The Student Room Group

Do I need previous experience for Italian A level?

Hi there!
I'm currently reviewing all my choices for A level, and as someone interested in languages I noticed Italian was a relatively popular option in my area. However, naturally I have had no previous experience in Italian, hence the question - is it possible to go straight into Italian A level without having studied the language before?
Thanks
Not easy - unless you speak Spanish - that would help. I live in Spain. All my son's friends are Spanish. He is bilingual. However, in his year only 5 out of 30, including my son, got an A* at A2 in Spanish - and they all live here! An mfl is not an easy option at AS/A2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Antonia Jane
Not easy - unless you speak Spanish - that would help. I live in Spain. All my son's friends are Spanish. He is bilingual. However, in his year only 5 out of 30, including my son, got an A* at A2 in Spanish - and they all live here! An mfl is not an easy option at AS/A2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your response! I am taking Spanish for GCSE and A level too when I can, I'm glad to hear that could help. I'm also curious as to whether I would actually be admitted without any previous experience. I'm willing to work extra hard despite the difficulties, if necessary.
Original post by acousticewe
Thanks for your response! I am taking Spanish for GCSE and A level too when I can, I'm glad to hear that could help. I'm also curious as to whether I would actually be admitted without any previous experience. I'm willing to work extra hard despite the difficulties, if necessary.

My son is doing A level French - however, only those that had done it at GCSE could take it to AS or A2. You will have to ask your school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest