The Student Room Group

How can I get nice handwriting???

I don't like it and I think my notes are ugly:frown:. My handwriting is not awful but it isn't good its in the middle :/

Scroll to see replies

You're going to hate me for this, but perhaps just take your time when writing notes. I was once forced to take handwriting classes and as soon as I'd finished my handwriting reverted to what it was previously. Personally, I no longer join my letters and I've made my letters a lot larger, which I've found has helped a lot. Perhaps try that.
Practice and fully for the letters. I think a fountain pen makes your handwriting look nicer as well.
best advice is to go onto instagram / tumblr / google or whatever and type in 'handwriting sample'. find one that you like and take just a few letters and incorporate them into your handwriting. practise a lot, try to find a pen that compliments your writing (ie - i prefer gel over ballpoint because it makes my butt-small writing neater) and make sure you're holding the pen in a way that feels comfortable !! :^)
Original post by SuperHuman98
I don't like it and I think my notes are ugly:frown:. My handwriting is not awful but it isn't good its in the middle :/

Step 1: Be a girl

Once you do this, well done, you got nice handwriting now.
Original post by LogicalFallacy
You're going to hate me for this, but perhaps just take your time when writing notes. I was once forced to take handwriting classes and as soon as I'd finished my handwriting reverted to what it was previously. Personally, I no longer join my letters and I've made my letters a lot larger, which I've found has helped a lot. Perhaps try that.

Original post by RDKGames

Original post by renphobia
best advice is to go onto instagram / tumblr / google or whatever and type in 'handwriting sample'. find one that you like and take just a few letters and incorporate them into your handwriting. practise a lot, try to find a pen that compliments your writing (ie - i prefer gel over ballpoint because it makes my butt-small writing neater) and make sure you're holding the pen in a way that feels comfortable !! :^)

Original post by 999tigger
Practice and fully for the letters. I think a fountain pen makes your handwriting look nicer as well.

Thanks for the advice! :smile:
@SuperHuman98 Writing neatly is a habit you develop at primary school age. But don't worry, it's not too late to change. Start by joining up your letters, then try to write each letter the same size.
Original post by honour
@SuperHuman98 Writing neatly is a habit you develop at primary school age. But don't worry, it's not too late to change. Start by joining up your letters, then try to write each letter the same size.

I always join my letter, but i am trying to improve now. When I think about improving while writing my writing seems to look a bit better :smile:
I just spent some of my spare time practicing my writing, after a while it improved. Just take your time and dont get frustrated if it doesn't look neat first time. Practice makes perfect. :smile:
Original post by SuperHuman98
I always join my letter, but i am trying to improve now. When I think about improving while writing my writing seems to look a bit better :smile:

If you already join up your letters then that sound pretty good to me... do you want the cursive handwriting?
Original post by honour
If you already join up your letters then that sound pretty good to me... do you want the cursive handwriting?

that would be nice but first I just want my writing to be neat
Original post by RDKGames

Awkward moment when you're a girl and your handwriting is completely illegible :colondollar:
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Awkward moment when you're a girl and your handwriting is completely illegible :colondollar:

Whoa, okay, are you sure you're a girl??? Have you checked??
Doesn't really matter tbh, if you can read it its fine
Reply 14
I tend to make a conscious effort to print (well, I'm not sure if this is the word, it might imply block capitals, I can't remember - essentially, just not join up the letters) if I want it to look better. Also if you have any problem letters, try adjusting to make them more normal. In my primary they taught us some really bizarre ways of doing certain letters, especially the capitals, that stuck with me and nobody could read them so I had to change. My writing is awful in general but whatever lol.
I also find my handwriting looks neater when I don't join up my letters. I only join onto the next letter if it comes naturally like an a going onto an l. But say for a c going onto an o, I won't bother 'cos it'll just look messy.
Spend the first six years of your education in France.
Original post by BexiiLouise
I just spent some of my spare time practicing my writing, after a while it improved. Just take your time and dont get frustrated if it doesn't look neat first time. Practice makes perfect. :smile:

I read your name as Brexit Lose facepals
Original post by asinghj
I read your name as Brexit Lose facepals

haha a little random :P
wasteman

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest