The Student Room Group

Big Four Applications 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MMMhhhhhh
PWC have opened their Deals scheme (1 September), but they have already taken some down. Remember looking at some positions on the 1st and the were gone on the 4th.

interesting - on their site it still shows the 2015 application deadlines, cant imagine they completed the entire 2017 grad intake in 4 days?
Original post by baxter_94
interesting - on their site it still shows the 2015 application deadlines, cant imagine they completed the entire 2017 grad intake in 4 days?

Oh, I'm not saying they aren't recruiting anymore - a quick look at their job page indicates there's still a bunch open for 2017. I just ment to say that the deal schemes have been open since 1 September and they fill up fast.
Has anyone done a PwC phone interview?*

Would you mind sharing any of the questions they asked.*
I am trying to apply for the year in industry scheme.

Do I need to send a CV / Cover letter or do they expect just the application form? On one page it says no CV required but others have told me they have sent in a CV???

Plus, I've heard the online tests are the hardest part. Anyone know where I can revise for them?

Thanks again.
have kpmg already closed applications for the consulting vacation scheme??
Anyone else been to a PwC assessment centre yet? I had mine on Wednesday. I *think* it went OK but obviously the main issue is that the competition is incredibly fierce and they can afford to reject all but the best of the best.Really hope I can make it through as once you're through to the partner interview, all the testing and assessments of your ability are over and done with - and you just have one fairly 'traditional' interview to focus on.
Original post by Matthew7
Anyone else been to a PwC assessment centre yet? I had mine on Wednesday. I *think* it went OK but obviously the main issue is that the competition is incredibly fierce and they can afford to reject all but the best of the best.Really hope I can make it through as once you're through to the partner interview, all the testing and assessments of your ability are over and done with - and you just have one fairly 'traditional' interview to focus on.

Don't worry, as long as you think you did well....you should be through
Original post by chignesh10
Don't worry, as long as you think you did well....you should be through

Thanks for the encouragement! I hope I'm not wrong but surely the longer they take to get back to you (within reason), the better your chances at least ought to be you'd think? I'm basing that on the idea that if you've made it through they have to fit you in for the next stage, whereas if you've failed they can give you a quick rejection email/phone call and clear that up nice and quickly.I mean, surely it isn't in their interest to 1) have their HR phone lines jammed up by people ringing in and asking if they've been accepted, when that could all be avoided by letting those that failed know they've failed as quickly as possible and 2) kinda make the firm look a little unnecessarily *****y by leaving people hanging for ages before delivering the bad news. Surely? I hope I'm right!I mean if you've failed on the tests for instance then that's just a matter of HR popping your answer sheet into a computer and if it's simply a case of 'computer says no' then why not quickly put that candidate out of their misery ASAP? I just can't fathom how that wouldn't be in the interest of all those concerned.At the AC they said they'd ring everyone to give individual feedback so that's going to be a hell of a nervous call when it comes.
Anyone have any advice as to how long EY results take? Sat the tests on Thursday.
Thanks for the encouragement! I hope I'm not wrong but surely the longer they take to get back to you (within reason), the better your chances at least ought to be you'd think? I'm basing that on the idea that if you've made it through they have to fit you in for the next stage, whereas if you've failed they can give you a quick rejection email/phone call and clear that up nice and quickly.I mean, surely it isn't in their interest to 1) have their HR phone lines jammed up by people ringing in and asking if they've been accepted, when that could all be avoided by letting those that failed know they've failed as quickly as possible and 2) kinda make the firm look a little unnecessarily *****y by leaving people hanging for ages before delivering the bad news. Surely? I hope I'm right!I mean if you've failed on the tests for instance then that's just a matter of HR popping your answer sheet into a computer and if it's simply a case of 'computer says no' then why not quickly put that candidate out of their misery ASAP? I just can't fathom how that wouldn't be in the interest of all those concerned.At the AC they said they'd ring everyone to give individual feedback so that's going to be a hell of a nervous call when it comes.

Hahaha man, don't worry honestly. will be all fine. You should hear back on Friday most probably! Don't worry man, all will be good as long as you passed the numerical and verbal and wrote a conclusion for the written task and talked in the group discussion.*
Original post by josh_v
I found their numerical test awful. Loads of questions, all quite difficult, all fairly poorly worded.

Anyone done EY numerical tests? *

Just did the KPMG numerical test and I found it awful too. Trying to understand exactly what it is they're asking was a lot harder than the practice tests led me to believe. Even though I'm doing a maths degree I barely managed to answer half the questions (with a couple of guesses thrown in). Damn.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by hodgey111
Anyone have any advice as to how long EY results take? Sat the tests on Thursday.

I sat mine on friday, still waiting as well!*
Original post by Mechanical1
Just did the KPMG numerical test and I found it awful too. Trying to understand exactly what it is they're asking was a lot harder than the practice tests led me to believe. Even though I'm doing a maths degree I barely managed to answer half the questions (with a couple of guesses thrown in). Damn.

Yeah. Im not sure what they're expecting. My masters degree was in financial mathematics and risk, generally do quite well on most numerical tests. Good accuracy but don't always get to the end. KPMG was terrible and I wasn't surprised that I didn't get any further.**
Reply 133
Any1 know what would be a good enough time to pass the EY verbal???
Through to the partner interview! Apparently I'll be told in 1-2 weeks when this is but its likely to be in around a month's time from now (according to the recruitment lady on the phone)
Through to the partner interview! Apparently I'll be told in 1-2 weeks when this is but its likely to be in around a month's time from now (according to the recruitment lady on the phone)

Told you bro :biggrin:. Which office you applying to?

Who is this for?
Original post by hodgey111
Who is this for?

PwC
Original post by chignesh10
Told you bro :biggrin:. Which office you applying to?

Thanks for the best wishes mate! Assurance - London April '17
PwC

Congrats.

Has anyone else passed all of the Deloitte tests and currently awaiting a date for their interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending