The Student Room Group

Which title to use?

So I've recently attended a maths seminar at Sapienza University of Rome, and I'd like to mention one lecture I particularly liked in my PS. I'm not sure if to give the name of the lecturer as "Professor x" or "Assistant Professor x", something else, or nothing at all. Her official title is "Assistant Professor", but the phrase "the lecture by Assistant Professor x" doesn't sound particularly nice to me. Any advice?
Reply 1
Assuming you are writing a PS in the uk with the 4000 character limit I think you'll soon get rid of details why not just say "after attending a lecture in [insert university here] I learnt ... this gave me ect."
Reply 2
Original post by Jehaan
Assuming you are writing a PS in the uk with the 4000 character limit I think you'll soon get rid of details why not just say "after attending a lecture in [insert university here] I learnt ... this gave me ect."

It's just that a guy from my school who's starting at Cambridge this October told me to include the name of the lecturer.
Reply 3
Original post by Jehaan
ect."

It's etc (et cetera) FWIW :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Mimir

Thanks honestly PS&UCAS is making me go crazy. It is because every time I used to write ETC it reminds me of electron transport chain
Original post by Mimir

I can think of a few lecturers who would like to administer electro-convulsive therapy and a few students who would benefit from it. :colone:
Reply 6
Original post by nulli tertius
I can think of a few lecturers who would like to administer electro-convulsive therapy and a few students who would benefit from it. :colone:

THIS

Quick Reply

Latest