The Student Room Group

Farage: 'Clinton is in for a big shock'

[video="youtube;a8rPsbGMSSM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8rPsbGMSSM[/video]

In a short interview with Fox News last week, Farage discussed the US election and how detrimental to her campaign Clinton's "Deplorables" claim really is.

Once again, the Establishment has shot itself in the foot.

Never, ever, ever, should you undermine the 'silent majority'. David Cameron and the Remain did exactly that in the weeks leading up to Brexit, and look what happened.

When Cameron was asked about UKIP voters, he said they are 'loonies, fruitcakes and closet racists mostly'.

What happened during the Referendum was, they said, that Leave voters were all old, ill-educated and closet racists.

Honestly, Clinton calling half of Americans 'deplorables' was probably the most damaging moment of her campaign and could easily jeapordise her chances.

Obama has done it too now... telling the Black Caucus Committee: "Vote For Hillary, Or Else It's a Personal Insult"

Are they on crack or something?!
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hardly damaging dude: it will not make those people change their mind, but it certainly will not cause her supporters to defect or anything like that. I am pretty sure she has already apologised for that comment anyway.
Want he supposed to be withdrawing from public life after he resigned as UKIP leader...

At the moment it looks like he has resogned predominantley to act as a Trump surrogate which is pretty pathetic tbh.
Farage spot on as always. Can't wait to see the smile wiped off of that vile woman's face when she loses to Trump. The Dems think they've had this in the bag since the start, little do they know...
Farage (PBUH) should succeed Queen Lizzy
Reply 5
Original post by Es0phagus
Hardly damaging dude: it will not make those people change their mind, but it certainly will not cause her supporters to defect or anything like that. I am pretty sure she has already apologised for that comment anyway.

You're seriously undermining the damage it can cause. The only reason she apologised is because she knew that it was a horrible thing to say and that it would have an effect on her campaign.

All she's done is further emphasise the idea of an establishment that doesn't care about the average Joe.
Reply 6
Original post by mojojojo101
Want he supposed to be withdrawing from public life after he resigned as UKIP leader...

At the moment it looks like he has resogned predominantley to act as a Trump surrogate which is pretty pathetic tbh.

I think it's brave but also smart. There are strong similarities between Brexit and the US election, and Farage knows it, and I think Trump knows it too.

Did you vote Remain?
Reply 7
This is US politics, insulting the opposing side is pretty much par for the course. It's always the same, the politicians would rather spend their time pointing out each other's problems rather than promoting their own virtues.
Original post by Dodgypirate
I think it's brave but also smart. There are strong similarities between Brexit and the US election, and Farage knows it, and I think Trump knows it too.

Did you vote Remain?

I dont think it is either of those things, outside of the liklehood he is probably getting very well to have smoke blown up his arse for 2mins on Amerucan television...

There are strong similarities between the 2 elections, a very simple, poorly defined sense of anti-establishment feeling being taken advantage of by someone who has bennefitted massively from said establishment. The idea that Trump really care or understand the needs or wants of the common man is frankly ridiculous.

I didnt vote either way in the referendum as I didnt feel able to make a positive choice either way, I dont see why that is relevant though.
Yeah because Trump has been saying such kind words about Hillary and her supporters
I think Farage is great. Tells it like it is. I hope he comes back into politics one day. He has a lot to offer.
the "silent majority", you have no personal clue what % of the US supports either candidate, don't make up stuff how more than 50% of the USA supports this muppet
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Yeah because Trump has been saying such kind words about Hillary and her supporters

He never said anything about her supporters dummy
Original post by ikealamp
the "silent majority", you have no personal clue what % of the us supports either candidate, don't make up stuff how more than 50% of the usa supports this muppet

>a
>****ing
>lamp
Original post by Dez
This is US politics, insulting the opposing side is pretty much par for the course. It's always the same, the politicians would rather spend their time pointing out each other's problems rather than promoting their own virtues.

Insulting the opposite party (in terms of politician-on-politician) is absolutely fine and expected, I agree. However attacking close to half of the voting population and calling them "deplorables" is out of order. Clinton stepped over the line, and I can imagine that's why she apologised - she's the "deplorable" one.
Original post by IkeaLamp
the "silent majority", you have no personal clue what % of the US supports either candidate, don't make up stuff how more than 50% of the USA supports this muppet

That was a quote from Farage.

He has had plenty to say about Clinton...

Has he ever said anything about her supporters. Quote needed.
Reply 17

"While Hillary said horrible things about my supporters, and while many of her supporters will never vote for me, I still respect them all!"
Donald Trump on Twitter on 10th September

Original post by Dodgypirate

Has he ever said anything about her supporters. Quote needed.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
"While Hillary said horrible things about my supporters, and while many of her supporters will never vote for me, I still respect them all!"
Donald Trump on Twitter on 10th September

Oh wow, how horrible of him... I have lost all respect. :angry:

Spoiler

Reply 19
Original post by Es0phagus

Her supporters will not defect, but many undecided can be influenced by that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending