The Student Room Group

3 or 4 A levels for Oxford law?

So I got AAAA in my AS in English lit, History, French and Maths all in the 90%+ area respectively. I am certain that I would get an A*A*A*A* prediction if i kept all 4 subjects, but would it give me an edge in an Oxford application over a A*A*A* prediction?
Reply 1
Yes. What did you get in your GCSEs?
Reply 2
Original post by BULL14
Yes. What did you get in your GCSEs?

11A* in Full Course subjects. An additional A*A in short course subjects. Do you think I can afford to drop a subject and still be as competitive as one with 4 predictions?
Reply 3
Original post by academia153
11A* in Full Course subjects. An additional A*A in short course subjects. Do you think I can afford to drop a subject and still be as competitive as one with 4 predictions?

If you think you can get 4A*s in all your A-Levels - why not keep all four? What is your reason for dropping your fourth subject?
Reply 4
Original post by BULL14
If you think you can get 4A*s in all your A-Levels - why not keep all four? What is your reason for dropping your fourth subject?

4A*s look more impressive but also I feel I may be slightly stressed with 4 all year. I was thinking of dropping Maths as it's so different from my others and will take quite a bit of work. I think I am capable of doing 4 but my life would be a lot easier with 3.
Original post by academia153
So I got AAAA in my AS in English lit, History, French and Maths all in the 90%+ area respectively. I am certain that I would get an A*A*A*A* prediction if i kept all 4 subjects, but would it give me an edge in an Oxford application over a A*A*A* prediction?

are you going to Oxford
if you feel stressed with it, do 3, with an AS in the dropped subject. thats what im doing anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest