The Student Room Group

What age do you want to get married?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ishax
I mean in terms of financial stability, I want someone who's financially stable so I can live more comfortably. I also want to spend time on my career and not settle down.

We probably have very different ideas of what it means to live comfortably:tongue:
Reply 41
Original post by claireestelle
I moved out for university but also as an adult I didn't want to be living with my mum, she raised me to be independent so I stopped relying on her support financially the minute I could.

That's your perspective mine is very different, mine having one of my parents die in their mid 30s is that we don't live forever so if I want to do something like have a family when we own a house and are able to afford to I will rather than put that of until it could be too late too (the way I see it my mum really struggled to have her second child so I don't want to wait till my 30s to have them) . Besides getting married and having kids isn't something that will stop me doing anything I want to when I ve done it all already.

I'm sorry to hear that. It's just if I get married and eventually have children, there will be childcare costs etc. I'd have my children around 27-29 isn't too bad. I just want to work and progress in my career before I get married. I want to travel and spend time with my sibling, live care free.

I'm also worried about if I do get married where will we live etc and it will be hard to get a mortgage. So in that sense it's better for me to get married later. My parents don't want me to get marrried at least till I'm like 25/26.
Reply 42
Original post by claireestelle
We probably have very different ideas of what it means to live comfortably:tongue:

Haha that's true, I'm scared about paying bills and mortgage especially after watching Can't Pay? We'll take it away." I'm just extra cautious now I guess.

My Mum got married at the 20 and she doesn't regret it but she feels like she missed out on things. She doesn't want me and my siblings going through the same thing 😕 .. My Dad got married at 25 which I think is a reasonable age lol!
Original post by hamza772000
Realistically, it's true though, isn't it? :tongue:

Haha yeah, it is :tongue:
Original post by Andy98
Probably be about 80 by the time I can afford it:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha fair enough :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll be emotionally ready sooner than I'll be financially ready. I expect maybe it could happen mid twenties? Or maybe sooner. It's hard to say.

I think that I'd be happy to do it after university sometime when I've moved out. But it depends if I get asked haha.
Reply 45
Reply 46
23-25
So I want to have a Masters by the time I'm 24 and I want to take a gap year of just travelling around the time.. So I think I'd want to be about 27 when I marry and then after 29 start having children.

A year and a bit ago I would've said I wanted to marry at 24 or something. Now I want to avoid marriage until I turn 27 :colondollar:
30-35

She'd have to be around 18-20 herself though.
Ideally no later than 25 :smile:
wanna say 25 but itll be more like 28 :frown:
Whenever the right person comes along. I already have a child but would like to have three more by the time I'm 30 :-)
Ideally anytime after 27, but before 31.
the never age sounds good to me
At the point in which financial security is necessary. Until then there are more important things I'd want to spend the money on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Original post by PandaCalavera
I'll be emotionally ready sooner than I'll be financially ready. I expect maybe it could happen mid twenties? Or maybe sooner. It's hard to say.

I think that I'd be happy to do it after university sometime when I've moved out. But it depends if I get asked haha.

Around mid 20's is okay I guess, I want to get married at 28 :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
So I want to have a Masters by the time I'm 24 and I want to take a gap year of just travelling around the time.. So I think I'd want to be about 27 when I marry and then after 29 start having children.

A year and a bit ago I would've said I wanted to marry at 24 or something. Now I want to avoid marriage until I turn 27 :colondollar:

😂😂 I personally feel 24 is too young to get married. I want to get my degree, masters, work, travel and live care free until marriage kicks in.
18 i have arranged marriage in india lol
Reply 58
Original post by yshaholgake123
18 i have arranged marriage in india lol

😂😂😂

I hope you're joking, for your sake!

My parents would never make me marry a freshy hahahahaha
Reply 59
Original post by cupcakes87
wanna say 25 but itll be more like 28 :frown:

Same, I want to get married at 28. 25 isn't too bad I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending