The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

How accessible is Heriot-Watt?

Can any current HW students tell me how easy to reach the university is from the rest of Edinburgh?

It seems like it's some distance out of town on the other side of a bypass and i'm wondering if it's easy to reach for students who don't live on-campus.
Original post by Untrue
Can any current HW students tell me how easy to reach the university is from the rest of Edinburgh?

It seems like it's some distance out of town on the other side of a bypass and i'm wondering if it's easy to reach for students who don't live on-campus.

Hi there,

I'm not a student but I do work at Heriot-Watt. Most of our students stay on the west side of the city. A bus from Haymarket will take you about 30 minutes depending on what time of day you are travelling. If you are staying at the east side of the city you will have to fight your way through the city centre traffic (not impossible but does add a bit of time on to your commute).

There is a bus on campus every 5 minutes during peak times so if you miss one you are not waiting too long on the next one.

Hope this helps,
Keir :smile:
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
Reply 2
Do you know what happens on open days?

It seems like the best way to get there is a bus from Haymarket, but obviously on an open day everybody will be doing that so I wonder if all the buses will end up being full...
Original post by Untrue
Do you know what happens on open days?

It seems like the best way to get there is a bus from Haymarket, but obviously on an open day everybody will be doing that so I wonder if all the buses will end up being full...

Best way is to get on a bus however I would be surprised if they are all full. As I said there is one every 5 minutes so you will be fine :smile:

Cheers,
Keir
Reply 4
Thanks for the replies. I am booked to go to the October 29th open day.
Original post by Untrue
Thanks for the replies. I am booked to go to the October 29th open day.

Oh that's the Saturday one so there wont be many current students on the bus. You will be totally fine :smile:

See you on the 29th!
Cheers,
Keir
Original post by Heriot-Watt University
Oh that's the Saturday one so there wont be many current students on the bus. You will be totally fine :smile:

See you on the 29th!
Cheers,
Keir

Hey can I ask how long the walk is from curriehill station to the Heriot Watt campus ? I'm gonna apply here and already know the train ride is 50 minutes from where I live. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RossB1702
Hey can I ask how long the walk is from curriehill station to the Heriot Watt campus ? I'm gonna apply here and already know the train ride is 50 minutes from where I live. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

It is about 20-30mins walk from Curriehill station however it is a country road so not all of it has footpaths for pedestrians.

Cheers,
Original post by Heriot-Watt University
Hi,

It is about 20-30mins walk from Curriehill station however it is a country road so not all of it has footpaths for pedestrians.

Cheers,

Okay thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest