The Student Room Group

Who do I ask in school for a spare copy of an exam paper?

I need a maths past paper from the summer series of 2016 but ccea have not yet uploaded the paper onto their past paper section yet. Do I ask my maths teacher for a copy? Or do I ask my exam's officer? And how do I get the Mark scheme? If I email ccea will they email me one back because I doubt the school will have a Mark scheme.
Reply 1
You could ask your exams officer as they will have access to them, however you may find that they won't give it to you as many teachers will use the most recent papers for your mocks and won't want you having access. This is why they're not available online.
Original post by adz234
I need a maths past paper from the summer series of 2016 but ccea have not yet uploaded the paper onto their past paper section yet. Do I ask my maths teacher for a copy? Or do I ask my exam's officer? And how do I get the Mark scheme? If I email ccea will they email me one back because I doubt the school will have a Mark scheme.

Try and search for it online otherwise ask your maths teacher. The exam's officer usually doesn't deal with issues like these.
Reply 3
Original post by Turquoise01
Try and search for it online otherwise ask your maths teacher. The exam's officer usually doesn't deal with issues like these.

Teachers don't have access to the papers unless the exams officer gives it to them. They and the mark schemes are restricted access and ONLY the exams officer will have access.
Reply 4
Whether you will be given or not, there is no harm in asking. If you do not ask, you will not know. Ask your teacher first. If you do not get any positive feedback, then, you ask the exams officer.
we do not have yet textbooks for Year 10, what to do?
We asked the teacher and she doesn't know if and when we will receive. She allowed us to make photos of the homework from her book. In science too. How to revise? Really confused. Help!
Probably your subject teacher or the examinations officer. :smile:
Original post by Clemm101
Teachers don't have access to the papers unless the exams officer gives it to them. They and the mark schemes are restricted access and ONLY the exams officer will have access.

Wrong - once the papers are sat the spares are given to the department. Most exam boards also have a teacher only area of the exam board where we can download recent papers and mark schemes.
Reply 8
Original post by Muttley79
Wrong - once the papers are sat the spares are given to the department. Most exam boards also have a teacher only area of the exam board where we can download recent papers and mark schemes.

Who do you suppose gives those papers to the teachers? Yes, they have logins but they can only access some past papers, not the most recent ones, or their mark schemes. Trust me, I know these things, I'm an exams officer.
Who do you suppose gives those papers to the teachers? Yes, they have logins but they can only access some past papers, not the most recent ones, or their mark schemes. Trust me, I know these things, I'm an exams officer.

I'm a teacher so I know I can access the 2016 papers and I've downloaded them, the examiners report and the mark scheme. The logins are supplied directly to teachers by the subject leaders in the exam boards.
Then your exams officer has allowed you that access :wink: I don't give it to the teachers at my school - they're careless creatures.
Do you mean for CCEA or another exam board? Is there anyway I can get an account so I can get past papers instantly after the exam?
No, to my knowledge the only way to get the most recent papers and mark schemes is through your exams officer. Apparently some teachers may also have access :wink: You will need to ask at school.
No, to my knowledge the only way to get the most recent papers and mark schemes is through your exams officer. Apparently some teachers may also have access :wink: You will need to ask at school.

So the school also get Mark schemes? I didn't realise this I thought they only got the actual papers.
Yes, they can be downloaded from the secure section of the website.

Quick Reply

Latest