The Student Room Group

Kissing at clubs advice?

Just started Uni and I've been going out every night so far. I'm 19, I seem to get a decent amount of stares during daytime and I pulled first night (excuse the arrogance), but then tonight I got bad vibes. Is it normal to have a night where people don't seem as game? Tonight was only about the 4th time I have ever been clubbing.

So yeah, is it normal to have bad nights where you just can't pull? Also what advice have you got which may help? Tonight I was only with two of my flatmates but they were both girls so I thought that would make my life easier?

Scroll to see replies

this is a joke right?
Reply 2
Original post by Rhaenys10
this is a joke right?

Thanks for the confidence boost.. I'm being serious :/
Original post by Anonymous
Just started Uni and I've been going out every night so far. I'm 19, I seem to get a decent amount of stares during daytime and I pulled first night (excuse the arrogance), but then tonight I got bad vibes. Is it normal to have a night where people don't seem as game? Tonight was only about the 4th time I have ever been clubbing.

So yeah, is it normal to have bad nights where you just can't pull? Also what advice have you got which may help? Tonight I was only with two of my flatmates but they were both girls so I thought that would make my life easier?

Iz u male or iz u female?
Can't quite understand the question here, what about kissing in clubs?

If this was someone I knew, or you weren't posting under anonymous, I would assume this to be a post boasting about your arrogance and pride. But alas, it is not. So I really am genuinely asking what is your question?
Reply 5
Original post by 0to100
Iz u male or iz u female?

male
Thanks for the confidence boost.. I'm being serious :/

for real man?
ur feeling sad cause you didn't bone someone on one night?
this is a joke right?

OP is the REAL alpha with the pulls! Perhaps you could learn a thing or two? :teehee:
Reply 8
Original post by Khanthebrit
Can't quite understand the question here, what about kissing in clubs?

If this was someone I knew, or you weren't posting under anonymous, I would assume this to be a post boasting about your arrogance and pride. But alas, it is not. So I really am genuinely asking what is your question?

Sorry I'm not boasting. I'm a really insecure guy and only got my first kiss the other day and the girl wasn't special I just wanted to get it out the way.

My question is.. Is it normal to have nights where you just can't seem to pull girls? I suffer from extreme perfectionism so not pulling tonight made me feel like ****.
Original post by RDKGames
OP is the REAL alpha with the pulls! Perhaps you could learn a thing or two? :teehee:

have you read his last comment?
he ain't no alpha
male

Well now I'm confused
because if you were female then I would see why you said the last bit about having girls with you and struggling to find someone. Because maybe you're outshined but being male, yea I don't get it, get some wingwomen.
for real man?

I know it sounds so stupid doesn't it! I probably seem like such an idiot, I'm just so insecure. So is it normal for people to struggle with pulling some times? I'm only asking because I lack experience and knowledge. If I know that it's not normal to pull nearly every time I go clubbing, I will be able to relax.
Original post by 0to100
Well now I'm confused
because if you were female then I would see why you said the last bit about having girls with you and struggling to find someone. Because maybe you're outshined but being male, yea I don't get it, get some wingwomen.

Yeah tbh they were s*** wingwomen.
I know it sounds so stupid doesn't it! I probably seem like such an idiot, I'm just so insecure. So is it normal for people to struggle with pulling some times? I'm only asking because I lack experience and knowledge. If I know that it's not normal to pull nearly every time I go clubbing, I will be able to relax.

it would be better if you didn't focus so much on pulling yo
i know it's freshers, but come on
don't be so desperate it's not a problem ffs
it would be better if you didn't focus so much on pulling yo
i know it's freshers, but come on
don't be so desperate it's not a problem ffs

I agree! At pres I think to myself that I'm just going to go and have fun but deep down my mind still seems set on pulling probably I want to prove to myself that I'm adequate?
have you read his last comment?
he ain't no alpha

:gasp:

:getmecoat:
Yeah tbh they were s*** wingwomen.

lemme tell you about perfect wingwomen mate...

you gotta get not too attractive birds
and very chatty with other girls
damn near lesbian but not creepy like feeling girls up
get you a loudmouth with a nice smile
or someone with tats who agrees to bodyshot other girls
you can't get a girl who is too fit or well-behaved or shy or on the other side too crazy because then other girls will not like her and will not want to be her friend
you have to get a female who can make friends with other females pretty spontaneously and then as wingwoman she will introduce her new friends to you..put in a good word for you...
But be careful because being out with females, everyone might think you're either they're gay bestie OR taken
Sorry I'm not boasting. I'm a really insecure guy and only got my first kiss the other day and the girl wasn't special I just wanted to get it out the way.

My question is.. Is it normal to have nights where you just can't seem to pull girls? I suffer from extreme perfectionism so not pulling tonight made me feel like ****.

So by 'pull' you mean the full shabang right?

To answer your question.Of course it is. A night out isn't about pulling, but rather having fun, listening to music, meeting new people, talking to strangers, hanging out with your friends, dancing with your friends and all sorts really.

At the end of the day, you can put your intention on going out to end up pulling, but I guess that's your decision to make
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Khanthebrit
So by 'pull' you mean the full shabang right?

To answer your question.Of course it is. A night out isn't about pulling, but rather having fun, listening to music, meeting new people, talking to strangers, hanging out with your friends, dancing with your friends and all sorts really.

At the end of the day, you can put your intention on going out to end up pulling, but I guess that's your decision to make.

Just kissing, I'm not going to rush it and I'm not really a fan of one night stands. I've just got over anxiety so I'm still quite vulnerable. I try to go clubbing just to have fun, but my mindset changes whether I want it too or not.
for real man?

Do you know how much counselling his gonna need?

Quick Reply