Finished General Studies to A2 but since none of my Universities take it it's pointless)
Predicted/Achieved A2 grades: A*A*A (already achieved), also fast tracking another A2 in my gap year, predicted A*
Other uni choices: King's, LSE, UCL, Nottingham
Offers: application not sent yet, LNAT booked for this month
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Harvey'sLaw
I know UCAS track only just started but is anyone thinking of applying to Warwick?

Thought we could put our subjects etc here while we're still working on our applications and chat about the uni:,

Name:
Subject of Interest:
AS:
Predicted/Achieved A2 grades:
Other uni choices:
Offers:

I actually didn't even think about it and had my eye on UCL, King's, LSE, until I visited on the open day and just totally fell in love. Seems like a place you can call home the minute you walk on campus, and so unlike any of the other uni's I had seen. Did anyone else find the same thing with the environment?

Name: Jake
Subject of Interest: Psychology
AS: AAAB in Psychology, Maths, English Language and Media Studies respectively
Predicted/Achieved A2 grades: I've not actually been told/seen yet but presumably something between AAA and A*A*A*. No reason why I couldn't be targeted 3 A*s (I hope!)
Other uni choices: Lancaster, Nottingham, Leeds and somewhere else I've not decided yet, maybe Manchester, York or Leicester
Offers: None... (Yet!)

I got that homely vibe from Lancaster. Seems such a welcoming, fun, friendly university. That's definitely my first choice at the moment but I'm going to Warwick's open day on the 24th of September and Warwick looks so nice (without having actually been) so that could well change and the third year psychology modules seem so interesting. Warwick was certainly my favourite before I'd seen any of my choices

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Name: Sapph
Subject of Interest: History & International relations and Mandarin
AS: C :frown: (Got an A in one exam and then bombed my second getting an E, was devastated, gonna have to retake)
Predicted/Achieved A2 grades: AAA/AAC (English Lang, does not seem to be my strong point at the moment haha)
Other uni choices: Lancaster, Southampton, Greenwich (Saftey net) and I applying to Warwick twice.
Offers: Offers Back from SOUTHAMPTON (ABB) AND GREENWICH (112pnts)

Totally in love with Warwick, already got friends there! Working hard to go. Has anyone already picked which accommodation they'll apply for (Bluebell or Sherbourne for me)
good luck everyone, see you there? xx
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Name: patrick horrocks
Subject of Interest: maths,economics,physics
AS: AAAA-(maths,physics,chemistry,geography)
Predicted/Achieved A2 grades: A*A*A\A*AA
Other uni choices: Oxbridge,bath,Durham,Bristol,Lancaster
Offers: haven't sent application yet

I was wondering why the entry requirements are so high, like its easier to get into oxford to do maths.
Warwick require;

A*A*A + STEP/ AEA including grade A* in Mathematics and Further Mathematics and grade 2 in any STEP/ Distinction in AEA Mathematics
OR
A*A*A* including grade A* in Mathematics, Further Mathematics and a non-Maths subject
OR
A*A*AA including grade A* in Mathematics and Further Mathematics and AA in two non-Maths subjects

As I don't take further maths, will I be rejected, yet take 3 maths subjects.???
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by patrick_horro
Name: patrick horrocks
Subject of Interest: maths,economics,physics
AS: AAAA-(maths,physics,chemistry,geography)
Predicted/Achieved A2 grades: A*A*A\A*AA
Other uni choices: Oxbridge,bath,Durham,Bristol,Lancaster
Offers: haven't sent application yet

I was wondering why the entry requirements are so high, like its easier to get into oxford to do maths.
Warwick require;

A*A*A + STEP/ AEA including grade A* in Mathematics and Further Mathematics and grade 2 in any STEP/ Distinction in AEA Mathematics
OR
A*A*A* including grade A* in Mathematics, Further Mathematics and a non-Maths subject
OR
A*A*AA including grade A* in Mathematics and Further Mathematics and AA in two non-Maths subjects

As I don't take further maths, will I be rejected, yet take 3 maths subjects.???

What were your maths UMS scores?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Subject of Interest: Mathematics
AS: AAAAB
Predicted A2 grades: 4A*
Other uni choices: Oxford, Imperial, Bath, Notts
Offers: (none yet)
Reply 6
Original post by Don Joiner
What were your maths UMS scores?

Posted from TSR Mobile

C1-93,C2-84, Mechanics-96 (particularly proud of myself considering I got an E back in november lol)
Warwick require;

OR
OR

The entry requirements are so high as the university is renowned for its maths degrees. I know of people who came to do their masters at Warwick (from oxbridge) as they want more of a challenge.
Reply 8
Original post by Toughtee
The entry requirements are so high as the university is renowned for its maths degrees. I know of people who came to do their masters at Warwick (from oxbridge) as they want more of a challenge.

cheers for the reply, Can you get in without having further maths, and is the course (economics) more essay based or mathematical because I'm not the best at essays. (the requirements are the same for both maths and maths/economics)
(edited 7 years ago)
cheers for the reply, Can you get in without having further maths, and is the course (economics) more essay based or mathematical because I'm not the best at essays.

Aahh I'm afraid I am but a lowly engineer, so I can't answer any questions based on the economics entry requirements. I will say however that the university library does run seminars and courses to improve essay writing if you struggle with it, as may your courses' society.
Name: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Subject of Interest: Physics MSci
AS: ABBB in Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology respectively
Predicted/Achieved A2 grades: A*AA in Maths, Physics and Chemistry respectively.
Other uni choices: UCL, Nottingham, Bristol, KCL
Offers:
Reply 11
Aahh I'm afraid I am but a lowly engineer, so I can't answer any questions based on the economics entry requirements. I will say however that the university library does run seminars and courses to improve essay writing if you struggle with it, as may your courses' society.

In the requirements for both maths and maths/economics there is no mention of what you need if you don't take further maths. they say A*A* plus AA in 2 non maths subjects. AS I'm taking maths,Chem and physics (3 maths subjects) what would the requirements be?
In the requirements for both maths and maths/economics there is no mention of what you need if you don't take further maths. they say A*A* plus AA in 2 non maths subjects. AS I'm taking maths,Chem and physics (3 maths subjects) what would the requirements be?

I don't know enough about it to give you a good answer I'm afraid! Try posting on the Warwick Maths Chat? They'll probably give you a much better idea than I can.

Email the Admissions Tutor
Reply 14
do you have a link for it??
I don't know enough about it to give you a good answer I'm afraid! Try posting on the Warwick Maths Chat? They'll probably give you a much better idea than I can.
do you have a link for it??

Here you go: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1370944

Good luck!
Reply 16
Name: Joe
Course: Economics
AS: AAAA in Maths, Economics, Geography and History
A2 predictions: no idea yet but hoping I can get at least 2 A* predictions
Other unis: Nottingham, Manchester and 2 of Bristol, Leeds and York

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joddcfc
Name: Joe
Course: Economics
AS: AAAA in Maths, Economics, Geography and History
A2 predictions: no idea yet but hoping I can get at least 2 A* predictions
Other unis: Nottingham, Manchester and 2 of Bristol, Leeds and York

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are your GCSEs like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
What are your GCSEs like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

6A*, 4A and a C. Pretty sure I've seen your name before on the economics forum - you also applying for Economics at Warwick?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending