The Student Room Group

Hospital pharmacy Pre-registration Applications (Pharmalife) 2017/2018

Scroll to see replies

I thought all hospitals support tier 2 visa, why the south east and London are asking for right to work documents? :frown:
Original post by Farmacee
Hi, this is a Pre Registration Pharmacy forum. Please use the following forum to discuss MPharm applications: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3375959
Or you could perhaps consider creating your own

Yeah but anyone can just reply because we're applying for the same thing it's just a question..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes

How is everyone preparing for TLC ? And it's 2 stations so will that be 2 face to face stations do you think ?
Original post by goal101
Yeah but anyone can just reply because we're applying for the same thing it's just a question..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you're slightly confused.
P.S this forum won't be relevant for you as pharmalife will cease to exist next year.
Original post by Polly6783
How is everyone preparing for TLC ? And it's 2 stations so will that be 2 face to face stations do you think ?

I think so, with station 2 being more OSCE based
Original post by goal101
Is pharmacy work experience essential ? Will they look down on you if u haven't done it

Hello dear. I would advice you look at the recruitment process in Scotland, it will give you an idea of what to expect from next year. Going by how its done there, you just need employers to put you on their preference list. Then you'll be ranked according to how well you perform at a national assessment. Some people get put on preference lists if they simply visit open days. I think South East and TLC are doing a trial of the process that will be rolled out nationally next year. If you have anymore questions, feel free to pm me x
I think you're slightly confused.
P.S this forum won't be relevant for you as pharmalife will cease to exist next year.

Sorry? Please explain

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by neldee95
Hello dear. I would advice you look at the recruitment process in Scotland, it will give you an idea of what to expect from next year. Going by how its done there, you just need employers to put you on their preference list. Then you'll be ranked according to how well you perform at a national assessment. Some people get put on preference lists if they simply visit open days. I think South East and TLC are doing a trial of the process that will be rolled out nationally next year. If you have anymore questions, feel free to pm me x

Thankyou so much for your response I'll definitely pm You :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 768
Original post by Wingbbbbbb2
I thought all hospitals support tier 2 visa, why the south east and London are asking for right to work documents? :frown:

i thought so too. I emailed them straight away but haven't got a reply yet.
Original post by cm123
i thought so too. I emailed them straight away but haven't got a reply yet.

I'm so confused, what's the point of going into the interview if they aren't going to offer oversea students placements anyway. Would you mind to let me know when they reply? I'm sure they would have received tons of emails about it though lol
Hi guys, to those who have an interview this week for both TLC and South East; do you reckon the interviewers would ask "why this region" when the outcome will go towards both regions? In other words, would you not disadvantage yourself if you express why you clearly like one region over the other? Hope this makes sense =/
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 771
I'm so confused, what's the point of going into the interview if they aren't going to offer oversea students placements anyway. Would you mind to let me know when they reply? I'm sure they would have received tons of emails about it though lol

sure. Will do. I was well confused when I saw their list. I thought it was all equal opportunity and all. I'm spending over 100 pounds for this bloody interview which includes train ticket and the fact that i have to stay a night over. If NOW they tell me they would have never given a tier 2 visa, I am gonna flip ****.
Original post by cm123
sure. Will do. I was well confused when I saw their list. I thought it was all equal opportunity and all. I'm spending over 100 pounds for this bloody interview which includes train ticket and the fact that i have to stay a night over. If NOW they tell me they would have never given a tier 2 visa, I am gonna flip ****.

My understanding of it all is that hospitals have a limited number of tier 2 visas that they can sponsor and unfortunately many go to the nurses who are in short supply in hospitals. I think some hospitals are more inclined to sponsor pharmacists, but I am not sure which hospitals those are.
Original post by goal101
Sorry? Please explain

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not a pharmacy student yet are you?
You're not a pharmacy student yet are you?

Yeah but it's just a question sorry !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone had their interviews today? Plymouth or Wales
Original post by cm123

Haha, same!
Original post by pharma17
My understanding of it all is that hospitals have a limited number of tier 2 visas that they can sponsor and unfortunately many go to the nurses who are in short supply in hospitals. I think some hospitals are more inclined to sponsor pharmacists, but I am not sure which hospitals those are.

I think we are categorised as unrestricted application which clearly said on pharmalife, so there is no limit on the number of visa issued by the hospitals... I hope I'm correct :biggrin:
Did any of you apply to GSK? Have you heard back from them?
(I know this may be the wrong place to ask this but I cba to look for a different thread right now!)
Reply 779
I think we are categorised as unrestricted application which clearly said on pharmalife, so there is no limit on the number of visa issued by the hospitals... I hope I'm correct :biggrin:

they said just bring your passport+visa.

Also, i think it would be naive of us to assume that there isn't a "limit" on the number of visas they can issue. Its all about budgeting I suppose

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending