The Student Room Group

How hard is the new a level biology spec? (AQA)

I started year 12 and I chose biology as one of my a levels. I've heard stories from so many people of how hard biology at a level is and I'm so scared. I got a B at GCSE science so I highly doubt I will get A*/A at a level. My aim is a B at least. Has anyone does the new spec and did you find it hard and how were the exams? Also, does anyone have any tips on how to maintain a B throughout and get good grades. I'm super stressed and I can't stop thinking about biology a level everyday because I'm scared of failing.Another thing is that everyone in my class are super clever at science and I'm the only dumb one so if I don't understand anything I'm scared to ask for help.

Ps. I want to go into psychology or nursing.
Original post by rdlewiss
I started year 12 and I chose biology as one of my a levels. I've heard stories from so many people of how hard biology at a level is and I'm so scared. I got a B at GCSE science so I highly doubt I will get A*/A at a level. My aim is a B at least. Has anyone does the new spec and did you find it hard and how were the exams? Also, does anyone have any tips on how to maintain a B throughout and get good grades. I'm super stressed and I can't stop thinking about biology a level everyday because I'm scared of failing.Another thing is that everyone in my class are super clever at science and I'm the only dumb one so if I don't understand anything I'm scared to ask for help.

Ps. I want to go into psychology or nursing.

In my perspective the A-level itself is not hard it's how the exams are marked. If you don't use keywords or put something in a certain way you can lose out massively on marks.

Just my experience wo far though idk how the overall opinion is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
In my perspective the A-level itself is not hard it's how the exams are marked. If you don't use keywords or put something in a certain way you can lose out massively on marks.

Just my experience wo far though idk how the overall opinion is

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I agree, alot of how science work questions!

Quick Reply

Latest