The Student Room Group

This is what i'd do if I'd win the 2016 USA elections.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ThenextPresident
I would make the USA an atheist utopia.
I'd immediately outlaw ALL religions for eternity.
I'd change the motto of the USA from "In god we trust" to " In reason and science we trust".
All "houses of worship" and religious schools will be closed and instead of them libraries with free scientific books will be built.
All religious "holy" books will be outlawed.
All religious clothing,foods,artifacts will be be outlawed.
All holydays ( including christmas )will be outlawed.
Evolution will be a compulsory subjects in all schools and all universities
All cemeteries will be closed and made into parks, and all dead bodies will be burned to ashes.
All funds that prior went to religion and religious causes will be instead directed to scientific research and technological development.

87% of Americans identify themself as belonging to a religious group. How exactly will you (A) deal with 277.4 million rioting citizens, (B) Get elected when 87 percent are guaranteed to oppose your views, and (C) Get a primarily religious congress to approve your wild ideas?
I'd change the motto of the USA from "In god we trust" to " In reason and science we trust".
All "houses of worship" and religious schools will be closed and instead of them libraries with free scientific books will be built.
All cemeteries will be closed and made into parks, and all dead bodies will be burned to ashes.
All funds that prior went to religion and religious causes will be instead directed to scientific research and technological development.

Agree 80%. Id love to see this happen but the religious people will go off on some kind of crazy crusade...
Original post by 1010marina
Agree 80%. Id love to see this happen but the religious people will go off on some kind of crazy crusade...

With what don't you agree?.
Original post by ToussJ
87% of Americans identify themself as belonging to a religious group. How exactly will you (A) deal with 277.4 million rioting citizens, (B) Get elected when 87 percent are guaranteed to oppose your views, and (C) Get a primarily religious congress to approve your wild ideas?

There are many hidden atheists in America that are ashamer to tell their christian families.
Reply 24
lol you would be out of a job quicktime. politics isnt driven by leadership or convictions of the leader but the inclinations of the people in democracies.
With what don't you agree?.

I agree with it I just don't think it could ever be practically implemented. There'd be riots on the streets in the us!
Original post by 1010marina
I agree with it I just don't think it could ever be practically implemented. There'd be riots on the streets in the us!

You said agree 80%.
Original post by Pulse.
lol you would be out of a job quicktime. politics isnt driven by leadership or convictions of the leader but the inclinations of the people in democracies.

Yes, but sometimes the leader knows better than the ignorant majority.
You said agree 80%.

I agree with the ideas themselves just don't think they're particularly practical and would be quite hard to enforce etc. That's why 80%
I would finally liberate the American mind and spirit from the tyranny of the false religious beliefs.
I'd make the USA an atheist paradise.

you can't exactly ban a religion, you know?
Original post by Rhaenys10
you can't exactly ban a religion, you know?

Why not?.
Why not?.

because it's a belief
because it's a belief

Yes, but you can outlaw the practice of it.
Yes, but you can outlaw the practice of it.

the nazis slaughtered slaughtered so many jews that you'd think judaism wouldn't be a thing now, and guess what? it still is. bigger and stronger than ever
the nazis slaughtered slaughtered so many jews that you'd think judaism wouldn't be a thing now, and guess what? it still is. bigger and stronger than ever

You are right but the nazis did not focus on religion, they focused on race.

They hardly talked about the judaism , and many of them were devout christians.
You are right but the nazis did not focus on religion, they focused on race.

They hardly talked about the judaism , and many of them were devout christians.

yeah but the religious thing was still there
anyway
Christianity was banned too at some points in history and this didn't make it go away, even with all the torture and stuff
if you ever attempted to ban religion, you'd probably get shot in the head
Long live the new atheist leader of the USA.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 39
I'd make the USA an atheist paradise.

Because as we all know, paradise is often based on the notion that people should not be free to believe what they want...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending