The Student Room Group

Is it "unmanly" not to do ONS?

I'm a guy and all the guys I know would want to do ONS. They make fun of me when I say I wouldn't want to do it and make it seem like I'm not man enough.

I just can't have sex with a girl unless I'm comfortable with her and like her. I will not enjoy it (I've had it with girls I knew but did not have an emotional connection with before and I couldn't perform as well. I want to know her well and be really into her to enjoy it.).

Is it so important that the guy has casual sex in order to be "accepted" by other men? do girls also think you're not "manly" unless you sleep around?
stop hanging out w wastemen
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a guy and all the guys I know would want to do ONS. They make fun of me when I say I wouldn't want to do it and make it seem like I'm not man enough.

I just can't have sex with a girl unless I'm comfortable with her and like her. I will not enjoy it (I've had it with girls I knew but did not have an emotional connection with before and I couldn't perform as well. I want to know her well and be really into her to enjoy it.).

Is it so important that the guy has casual sex in order to be "accepted" by other men? do girls also think you're not "manly" unless you sleep around?

It's pretty immature for anyone to have that view so I wouldn't worry about it.
Reply 3
Original post by PrinceHarrys
stop hanging out w wastemen

I know but I don't have a choice on this (or I do but it's not something I'd do -- to dump them). They've been my friends for such a long time (ever since we were kids), I don't want to avoid hanging out with them merely because of their views on sex.
tbh the manliest option is to wait until you are married to the young lady.
Reply 5
Original post by the bear

Hilarious.

I agree:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
do girls also think you're not "manly" unless you sleep around?

simple, stay away from these girls :holmes:
If anything you're more manly and a better person than them as your not using girls for sex!
If you don't feel comfortable with it, then do it. And if these guys make fun of you, threats their problem for being so immature and sex crazed! You're better than that and know that it's best to wait for a proper relationship!
ONS never seem to end well and like you, I couldn't perform with someone I wasn't emotionally attached to. I'd need to have a strong relationship going first before I could even think of it.
So ignore what the other guys say and wait for the right girl to come along and then you'll have the greatest relationship of your life!

Hope this helps!

How old are you? Girls don't think you're not "manly", I had a few ONS/casual flings before and it's generally viewed negatively by all genders now that I'm a bit older.
Reply 10
Yes, it does make you unmanly.

It's not that simple or straightforward

But primarily, the answer is yes
I know but I don't have a choice on this (or I do but it's not something I'd do -- to dump them). They've been my friends for such a long time (ever since we were kids), I don't want to avoid hanging out with them merely because of their views on sex.

just ignore them then
You should do what you want, nobody cares, but you sound pretty effete.
Original post by FireFreezer77
If anything you're more manly and a better person than them as your not using girls for sex!
If you don't feel comfortable with it, then do it. And if these guys make fun of you, threats their problem for being so immature and sex crazed! You're better than that and know that it's best to wait for a proper relationship!
ONS never seem to end well and like you, I couldn't perform with someone I wasn't emotionally attached to. I'd need to have a strong relationship going first before I could even think of it.
So ignore what the other guys say and wait for the right girl to come along and then you'll have the greatest relationship of your life!

Hope this helps!

>Implying women don't enjoy sex

It's retarded that guys make assumptions about what women want based on Britain's puritanical culture and then pretend that people who don't conform to your expectations don't exist.
Original post by Horny Hafiz

It's retarded that guys make assumptions about what women want based on Britain's puritanical culture and then pretend that people who don't conform to your expectations don't exist.

Nobody implied women don't enjoy sex. I enjoy sex when it's with a girl I care about.
Original post by Horny Hafiz

I didn't though.

I'm not retarded I think you'll find!
I never mentioned women in the friggin post!
All I said is that I dont like ONS and don't think they're a good idea.
So yeah stop making things up and run along to your hiding hole!

Very romantic :gasp:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending