The Student Room Group

Things have escalated help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emobambam
he probably is as nervous as you are.

I've realised the problem, the issue is I don't like online dating in general. I would rather meet a guy I like in person than on tinder or any other dating platform so I'll never be comfortable with this relationship.
Would it be awful of me if I just unmatched and blocked him?
Original post by Anonymous
I've realised the problem, the issue is I don't like online dating in general. I would rather meet a guy I like in person than on tinder or any other dating platform so I'll never be comfortable with this relationship.
Would it be awful of me if I just unmatched and blocked him?
I guess that depends on how close you two became. If you two were close then I think you owe him some consideration and respect and at least tell him how you feel. If you weren't very close to him then blow him off.
Giving no notice and not turning up to a date is well, a d*** move to be honest. Give him a message along the lines of-
'Hey, you know about the date, I just don't think it's right for me and I don't feel too comfortable about it, I'm so sorry'
'Hey, I've got a lot of things on my mind and I don't think I can go on this date'
'Hey, it was real pleasure talking to you, but I've changed my mind about the date, it's not you it's just I don't think it's right'
Just please don't straight up block him with no messages...then he'll have judgements about other girls too (that's if he is that type of guy)
Original post by ForcomeAnarchist
Giving no notice and not turning up to a date is well, a d*** move to be honest. Give him a message along the lines of-
'Hey, you know about the date, I just don't think it's right for me and I don't feel too comfortable about it, I'm so sorry'
'Hey, I've got a lot of things on my mind and I don't think I can go on this date'
'Hey, it was real pleasure talking to you, but I've changed my mind about the date, it's not you it's just I don't think it's right'
Just please don't straight up block him with no messages...then he'll have judgements about other girls too (that's if he is that type of guy)

Hi thanks for your reply. I cancelled the date and messaged him saying something had come up and I wasn't looking for anything right now as I'm so busy as well. Then I deleted him. However now I miss him and want to talk to him, I miss talking to him and I keep thinking about him.
Hi thanks for your reply. I cancelled the date and messaged him saying something had come up and I wasn't looking for anything right now as I'm so busy as well. Then I deleted him. However now I miss him and want to talk to him, I miss talking to him and I keep thinking about him.

Bloody hell, I thought my post was sent 5 days ago xD Found out it sent now :s-smilie:That was a very good choice !! Try something else other than dating apps or anything of that form (I think you're having one of those common feelings you get when you've disconnected yourself from someone) Twitter,Tumblr, basically a website/app you can be anonymous in, without them/you getting too 'attached' ... or spend time on Youtube if you don't have anything to be busy with. :smile:
Bloody hell, I thought my post was sent 5 days ago xD Found out it sent now :s-smilie:That was a very good choice !! Try something else other than dating apps or anything of that form (I think you're having one of those common feelings you get when you've disconnected yourself from someone) Twitter,Tumblr, basically a website/app you can be anonymous in, without them/you getting too 'attached' ... or spend time on Youtube if you don't have anything to be busy with. :smile:

But now I regret not going on the date as I keep thinking what if.. :frown:
But now I regret not going on the date as I keep thinking what if.. :frown:

In your own words 'I would rather meet a guy I like in person than on tinder or any other dating platform so I'll never be comfortable with this relationship' I think that what if questions seems a bit void :3
In your own words 'I would rather meet a guy I like in person than on tinder or any other dating platform so I'll never be comfortable with this relationship' I think that what if questions seems a bit void :3

I hate my personality, I can't ever trust my judgements. Just last week I thought I could think of nothing worse than going on a date with him and wanted to meet a guy in person not on tinder. Now I'm going mad with missing talking to him and staring into space thinking about him. I just keep thinking about what could have happened if I had seen him
I hate my personality, I can't ever trust my judgements. Just last week I thought I could think of nothing worse than going on a date with him and wanted to meet a guy in person not on tinder. Now I'm going mad with missing talking to him and staring into space thinking about him. I just keep thinking about what could have happened if I had seen him

Your personality is what makes you unique !! Are you sure you're missing him as an actual person or just his 'everyday' presence. I mean you chose the logical option where you're meeting a stranger you don't fully know :s-smilie: THERE IS A WHOLE WORLDDD OF PEOPLE OUT THERE DONT STRESS. Occupy your time with something different, these emotions will pass over.
Your personality is what makes you unique !! Are you sure you're missing him as an actual person or just his 'everyday' presence. I mean you chose the logical option where you're meeting a stranger you don't fully know :s-smilie: THERE IS A WHOLE WORLDDD OF PEOPLE OUT THERE DONT STRESS. Occupy your time with something different, these emotions will pass over.

Yea you're right I like the idea of him. I found his Twitter from a couple of years ago and started reading through that and from that I built up a perception of him same with his photos, j built up an idea of him from that but who knows what the real him is like
Yea you're right I like the idea of him. I found his Twitter from a couple of years ago and started reading through that and from that I built up a perception of him same with his photos, j built up an idea of him from that but who knows what the real him is like

BOOM !! I mean yes it's going to take time for you 'get over' him, but you will eventually. I personally would've gone with your logical option, meeting a 'stranger' does make me uneasy :biggrin:
BOOM !! I mean yes it's going to take time for you 'get over' him, but you will eventually. I personally would've gone with your logical option, meeting a 'stranger' does make me uneasy :biggrin:

Yeah last week it made me uneasy as well :/ now I wish I'd gone though just for the experience at least :/
Yeah last week it made me uneasy as well :/ now I wish I'd gone though just for the experience at least :/

Trust me, they'll be plenty of experiences !! I mean for all we know it could've gone really good or really bad :3 You could wait for the right guy to come a long and properly introduce himself instead of on a dating app if ygm.
Trust me, they'll be plenty of experiences !! I mean for all we know it could've gone really good or really bad :3 You could wait for the right guy to come a long and properly introduce himself instead of on a dating app if ygm.

Is it bad that I still wish I could see him? The idealist in me wishes I'll bump into him in our city and we'll get talking :frown: it'll never happen :frown:
Is it bad that I still wish I could see him? The idealist in me wishes I'll bump into him in our city and we'll get talking :frown: it'll never happen :frown:

Well hope never dies, but in true reality, It's unlikely to happen in such a fairy tale.And no it's not, again it's just the emotions after you've got 'rid' of him, these emotions will go away dw.
Well hope never dies, but in true reality, It's unlikely to happen in such a fairy tale.And no it's not, again it's just the emotions after you've got 'rid' of him, these emotions will go away dw.

Thanks :smile: talking to you about this has made me feel better and look at this situation more sanely. Earlier today I was planning on messaging him on Twitter (because I found his Twitter account). But now I'm glad I didn't do that
Thanks :smile: talking to you about this has made me feel better and look at this situation more sanely. Earlier today I was planning on messaging him on Twitter (because I found his Twitter account). But now I'm glad I didn't do that

Pffft :colondollar: But seriously, glad that I can somewhat help. Strong emotions can make you do things without clear perspectives, but I'm glad you've refrained from it. If you want to talk I'll be here most days LOL (I'm brand new on this)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending