The Student Room Group

check your privilege

Scroll to see replies

I got Bingo in every direction, I even made a pentagon, and a trapezoid. Now where's my prize.
Remind me, what's the point in this again?
most feminists are middle/upper class white women in the western world. they are the most privileged people of all time. they should check *their* privilege.
Original post by sleepysnooze
most feminists are middle/upper class white women in the western world. they are the most privileged people of all time. they should check *their* privilege.

damn
Original post by alexschmalex
As a 5'5 male, I can assure you this is not the case. :frown:

At least you're not me, a 5'4 male, count yourself lucky mate

Spoiler

Sorry for being white and having a penis.
Original post by KloppOClock
Human (free space)????

How dare u, i identify as an apachi helicopter

:naughty:

And when was feminism mentioned?
Also, in western society, men are still more privileged than women. It's getting better, but we're not there yet.
Why post about it then?
Original post by SpindlesTheBerry
And when was feminism mentioned?

"check your privilege" is part of the sjw lexicon, of which feminism is at the centre.

Also, in western society, men are still more privileged than women. It's getting better, but we're not there yet.

lmao how even? what law? what societal norm? in 2016?
Not a redhead? WTF?:smile:)
How is tall a privilege?
No criminal record, wow they're reaching.
"check your privilege" is part of the sjw lexicon, of which feminism is at the centre.

lmao how even? what law? what societal norm? in 2016?

I'll admit, the check your priviledge thing was partly to see if you'd trip up :tongue:
But you have to understand that feminism is still needed. What about the wage gap? Or the commonness of pron featuring women being abused? The fact we still have a culture for blaming women for "getting raped"? Common use of the words "*****" and "pussy" to imply weakness? I can go on...
Original post by SpindlesTheBerry
I'll admit, the check your priviledge thing was partly to see if you'd trip up :tongue:
But you have to understand that feminism is still needed. What about the wage gap?

you mean that "gap" that is based on the free choices of women, not based on men and women in the same job but men and women in general? does that "gap" account for women preferring to work part time, more social hours, take more or longer holidays, being less assertive for promotions, etc? it's basically a gap that makes sense and is not based on sexual discrimination - if women are to be fully economically equal to men then they apparently aren't allowed to make free choices?

Or the commonness of pron featuring women being abused?

oh, what, you mean fiction?
also, I don't even know what you mean by "abused" - are women in "pron" not allowed kinks? are they not allowed free choices again? you sound as if you're basically treating women as children who can't look after themselves or make choices in their own interests! if women didn't want to be in "pron" then they wouldn't be involved in it, so what's the problem? female ignorance? wow, how feminist

The fact we still have a culture for blaming women for "getting raped"?

that's nonsense! I can't even name one person who would legitimately blame a woman for being raped! you're just lying now, or at least reading the script of feminism!

Common use of the words "*****" and "pussy" to imply weakness? I can go on...

what about "cock", "dick", etc, to imply negativity?!
also, women mostly *are* weaker than men - is that not a fact?!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 35
I don't get bingo anywhere. Got 16/25 of them though.
edit: Wait, I got the second column. Bingo!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 36
I think the point that needs to be taken away by everyone who sees the term 'SJW' as an insult, is to be damn grateful for all the lucky breaks you got at birth.
(edited 7 years ago)
image.jpeg

So underprivileged :sigh: :getmecoat:*
Reply 38
all but 2

and since I was born in the US and live in the UK I should really get that one

if only I wasn't so damn ugly....
Reply 39
I got three lines. :wink:
That must mean I am rather privileged.

Quick Reply

Latest