The Student Room Group

EU protection racket threatens to kneecap England

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ckfeister
Tariffs at 4%
Pound has dropped 10.68% to Euro.

Its still going to be cheaper, what you talking about? We have 0 trade deals with USA, China yet we are increasing in ratio of 2:1 comparing to Euro area??? Free trade deals mean nothing, that 42% won't go to 0% over it, if its overall cheaper MORE people will buy. Common sense.

Its not just about tariffs ist about being able to do business and having to comply with regulations. We wont eb allowed to passpor financial services for instance. If you hadnt noticed they are rather important to the economy.

Yes it makes our goods cheaper, but he reverse is it makes everuone elses more expensive including raw materials, which brings in inflation. Lol@ you and common sense you manage to make them allergic to each other. Its cool if you dont wnat access to the single market then deal with the consequences. many businesses do and will relocate to ensure they have it.
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
I didn't want to make the font size TOO small, ya know...

But I'm gay, family don't care that I am and they are pro-brexit family.
Original post by Big, Thick Wali
and yet you call us racists...

Yup. If you think what I said before constitutes racism, you need to buy a dictionary, son.
Yup. If you think what I said before constitutes racism, you need to buy a dictionary, son.

Yup, and now you're a nation full of round-headed, yellow teethed, alcoholic inbreds

I'm not sure if you have a bad memory or you're just a liar.
Original post by 999tigger
Its not just about tariffs ist about being able to do business and having to comply with regulations. We wont eb allowed to passpor financial services for instance. If you hadnt noticed they are rather important to the economy.

Yes it makes our goods cheaper, but he reverse is it makes everuone elses more expensive including raw materials, which brings in inflation. Lol@ you and common sense you manage to make them allergic to each other. Its cool if you dont wnat access to the single market then deal with the consequences. many businesses do and will relocate to ensure they have it.

Yes we would, like I said tariffs still make UK goods OUTSIDE of single market cheaper, UK won't dramatically lose London as a international city, what about the rest of the world? Regulations of EU for EU yes, but outside different, not obeying EU law. I also know financial service sector is a huge part, and always will be.
Are brexiters uneducated, homophobic, nationalist, imperialist, traditional working class, anti-europe or anti-EU?

In my experience Remainers are often (not always, but usually) desperately insecure lower-middle class people who think that being pro-EU confers on them a sophistication and worldliness they lack and will never possess. Most of them are Little Europeans who have never travelled anywhere that requires you to get a visa or visa waiver.

My most intelligent friends, the ones that got 1st-class honours at Oxford, work at the chancery bar, can speak fluent medieval German and regularly travel to the far east..., they all voted Leave.
We invented punishment. They can jog on.
I'm not sure if you have a bad memory or you're just a liar.

Your whole argument collapses already when one considers that Brits are not a race.
Original post by AlexanderHam
In my experience Remainers are often (not always, but usually) desperately insecure lower-middle class people who think that being pro-EU confers on them a sophistication and worldliness they lack and will never possess. Most of them are Little Europeans who have never travelled anywhere that requires you to get a visa or visa waiver.

My most intelligent friends, the ones that got 1st-class honours at Oxford, work at the chancery bar, can speak fluent medieval German and regularly travel to the far east..., they all voted Leave.

:claps:
spot on:clap:
Yes we would, like I said tariffs still make UK goods OUTSIDE of single market cheaper, UK won't dramatically lose London as a international city, what about the rest of the world? Regulations of EU for EU yes, but outside different, not obeying EU law. I also know financial service sector is a huge part, and always will be.

Im talking about services. They wont be within the single market, which is what passporting is all about and why they wont be able to sell services there. Taroffs wont ake UK goods cheaper, the whole point of them is to impose an additional burden to make the item more expensive.
Your whole argument collapses already when one considers that Brits are not a race.

Race is a social construct based on perceived notions of groupings rather than an objective scientific classification ergo racism covers hatred of ethnoreligious groups and nationalities, you have outed yourself as just a common racist. Perhaps the AFD will take you in.

Interesting, given this:

'According to the polls, university graduates were the most likely people to want to remain in the EU - while those with a GCSE or equivalent as their highest qualification were more likely to back Brexit.'
(http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/eu-referendum-how-the-results-compare-to-the-uks-educated-old-an/)

'Turns out that average levels of education of the people in a region correlate quite strongly with their Brexit leanings. People in areas where many residents have college degrees were far more likely to vote “Remain,” particularly in central London, where more than two-thirds of the city population has a bachelor’s degree.'
(http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2016/06/brexit-vote-statistics-united-kingdom-european-union/488780/)

Maybe you are just using your highly anecdotal and ultimately irrelevant observations to defame Remain voters? Yeah, I think that is what you're doing.

I find this interesting, the most ridiculously well accomplished people I've ever met, generally did vote leave, I voted remain, but I respect democracy and the TitanticTwitPhil is definitely fulfilling this stereotype of a sneering middle class crybaby.
Original post by Mistletoe
We invented punishment. They can jog on.

Amen brother - I propose flooding them with as many refugees as possible (After we have fortified our glorious Calais giant wall)
(edited 7 years ago)
Race is a social construct based on perceived notions of groupings rather than an objective scientific classification ergo racism covers hatred of ethnoreligious groups and nationalities,

Wrong. Try again.
(edited 7 years ago)
Do you not read what I said? Its good because we can get leave single market all together. I'm not pro-single market/EU.

Why is that good?
Sounds like a sore Brexiter thread.
Wrong.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/race-is-a-social-construct-scientists-argue/

Knock yourself out old man.

That is what you did with your 'leave' vote, thank you very much.

I voted remain, but without doubt the remain voters are the most badly behaved sore losers I've ever seen.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Amen brother - I propose flooding them with as many refugees as possible (After we have fortified our glorious Calais giant wall)

A wall for me, but not for thee, the Aryan must be enriched

#OpenTheFloodGates :sly:

Ditto!

'In biology, races are genetically distinct populations within the same species; they typically have relatively minor morphological and genetic differences.'
(http://www.livescience.com/33903-difference-race-ethnicity.html)

What you mean is ethnicity.

Ah, feels good to be schooled by a foreigner on the English language, no? Want to switch to German? Oh, wait, Britain is dead last in Europe in second language fluency. Pity.

Quick Reply