The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_JoKeR
I'm screwed on both lmao

Me too. I think I'll only do relatively well in the language papers. Well good luck if we don't see eachother again :smile:
Original post by kat.e
I do aqa German too and I find memorise really helps for learning the vocab ( there's an aqua German GCSE vocab course) because you can do it whenever in short sessions. Have you started the coursework?

is that the massive 17 week list book of vocab u do cuz I am doing that too! It's so difficult to learn one entire page in one week. I have done all of the year 10 coursework too and am on to the year 11 coursework which I need to learn off by heart by the 2nd week of November :frown: ...
Original post by choc.chip.cookie
So is that either Macbeth or An Inspector Calls?

Macbeth is Shakespeare and not modern. An inspector calls is the modern text

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 643
Hi, I'm @Daito
I hope I'm not too late:colondollar:
I'm an air cadet and I'm interested in reading, philosphy, economics and maths.
I'm currently taking:
History(edexcel)
Computer science(WJEC) German(AQA)
Further maths(OCR)
Maths(AQA)
English Language(WJEC)
English literature(AQA)
Biology(OCR Gateway)
Chemistry(OCR Gateway) Physics(OCR Gateway)
I'm honestly not to sure about the new GCSEs though, my english was decent in mocks in year 9/10 but the recent pixl club exam papers really didn't go so well even though I want a 7 at least. That aside I think I feel ready enough for year 11.
My favourite subject is probably german, and I have no idea what I want to do in the future:s-smilie:
Reply 644
Quote of the week:
Wake up with determination and go to bed with satisfaction.
Original post by pinkypaz123
Me too. I think I'll only do relatively well in the language papers. Well good luck if we don't see eachother again :smile:

You too lol we'll both be needing it I reckon.
Original post by JTran38
Quote of the week:
Wake up with determination and go to bed with satisfaction.

I can barely wake up, let alone with determination

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just wondering if anyone's doing OCR modern world history? And if anyone has done/is doing their coursework?
This gets a hell lot scarier day by dayy :frown:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 649
Original post by bimball
Just wondering if anyone's doing OCR modern world history? And if anyone has done/is doing their coursework?

Yeah I'm just starting mine at the moment! What's yours on? I'm doing Malcom X and MLK
Original post by bimball

We're starting ours at the moment, just doing the background research. There's 4 different topics the teacher can choose for the coursework, which one are you doing? We're doing The politics in Germany from 1918-1923 one.
Original post by lexren
Yeah I'm just starting mine at the moment! What's yours on? I'm doing Malcom X and MLK

Same as @JTran38. We're doing this unit as our depth study, so if you want any help, then just shout :smile:
Original post by Lemur14
We're starting ours at the moment, just doing the background research. There's 4 different topics the teacher can choose for the coursework, which one are you doing? We're doing The politics in Germany from 1918-1923 one.

I am also doing this one! My question is 'Why did Germany suffer a period of political disorder in the years 1918-1923?'
How are you finding the question?(If you're doing the same one) I'm personally not finding it too bad, I start my first planning lesson tomorrow having already finished research over the summer, I'm just slightly worried as to structure my essay and make it as good as possible as i am really hoping for an A/A* ( I never seem to do as well in coursework as i do in tests:/)
Original post by bimball
I am also doing this one! My question is 'Why did Germany suffer a period of political disorder in the years 1918-1923?'
How are you finding the question?(If you're doing the same one) I'm personally not finding it too bad, I start my first planning lesson tomorrow having already finished research over the summer, I'm just slightly worried as to structure my essay and make it as good as possible as i am really hoping for an A/A* ( I never seem to do as well in coursework as i do in tests:/)

Yep that's the same question as me. We haven't really done much research yet, we've literally researched key dates around that time lol. We have a double tomorrow where hopefully our teacher is back and we can make some progress (We've only had 2 hours with her so far due to various different things happening at school).
I can't really say how I'm finding the question because of how littke we've done, but I'm happy with the topic so that's a good start though I'd rather talk about economic instability than political disorder.
I wouldn't worry about how to structure your answer as I'm sure you will be guided through it, and if nothing ekse, all it is is a massive sclaed up 10 marker. You'll need plenty of points amd evidence but I'm sure you've already researched that :smile:
I'm hoping for an A/A* as well, if nothing ekse but to pull up my exam grade, because I akways run out of time:frown: I ideally want all As/A*s plus the B I already have so I really need to work for that in history in particular.
What other units are you doing?
I'm doing
International Relations: The interwar years 1919-1939 (which is actually really helpful for this coursework:smile:)
USA:Land of the free? 1945-1975
and British depth study 1890-1914 (I think that's the years anyway, lol)
Reply 653
Ah History coursework. Makes me feel like my hands are gonna bloody drop off.
Hello.Is there anyone who started revising in September (start of year 11) and got all A*'s?
Is anyone doing AQA History A and is doing or has done their controlled assessment on the Tatton mansion and the Egertons?
Sorry for posting again but is it possible the self learn maths? We don't have an actual maths teacher and we are learning nothing so I was wondering if I could teach it to myself. Would I have enough time?
Reply 657
Sorry for posting again but is it possible the self learn maths? We don't have an actual maths teacher and we are learning nothing so I was wondering if I could teach it to myself. Would I have enough time?

Yes it's possible and if you want some help I recommend @Lemur14 and @_gcx but ofc others would happily help. :biggrin:

of course, maths is one of the easiest to do yourself thankfully

just go through the textbook, and from then it's just past paper after past paper, and you should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 659
Original post by lexren

If you need some help feel free to pop in a PM. :biggrin:

Latest