The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ksj.11
Not asians, just muslims/pakistanis.. ive never heard of a chinese or an indian doing that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indians (speaking from a Sikhs perspective), Sikhs aren't allowed to marry cousins or anyone closely or farly related to them. It's the same for Hindus aswell I think.
Original post by sophia.f
I personally think the best solution for you is that you can ask your parents to look for another boy for you, if your ready to get married? This will help you to move on and start afresh. You can just say that your not comfortable in marrying your cousin and you can say it doesn't feel right....Hope this helps! Good luck and let me know what they says :smile: x

She's a lesbian...
Original post by JustAisha134
ilahi mafisamawati wama fil ardh wa ina tabdu mafii unfusikum ow tujfu wo yu7asibukum binillah faya3furi lima yasha'a wayo3adubu min shaa'a wallahu 3alaa kulii shay'in qadaru

It was hard to write in english, sorry for the mistakes

Many mistakes :lol: Good attempt by a fake nub.

Lillahi ma fis-samawati wa ma fil ardh, wa in tubdu ma fi anfusikum aw tukhfuhu yuhasibkum bihillah. Fayaghfiru limay yashaa wa yu'adhibu may yashaa. Wallahu 'ala kulli shayin qadir(un).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ishax
Indians (speaking from a Sikhs perspective), Sikhs aren't allowed to marry cousins or anyone closely or farly related to them. It's the same for Hindus aswell I think.

Is there a hukum from Guru Gobind Singh or any of the other Gurus about this though or is this presumption?
Original post by Zamestaneh
Is there a hukum from Guru Gobind Singh or any of the other Gurus about this though or is this presumption?

It's not a presumption, we're not allowed to at all but I don't see why anyone would want to marry their own cousin anyway.
Original post by Ishax
It's not a presumption, we're not allowed to at all but I don't see why anyone would want to marry their own cousin anyway.

Can you show where in the Guru Granth or the Dasam Granth or any hukum by the Gurus where it is prohibited please.
look at op name defo troll leave muslims alone fs
Can you show where in the Guru Granth or the Dasam Granth or any hukum by the Gurus where it is prohibited please.

There's a thing called Google. Plus I think it's called common sense why anyone would want to marry their own cousun. By cousin marriages you'll also end up with disabled children and bad health. Read other people's posts on page 1 etc.

Last time I'm responding to you. In future, stop quoting me like I've told you before. I'm trying to be nice.
Original post by Ishax
There's a thing called Google. Plus I think it's called common sense why anyone would want to marry their own cousun. By cousin marriages you'll also end up with disabled children and bad health. Read other people's posts on page 1 etc.

Last time I'm responding to you. In future, stop quoting me like I've told you before. I'm trying to be nice.

I will Google myself, but I wanted to know if you were even aware yourself because by the sounds of it you are making presumptions and talking from your own moral views/Punjabi cultural norms as opposed to what Sikhism actually teaches. Common sense is not an answer if you are claiming "Sikhs aren't allowed to do XYZ".

You should stop making claims without knowledge if you don't want me to quote you lol.
I will Google myself, but I wanted to know if you were even aware yourself because by the sounds of it you are making presumptions and talking from your own moral views/Punjabi cultural norms as opposed to what Sikhism actually teaches. Common sense is not an answer if you are claiming "Sikhs aren't allowed to do XYZ".

You should stop making claims without knowledge if you don't want me to quote you lol.

How am I making claims, I'm talking about my own religion that I follow? I responded to someone comment. It's what I've been brought up with and been following for the past 21 years. I should know what I'm allowed to do and not to do. One thing I'm definitely not allowed to do is marry my cousin, were not that desperate 😂😂😂😂

I certainly don't need you to teach me about my religion. Considering, there are Muslim threads literally everyday on this forum.

You're getting very offended, I'm feeling quite sorry for you now.

Cry me a river, sob sob. Freak lol.

Get a life!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ishax
How am I making claims, I'm talking about my own religion that I follow? I responded to someone comment. It's what I've been brought up with and been following for the past 21 years. I should know what I'm allowed to do and not to do. One thing I'm definitely not allowed to do is marry my cousin, were not that desperate 😂😂😂😂

I certainly don't need you to teach me about my religion. Considering, there are Muslim threads literally everyday on this forum.

You're getting very offended, I'm feeling quite sorry for you now.

Cry me a river, sob sob. Freak lol.

Get a life!

"Sikhs aren't allowed to marry cousins or anyone closely or farly related to them" is a claim. All I have asked you to do is to tell me where I can find the hukum for this claim. I am not just trying to establish whether Sikhi prohibits cousin marriages, but I am establishing if you even know what you are talking about; at the moment you are speaking without evidence, which implies you are dressing up moral rules you grew up with to be Sikh teaching.

Btw my initial reading into this topic suggests there is no hukum on the topic, rather only being down to cultural practices and subjective morals, with even some Sikhs marrying their cousins, so I am curious where you got that idea that Sikhs are not allowed to marry their cousins if not from your own cultural rules (rather than religion).

Perhaps you do need me to teach you because you are inventing hukums based on your own beliefs rather than what the Gurus taught.

I am not getting offended, rather just amused by your awkwardness and attacking straw men (like Muslim threads on the forum somehow linking to the Sikh hukum for not marrying cousins?).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TelAviv
Marrying cousins is just messed up!No wonder certain demographics have much higher proportion of disabled children...
shalom
"Sikhs aren't allowed to marry cousins or anyone closely or farly related to them" is a claim. All I have asked you to do is to tell me where I can find the hukum for this claim. I am not just trying to establish whether Sikhi prohibits cousin marriages, but I am establishing if you even know what you are taking about; at the moment you are speaking without evidence, which implies you are dressing up moral rules you grew up with to be Sikh teaching.

Btw my initial reading into this topic suggests there is no hukum on the topic, rather only being down to cultural practices and subjective morals, with even some Sikhs marrying their cousins, so I am curious where you got that idea that Sikhs are not allowed to marry their cousins if not from your own cultural rules (rather than religion).

Perhaps you do need me to teach you because you are inventing hukums based on your own beliefs rather than what the Gurus taught.

I am not getting offended, rather just amused by your awkwardness and attacking straw men (like Muslim threads on the forum somehow linking to the Sikh hukum for not marrying cousins?).

Hahahahahaha
Original post by Ishax
Hahahahahaha

Either you are a troll or simply don't know enough to argue back...
Either you are a troll or simply don't know enough to argue back...

I've said this before, I don't care for your essays. I came here to state MY opinion and frankly, I don't care about your existence let alone opinions/views.

Hence, get a life! :smile:
Don't marry your cousin. That's absolutely disgusting and really weird, honestly. And don't marry someone you don't want to marry.
so they want you to marry your lesbian cousin...?
Original post by Ishax
I've said this before, I don't care for your essays. I came here to state MY opinion and frankly, I don't care about your existence let alone opinions/views.

Hence, get a life! :smile:

Got plenty of lives spare (because of reincarnation) apparently :wink:
Original post by sleepysnooze
so they want you to marry your lesbian cousin...?
no, read the op ffs
Many mistakes :lol: Good attempt by a fake nub.Lillahi ma fis-samawati wa ma fil ardh, wa in tubdu ma fi anfusikum aw tukhfuhu yuhasibkum bihillah. Fayaghfiru limay yashaa wa yu'adhibu may yashaa. Wallahu 'ala kulli shayin qadir(un).
not everybody is a troll though, i'm sure i'll pass the test :P

Latest

Trending

Trending