The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by al_94
Now Gnabry has left Arsenal he is scoring crazy goals Wenger is lost that's why he buys players like Sanogo and Takuma Asano

He has a lot of faith in Iwobi. And people have a short memory about Gnabry, his decision making was pretty bad when he played for us. Fair play to the guy if he makes it big and signs for Bayern though.
Reply 541
Letting Gnabry go was such a mistake.. really loved the guy

Inb4 @swirly comes up with Gnabry only having one notable assist vs the scum
Original post by Lúcio
Still gotta score them pal :wink:

Xhaka's goal was dirty - he went full Henderson.

Nah mate, better for Sanchez to miss them and cost me 20 fantasy points innit
Having the games one after the other on motd wasn't fair; Xhakas goal gave me full blown hard on, Hendersons made me bust my nut they were so good
Original post by leinad2012
Nah mate, better for Sanchez to miss them and cost me 20 fantasy points innit
Having the games one after the other on motd wasn't fair; Xhakas goal gave me full blown hard on, Hendersons made me bust my nut they were so good

Yeah they were both quality

Bias aside, I'd put Henderson's marginally above simply due to accuracy. It was perfectly in the top corner - no keeper is saving that but you could argue a top keeper could've saved Xhaka's.

Also pissed at how we were last on MOTD and they barely mentioned how good we are at the moment. Like I know City will run away with the league, but Liverpool, Everton and Spurs are the ones looking most likely to complete the top 4 😂
Ozil has yet to hit top form this season. Masterclass vs Chelsea incoming. RIP David Luiz.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Reply 545
Kane is going to be terrible near the end of the season anyway and Spurs will capitulate like they always do.

Luiz will probably have a monster game vs you lot. I'm more worried about Cahill.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Ozil has yet to hit top form this season. Masterclass vs Chelsea incoming. RIP David Luiz.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thought his pass in the lead up to the goal against PSG was top top qualitee. The pace of it, the vision, everything.
I actually can't wait for Welbeck to come back, the 4-2-1-3 Wenger is playing seems ideal for Welbeck being involved since Fergie used the formation a lot with Welbeck on the left in his final years at Utd. Also, I think the fact that Sanchez is playing CF is more to do with wanting him to be adaptable to that position but still being interchangeable.
thing that worries me about united is how awful and reactive their fan base has become only a few years of up and down.. and knowing that our fan base is going to be 10x worse after wenger leaves.*
Original post by fallen_acorns
thing that worries me about united is how awful and reactive their fan base has become only a few years of up and down.. and knowing that our fan base is going to be 10x worse after wenger leaves.*

Looking forward to it tbh, our fanbase at the Emirates is AIDs infested and they will **** off anyway. Full of middle class families on their days out and tourists. "Herbert Chapman? Who is he?" Our youth system? **** that. Because we want to buy Pogba for £100m innit?!

Away fans are reasonable and bleed Arsenal. The Emirates needs to be a cauldron of hate and vile insults towards the other team, no wonder teams find it easy to come and sit back at The Emirates, we don't get inside their heads.

You have players in the team now who grew up like me watching Arsenal with Arsene leading the club. You have guys like Jack and Iwobi who should never leave the club as they are the soul of the club, they bleed red and would die for Wenger. **** becoming another soulless tripe of a club. Make no mistake about it, we can become soulless as hell if we wanted to, we could sell to Usmanov and buy every hyped player out there.
Btw, if you don't think the crowd helps a lot with the home games then you are crazy. Say we are chasing a goal in the final 10 minutes, the crowd is what pushes the players onwards and helps to push the momentum of continuous attacks. The opposition starts to sit and that is when they are in danger. We just have far too many fans at the Emirates who just don't give a **** except to moan and stay silent, it's actually embarrassing.
Cheers Jeff.
I like having James around, it means I don't have to worry about the embarrassment of being the highest post on this thread...
I just really love Arsenal yeah.

Living the dream.
(edited 7 years ago)
Guys would you rather get to the semi final of the FA Cup and Champions League and finish 6th, or go out in the first round in both and finish 3rd?
Original post by swirly
Guys would you rather get to the semi final of the FA Cup and Champions League and finish 6th, or go out in the first round in both and finish 3rd?

Finish 3rd. Don't see the point if we don't win anything, might aswell just settle for top 4. (inb4 4th place is a trophy jokes)

If it was finish 6th and win the Champions League I'd take that in a heartbeat.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Finish 3rd. Don't see the point if we don't win anything, might aswell just settle for top 4. (inb4 4th place is a trophy jokes)

If it was finish 6th and win the Champions League I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Pretty much us last season - we got to a domestic and European final but since we lost both, nobody really cares.
You're always better to finish higher in the league in this scenario.

Mate I'd be content to finish 17th if we won the Champions League in the same season...
Original post by Lúcio
Pretty much us last season - we got to a domestic and European final but since we lost both, nobody really cares.
You're always better to finish higher in the league in this scenario.

Mate I'd be content to finish 17th if we won the Champions League in the same season...

No one cares? You've mentioned it about a million times in the 3 months since it happened Lubio, god knows how we'd be able to stand you if you lot actually won a final! :wink:
Original post by leinad2012
No one cares? You've mentioned it about a million times in the 3 months since it happened Lubio, god knows how we'd be able to stand you if you lot actually won a final! :wink:

I mean the footballing world in general you melt :tongue:

You know we've gone to 2nd most likely to win the league on all the bookies? That counts for something right?! :frown:
Original post by Lúcio
I mean the footballing world in general you melt :tongue:

You know we've gone to 2nd most likely to win the league on all the bookies? That counts for something right?! :frown:

Would strongly back you to be top 2 if not 1st at Christmas, your next 10 fixtures are a joke. Then again you seem to mess up in the small games more than the big ones, like Burnley so we'll see.

Quick Reply

Latest