The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James.Carnell
And the quadruple, even Pep knows.

https://twitter.com/yourmcfc/status/777627338875994112

(I don't even like City, I just have a big love for Pep, Pep is love)

What a guy!
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Yeah. I said this ages ago back in 2014. He looks his best when the team offensively are terrible. In 13/14 e.g. and in 09/10, two of his better seasons he had been playing in clearly weakened teams offensively.

Anyway this is probably going to spiral the longer he's playing that midfield setup. A big problem for him the calendar year of 2015 was his midfield setup and it's the same here.

Exactly that. We have never been successful when Rooney has been at his best (or the player that is doing the most in terms of stats).

I just don't understand man. We're shoehorning Rooney into midfield, because of reasons. He doesn't play well there and we have other midfielders on the bench and outside of the squad. Why does he get to play almost every game?

Original post by Gob Bluth
Playing devils advocate though but Liverpool have been spending pretty big for years. I get what you're saying but now you're throwing money at things doesn't make you great again. Definite justified question marks about selection but you got a team you wanted to see on Thursday to a degree with no Rooney and it resulted in a loss anyway.

I watched Chelsea and City throw money at a problem and improve. I watch us throw money at a problem and get worse. Yeah, that is also why this is so concerning. Thursday was closer to what I wanted to see and we still didn't look good.

Original post by zKlown
1 week so far

One week and three losses in a row. We look no better than anything we have shown over the last three years. Are you not concerned? Even after what looked like a pretty fantastic transfer window.

Also, my posts aren't attempting to say Mourinho out or anything crazy like that. It's still early, but we're looking bad. We've lost three in a row and not looked like winning. Things do not look good.
(edited 7 years ago)
When we got Mourinho I thought we had a manager who wasn't afraid to make big decisions and finally deal with the ever present problem that is Rooney but just like the others he seems afraid to make the big calls.

Anyone saying Mourinho out at this stage is obviously crazy but we've had the same problem for the past 5 games and he hasn't done anything about it. Supposedly a manager who adapts.
Original post by Rk2k14
When we got Mourinho I thought we had a manager who wasn't afraid to make big decisions and finally deal with the ever present problem that is Rooney but just like the others he seems afraid to make the big calls.

Anyone saying Mourinho out at this stage is obviously crazy but we've had the same problem for the past 5 games and he hasn't done anything about it. Supposedly a manager who adapts.

Mourinho is still a pragmatist who needs his dressing room to love him and do anything for him at any cost. Rooney is obviously a vocal leader in that dressing room so Mourinho couldn't push him out/upset him without fixing other issues first.

Guardiola is the manager who isn't afraid of making big decisions in his pursuit of ideals (see Joe Hart).
Fellaini is not a DM. Rooney should be benched. Pogba cannot play in a 2.

Everybody with the slightest bit of football knowledge knows these 3 things, yet the so-called best manager in the world keeps making the same mistake.

Anybody that keeps making the same mistake has to be dropped/sacked/sold.
Mourinho dropped casillas, nothing to worry about lads. Anyways, soon he'll really **** up so even the pundits will be against him.
If Mourinho doesn't work out, who would you like to see come in afterwards?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3367
Original post by IamJacksContempt

Rooney, player manager :P
Reply 3368
Original post by Dirtybit
Mourinho dropped casillas, nothing to worry about lads. Anyways, soon he'll really **** up so even the pundits will be against him.

Casillas dropping was because of dressing room issues... he was leaking news to the media and mourinho used his poor form as an excuse, same for pepe.

The second Rooney starts to go against mourinhos orders hes out. Rooney knows what to do to stay in the team
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3369
Original post by Rk2k14

Lol he aint dropping him. He loves Rooney.
Original post by IamJacksContempt

Next manager (Mourinho wont work out, deal with it) needs to be someone young, with big ideas, a broad knowledge of tactics and how to implement them effectively, someone who will bring through youth and develop them into better players regularly, someone who is going to take responsibility for his actions when called for, I dont really seehaving managed a 'big' club before as neccesary.

Do I think the cutrent board have the ability to find and appoint a manager like that, not at all and so the whole thing is a little bit pointless.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Casillas dropping was because of dressing room issues... he was leaking news to the media and mourinho used his poor form as an excuse, same for pepe.

The second Rooney starts to go against mourinhos orders hes out. Rooney knows what to do to stay in the team

No source of iker doing **** except mourinho's conspiracy. Given how paranoid mou is, I wouldn't trust it.
If Mourinho does get sacked or leaves after his contract expires I'd like to see Ancelotti.
Original post by Rk2k14
If Mourinho does get sacked or leaves after his contract expires I'd like to see Ancelotti.

Giggs
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Giggs

+1
Tuchel
me
It's far too early to call him out.. but I certainly don't see why some things have not changed.

Looking at Feynoord, many players wanting to make an impression on the team not even pushing up with Rashford. When we did press we got the ball many times and started to create more chances. I don't know if it's a tactic Mourinho tries and doesn't work out so he tries to go to something that works later in the game because we seem to just pick up later in the game recently. I don't see why some big names aren't dropped, he says that some can't handle the pressure of Man Utd or something like that but I sure hope that doesn't mean he's afraid to drop them..

Pogba was dropped at the Euros, performed admirably afterwards, Martial is clearly not on the ball atm, Mkhitaryan needs to play in the middle as he's said, how can we comment on him and say he's played badly when we've only seen sub appearances (in which he always played very well) and a game where he played poorly but literally just got back from an injury and thought he would not make the game.

Wouldn't mind seeing Rashford and Lingard on the wings, or Mata. Mkhi in the middle with Morgan CDM beside Ander or Bas (ik he won't bring him into the side but I wish he would), Shaw, Darmian (although I don't think Valencia has been too bad as people have been saying), Smalling and Bailly may need a little time as Smalling is used to playing at RCB where Bailly is and they need to form some chemistry, not sure if there's a language barrier tbh. If they can't do so then Blind surely needs to come in to calm things down as Bailly and Blind played well up til the derby.

Drop de Gea for Romero. Sorted. Jks jks but if he starts with the same team and they don't press and they all look like they're playing in 5 positions at once then.. :angry:

Latest