The Student Room Group

Ocr computer science help

i need some study resources for ocr computer science we are currently learning python 3.3 programming language and i dont know where to revise it from. i am extremely confused please help.
Original post by Bukalemun123
x

I liked codecademy for python :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123
I liked codecademy for python :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i am using codecademy but am not sure which syntax they're teaching, 3.3 or whatever. :frown:
i need some study resources for ocr computer science we are currently learning python 3.3 programming language and i dont know where to revise it from. i am extremely confused please help.

This was me last year... bloody OCR...:redface:
i am using codecademy but am not sure which syntax they're teaching, 3.3 or whatever. :frown:

Ohh fair enough. I think it's 2.8 (that's the number that comes to mind for some reason, I don't actually know). It is useful in general though as it has all the basic syntax rules and methods

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123
Ohh fair enough. I think it's 2.8 (that's the number that comes to mind for some reason, I don't actually know). It is useful in general though as it has all the basic syntax rules and methods

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much! :smile:
Thank you very much! :smile:

No worries :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sunshine774
This was me last year... bloody OCR...:redface:

so, did you pass the subject? if so, what study sources can you suggest?
i would be sooooo happy if you replied :smile:
Reply 8

Do 25% of codeacademy (so you learn the basics) then move onto https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/index.html :smile: good luck!!!!
Original post by iHammmy
Do 25% of codeacademy (so you learn the basics) then move onto https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/index.html :smile: good luck!!!!

you made my day :smile: thank you very much :smile:
so, did you pass the subject? if so, what study sources can you suggest?
i would be sooooo happy if you replied :smile:

Luckily, I got a B which for me is not an amazing grade, however I found it so hard I expected to get a D/E:redface: For the theory I watched youtube videos which helped a LOT, and I am very lucky because for my CA's I had amazing teachers! They helped me a lot and with python I just had to practice loads at home and stay a lot after school to make sure it finally clicked. Lol I felt so stupid:s-smilie:
Also use codeacademy which is good, and buy a python programming book off amazon so you can self- teach and practice by yourself at home, it will really help you! Best of luck!x:biggrin:
Luckily, I got a B which for me is not an amazing grade, however I found it so hard I expected to get a D/E:redface: For the theory I watched youtube videos which helped a LOT, and I am very lucky because for my CA's I had amazing teachers! They helped me a lot and with python I just had to practice loads at home and stay a lot after school to make sure it finally clicked. Lol I felt so stupid:s-smilie:
Also use codeacademy which is good, and buy a python programming book off amazon so you can self- teach and practice by yourself at home, it will really help you! Best of luck!x:biggrin:

i will check amazon right now :biggrin: thank you very much :smile:
Reply 12
you made my day :smile: thank you very much :smile:

You're welcome :smile:

As @sunshine774 said, it's best just to keep practicing Python over and over again. There are plenty of videos on YouTube if you prefer to learn visually, but I just followed that link I gave you before (https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/index.html) although that might seem intimidating at first.

If you are an absolute beginner, i'd recommend following these tips;

You are going to be extremely confused at the beginning. You will get confused with the syntax and another things, but don't give up.

You will go through phases of excitement and probably get ahead of yourself, but try to keep learning at the same pace and make sure everything is sinking in.

Keep practing what you have learnt. Don't just read how to do something then never come back to it. I find it easiest to learn Python by doing small projects (lots can be found on the internet).

Another great learning source are these Python cheat sheets. They contain some more advanced stuff, but the first few pages will be fine for refering to.

If you ever need something to be explained, just PM me or reply to this :smile:

Good luck :biggrin:
Original post by iHammmy
You're welcome :smile:

As @sunshine774 said, it's best just to keep practicing Python over and over again. There are plenty of videos on YouTube if you prefer to learn visually, but I just followed that link I gave you before (https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/index.html) although that might seem intimidating at first.

If you are an absolute beginner, i'd recommend following these tips;

You are going to be extremely confused at the beginning. You will get confused with the syntax and another things, but don't give up.

You will go through phases of excitement and probably get ahead of yourself, but try to keep learning at the same pace and make sure everything is sinking in.

Keep practing what you have learnt. Don't just read how to do something then never come back to it. I find it easiest to learn Python by doing small projects (lots can be found on the internet).

Another great learning source are these Python cheat sheets. They contain some more advanced stuff, but the first few pages will be fine for refering to.

If you ever need something to be explained, just PM me or reply to this :smile:

Good luck :biggrin:

omg :smile: thank you for being so helpful
i will check amazon right now :biggrin: thank you very much :smile:

It's OK, I'm sure you will do really well!:wink:
It's OK, I'm sure you will do really well!:wink:

I hope so :s-smilie:
I hope so :s-smilie:

Don't worry! I know this sounds really cheesy, but you have to believe in yourself!:smile: Just don't be like me and procrastinate so much that you realise your exam is in 2 hours and you haven't done any revision...:redface:

Seriously though you will be fine- you have time on your side so utilise it properly!:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending