The Student Room Group

When should i start to revise?

i havent started yet, i was thinking maybe start this weekend? I'm doing bio chem maths by the way
anyone?
Whatever suits you best, buddy.
Reply 3
That really depends on you. I personally started revising 2 weeks before my exams and didn't really bother with revision during the year. Managed to get ACD at AS(physics/maths/chem) but I could do much better if I revised more. Now I regret it because looks like I will have to retake C1 and C2 since the unis I'm looking at require at least B in maths.
There's no point of revising now in my opinion. Firstly because you haven't covered that much material, and secondly you are very unlikely to remember it in 2-3 months time. I think March is a good time to start and that's what I'm planning to do before A-Levels.
Original post by RDKGames
Whatever suits you best, buddy.

haha thanks for the tip :smile:
Original post by jqb2903
That really depends on you. I personally started revising 2 weeks before my exams and didn't really bother with revision during the year. Managed to get ACD at AS(physics/maths/chem) but I could do much better if I revised more. Now I regret it because looks like I will have to retake C1 and C2 since the unis I'm looking at require at least B in maths.
There's no point of revising now in my opinion. Firstly because you haven't covered that much material, and secondly you are very unlikely to remember it in 2-3 months time. I think March is a good time to start and that's what I'm planning to do before A-Levels.

yeah you're right, this is just the second week I've been to school so yeah we definitely havent covered much, however i am finding some stuff harder so i was wondering whether i should go over stuff in good detail now so even if i do forget near the end i can just read a few pointers and get back on track. thanks for the helpful response :smile:
Reply 6
First round of revision in October just ensuring you understand everything, second in December and try to jump a bit ahead here by reading over what's coming up and gaining a basic understanding of it so you're prepared and don't fall behind, third in March then keep going over everything until exams
Original post by zayn008
First round of revision in October just ensuring you understand everything, second in December and try to jump a bit ahead here by reading over what's coming up and gaining a basic understanding of it so you're prepared and don't fall behind, third in March then keep going over everything until exams

ah nice plan, i also feel i should be properly concentrating on revision first in october to consolidate the stuff we went through so i don't fall behind :smile: i am also planning to read ahead as well. thanks so much

Quick Reply

Latest