The Student Room Group

funding in Cambridge colleges

Which Cambridge college is the best for getting financial support? I am an overseas student and applying for Mathematics. I hope I can make a place in Cambridge but funding is the main issue. I know that Trinity gives more support to students than any other college but it's very hard to get in there. So I want to know which college would be better for me to get some scholarship?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by asif144
Which Cambridge college is the best for getting financial support? I am an overseas student and applying for Mathematics. I hope I can make a place in Cambridge but funding is the biggest issue. I know that Trinity gives more support to students than any other college but it's very hard to get in there. So I want to know which college would be better for me to get some scholarship?

I've moved your thread to the Cambridge forum :smile:

Funding is difficult (and extremely competitive - i.e. there are a limited number of awards) for overseas undergraduates at any college. If you have identified a particular funding opportunity at Trinity, and you like the college, then apply there. All colleges are hard to get into, and the pooling system tries to ensure applicants who are "good enough" for Cambridge will still find a place if their original college can't.

Have you looked at
http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/international-students/financial-support

Also you should research philanthropists or educational charities targeting your home country.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by asif144
Which Cambridge college is the best for getting financial support? I am an overseas student and applying for Mathematics. I hope I can make a place in Cambridge but funding is the biggest issue. I know that Trinity gives more support to students than any other college but it's very hard to get in there. So I want to know which college would be better for me to get some scholarship?

Are you from the EU by any chance as that would make a difference? Good luck
Reply 3
Original post by 210555
Are you from the EU by any chance as that would make a difference? Good luck

No,I am from Bangladesh.
Original post by asif144
No,I am from Bangladesh.

Financial support for international students on undergraduate course is not really great, I'm afraid.
They're quite limited and selective. There's a small differences between colleges but it is not so significant. Afaik.
Have you searched for any possibility in your country about scholarships the government or other organisation give to their students who want to study overseas? Sometime that's easier to get and more generous.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending