The Student Room Group

Most overrated films

Scroll to see replies

Ghostbusters, the 2016 remake.

Awful garbage that got overhyped due to 'we must include more female leads' propaganda, and by Sony's desire to push reboots. Reviews are far too generous for what it is.

Bad acting, terrible script, and the desperation to appeal to fans of the older ones. Shallow and stupid by nearly every point of view. Leslie Jones is just a really bad actress.
(edited 7 years ago)
Pretty much every Marvel movie ever made.
Original post by moggis
It's the most overrated movie I have ever known without a shadow of a doubt.

I automatically knock 4 points off my estimate of a persons IQ if they think this is a great film.

(That may not seem much but, to put it in context,reading the Sun is just -2,voting -3,being left wing -3,supporting Chelsea or Man Utd -4 and doing the lottery -5.)

You knock points of you IQ estimate of someone if they vote... well I guess that tells me everything about you I need to know =P

Btw, quite like the Shawshank Redemption. Not my favourite movie but will watch it when it's on.
Original post by Fango_Jett
Ghostbusters, the 2016 remake.

Awful garbage that got overhyped due to 'we must include more female leads' propaganda, and by Sony's desire to push reboots. Reviews are far too generous for what it is.

Bad acting, terrible script, and the desperation to appeal to fans of the older ones. Shallow and stupid by nearly every point of view. Leslie Jones is just a really bad actress.

Overrated and overhyped? This thing got torn apart for the arbitrary all-female cast and god-awful promotion (the first official trailer is literally the most disliked movie trailer on YouTube and one of the most disliked videos of all time), and reaction to the film upon release was decidedly mediocre- it didn't even have the decency to be amusingly bad. I don't think this film overly anticipated or overly enjoyed by anybody outside of tumblr, it was a meh film with terrible marketing and if anything garnered more attention than such a bland film deserved.
Forrest Gump for sure, tried watching it multiple times but still failing to see what's so amazing about it
Batman VS Superman.. Found it to be a massive let down.

I also don't think the new Independence day movie was any good or that Suicide Squad was anywhere near as good as the trailer hype suggested.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Recently Deadpool, thought it was crap.
Boyhood for me. A boring 3 hour film where the protagonist is a bit of a knob and only got recognition for being shot over 12 years
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Recently Deadpool, thought it was crap.

All marvel movies are overhyped rubbish

Posted from TSR Mobile
I couldn't keep my eyes open whilst watching the Godfather... :s-smilie:
Stranger things bored me so much ( I know it's a TV show, but there was no thread for that )
Original post by stefano865
Agree with Gosford Park and The Wolf of Wall Street.

Also imo...

The Hurt Locker
Skyfall

:wink:

NO!
Original post by Joel 96
Yes and yes.

People try to redeem it by saying it jumps out of the typical superhero cliche, but I didn't see anything different about it. I found it boring and tasteless.

Interesting. I also dislike most recent superhero movies. Just a boring, rehashed story, with a lot of over the top action.

But The Dark Knight is one of my favorite films ever. I have hardly had a film I saw in cinema last so long and I was never bored.
Original post by Iheartsirringo
I know I'm wrong, but Apocalypse now. I so wanted to like it as it's by a brilliant director and I love Marlon Brando and Heart of Darkness too, but I found it so so dull. I did watch the Redux version though - it was about three hours long :/

Totally agree. I saw the Redux version, too, and thought it was a complete pile of ****. So boring af.
Original post by nerdling_CompSci
All marvel movies are overhyped rubbish

Posted from TSR Mobile

True that,
Honestly, I think a lot of Disney films are overrated and not very good. There's a few I like, but most I've always found to be boring. Even the good ones just get way too much attention. The way people talk about them, you'd think they were the best films ever made. Also, Harry Potter films - especially the ones at the beginning. I couldn't watch them without feeling bored, and a lot of the acting in the first ones was kinda bad
Reply 136
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
How can you make such a dull film with such a good lineup of actors?
Original post by Onde
Of recent time, maybe There Will Be Blood and No Country For Old Men.

The second one yea it was a bit boring because it dragged on but it was pretty cool.

The first one yes! Complete garbage of a film.
50 Shades of Grey
Reply 139
pitch perfect 2 what a disappointment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending