The Student Room Group

This men's ive not got the job doesn't it

I had a rather awkward interview where I didn't say anything like as much as I should have. My knowledge is good but I fell to pieces in the interview.

At the end the woman said ' there are 5 positions we are hiring for, we are interviewing tomorrow too so you will hear our decision on Tuesday'. I got the feeling she had decided she wasn't going to take me on because she had a definite day I would hear back. It's for a council job.

She asked me where I live and if there's any team I oarticularly want to work at which I felt were good signs but overall I felt the interview went badly and I failed to impress. Is the Tuesday thing a bad sign? Very nervous candidate here!
You're over-thinking things.
Reply 2
Original post by Mezza362
I had a rather awkward interview where I didn't say anything like as much as I should have. My knowledge is good but I fell to pieces in the interview.

At the end the woman said ' there are 5 positions we are hiring for, we are interviewing tomorrow too so you will hear our decision on Tuesday'. I got the feeling she had decided she wasn't going to take me on because she had a definite day I would hear back. It's for a council job.

She asked me where I live and if there's any team I oarticularly want to work at which I felt were good signs but overall I felt the interview went badly and I failed to impress. Is the Tuesday thing a bad sign? Very nervous candidate here!

You're overthinking it. She wants to see every candidate before she makes a firm decision so she is in a good place to pick the best candidate. She wants the new hire to be working ASAP, hence you'll hear back on Tuesday. They have deadlines to meet.
If I was hiring you and you were that bad during the interview, I wouldn't have bothered asking what team you want to work at. Don't worry about it.
Reply 3
Well they never called me after all. I've definetly not got the job :-( been waiting anxiously all day.

I'm never normally like this but I wanted this job so so much. It's amazing job and I could barely believe I got an interview and I feek I blew it :-(

Will have to wait until they bother to let me know I wasnnt successful. If they ever do! I expected better as this is a council for a major city
Reply 4
Don't worry if you don't get this job ; the fact that you got an interview suggests your CV is impressive. Just keep applying for more jobs and get more interviews and you'll get something sooner or later :smile: good luck
Reply 5
Thank you :-)

I'm pleased I got the interviews but so disappointed with myself. Deep down I knee this job was out of my reach really die to my experience but I should have given it my best shot and not let my nerves affect me so much.

I just need to know I didn't get it now so I can get over the disappointment and start looking again. The waiting is making me so anxious!
Reply 6
They called. I didn't get the job. Absolutely gutted. Now to move on with my search.
Best of luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending