The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PrinceOfTeddies
thanks!
"Please note that your application is in the process of being screened and is still under review. Given the large volumes and our dedication to screening every application, we’re not able to provide a timeline, but, once a decision is made regarding your candidacy, we will update you."

Yes, everyone got this email.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For BAML, on the question asking about 'please describe the function of the division you selected'.

Does this mean describe the whole of Corporate & Investment Banking (Corporate Banking, Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets, Investment Banking) or just Investment Banking as the Programme covers all three areas? Word count seems a little short to cover all three I thought...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PrinceOfTeddies
thanks!
"Please note that your application is in the process of being screened and is still under review. Given the large volumes and our dedication to screening every application, we’re not able to provide a timeline, but, once a decision is made regarding your candidacy, we will update you."

It literally says it in the email... "once a decision is made regarding your candidacy, we will update you" lol
Original post by mdc23
Actually I did not even received the TalentQ test invitation :biggrin:

Oh wow :frown: Do Citi screen before sending tests? I think so... I'm just waiting for my rejection email post interview lol
Original post by Deltasierra27
It literally says it in the email... "once a decision is made regarding your candidacy, we will update you" lol

Aye but I was wondering if better candidates received something else like a test etc

But fears are now allayed :smile:
Original post by oliverismonty
Got an invite to UBS AC for Trading on the 3rd October - decided to stop lurking in order to share

when was your telephone and when did they get back to you?
Original post by wjcd2016
when was your telephone and when did they get back to you?

My phone interview invite was sent out on the 12th September, had my interview on the 14th September, got invited for the AC on the 19th September, my AC is on the 3rd October.
My phone interview invite was sent out on the 12th September, had my interview on the 14th September, got invited for the AC on the 19th September, my AC is on the 3rd October.

okay, had mine couple weeks ago, said it would take them a few weeks to get back though so yours was very quick!
Original post by wjcd2016
okay, had mine couple weeks ago, said it would take them a few weeks to get back though so yours was very quick!

My interview was barely over 10 minutes as well - we just blitzed through the maths questions and ended the call. UBS Trading don't hang around it seems.

nice!! had my interview 2 weeks on thursday, and they said it'll take bout 2 weeks to hear back. hopefully I hear back and I get the AC which I'm guessing would be the same one.

Hopefully see you there haha
Has anyone applied to citi and has been unable to upload a cover letter, what did you do?
Original post by Commercial Paper
For BAML, on the question asking about 'please describe the function of the division you selected'.

Does this mean describe the whole of Corporate & Investment Banking (Corporate Banking, Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets, Investment Banking) or just Investment Banking as the Programme covers all three areas? Word count seems a little short to cover all three I thought...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I focused on ib but said they work with E/DCM - 200 words isnt enough for the whole question otherwise
Passed the Citi test. Looking forward to the rejection email because i'm not target. GG
Original post by alexjones1994
Passed the Citi test. Looking forward to the rejection email because i'm not target. GG

How long between app submission and test invitation bruh? I submitted last Monday and have only received **** like Secondary Education updates.. not sure if this is some hippy way of letting me down gently.

Why did you apply in the first place ?
Original post by Breakingbank
is that 2 working days or 2 days as in saturday?

2 days as in saturday
Original post by DaFrenchy
Why did you apply in the first place ?

Just so they can look at my score, admire it and realise that this semi target kid knocked the **** out of the target ****s so maybe they need to start to rethink their logic. Thats why Frenchy.
Original post by Turing
How long between app submission and test invitation bruh? I submitted last Monday and have only received **** like Secondary Education updates.. not sure if this is some hippy way of letting me down gently.

It was in my junk folder mate. I did the test yday morning.
Just so they can look at my score, admire it and realise that this semi target kid knocked the **** out of the target ****s so maybe they need to start to rethink their logic. Thats why Frenchy.

Waiting for the day I can say this and replace semi target with non-target :colonhash:

Probably wont happen though cause, you know, im a non-target

That sounds good, you'll end up getting through ;-)

Quick Reply

Latest