The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by little_wizard123
sr90.

I can't even bear to look at the table after that week. Think I moved down to third (but probably lower). On my wildcard but bloody Aguero is rising tonight! Absolute disgrace fplers are.

Yeah hate how people don't wait til after the press conferences are done, kind of forces your hand if price rises and falls are going to affect your transfers. Hazard has already bloody dropped twice, he's only blanked the last two weeks and on another day could have returned points in the Swansea game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wildcarded, 2 weeks of 40 points forced my hand a bit. Gambling on dropping Ibra too, currently going with

Foster
Walker, Williams, McAuley
Coutinho, Capoue, Bolasie, Antonio, De Bruyne
Costa, Icheanacho

Subs : Friend, Wasilewski, Aguero.

Planning to sub Icheanacho out after this week once Aguero is back...
Original post by mccrae01
Wildcarded, 2 weeks of 40 points forced my hand a bit. Gambling on dropping Ibra too, currently going with

Foster
Walker, Williams, McAuley
Coutinho, Capoue, Bolasie, Antonio, De Bruyne
Costa, Icheanacho

Subs : Friend, Wasilewski, Aguero.

Planning to sub Icheanacho out after this week once Aguero is back...

Isn't Aguero back this week?
Original post by The Wavefunction
Only 12 points off 2nd but 31 off top spot, Pique Blinders opening up a lead. Any ideas who that is?

That's me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mister Dead
Isn't Aguero back this week?

The game says suspended until Saturday, which is a bit confusing as to whether or not that means he can play or not. I thought he'd only missed 2 games so far though so I'm working on the basis he's out this weekend too.
Original post by mccrae01
The game says suspended until Saturday, which is a bit confusing as to whether or not that means he can play or not. I thought he'd only missed 2 games so far though so I'm working on the basis he's out this weekend too.

No, he also missed a cup game. Nacho will likely be benched, though no guarantee *
No, he also missed a cup game. Nacho will likely be benched, though no guarantee *

Ah, thanks, I'd forgot about that. Definitely going to take Nacho out, just not sure whether or not to gamble on Rashford getting regular starts when I can afford Defoe or Negredo in budget :colonhash:
So is shaw defo out for next few weeks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've gone absolutely crazy with my WC.

Still a way to go before I finalise but currently have Aguero, Lukaku and Costa up front with KDB in midfield. Everton are just too good to ignore right now and KDB is absolutely unreal.
The only downside is no Ibra, but United are barely scoring and those mentioned above are doing so well.

You would think that means I have no money left but there are so many cheap players like Snodgrass, Capoue and Fer getting some solid points.

Anybody know if Shaw's injury is anything to worry about?
Original post by Lúcio
I've gone absolutely crazy with my WC.

Still a way to go before I finalise but currently have Aguero, Lukaku and Costa up front with KDB in midfield. Everton are just too good to ignore right now and KDB is absolutely unreal.
The only downside is no Ibra, but United are barely scoring and those mentioned above are doing so well.

You would think that means I have no money left but there are so many cheap players like Snodgrass, Capoue and Fer getting some solid points.

Anybody know if Shaw's injury is anything to worry about?

Minor groin injury but I suspect he'll be rested against Leicester to ensure that he doesn't aggravate it.

I really wouldn't go with all those 3 in midfield, that's asking for trouble.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Minor groin injury but I suspect he'll be rested against Leicester to ensure that he doesn't aggravate it.

I really wouldn't go with all those 3 in midfield, that's asking for trouble.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I don't have him anyway so it's all good

Well midfield is the weak point - I have KDB and Firmino since they both get a lot of points, and the rest are cheaper options as a result of having 3 expensive strikers up top.
Snodgrass takes penalties and is the source of most Hull goals. My defence isn't bad either so I'll generally be playing 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 anyway depending on fixtures.

Last season there were barely any strikers worth having and points came from midfield - this time it'll be the opposite.
Original post by Lúcio
Yeah I don't have him anyway so it's all good

Well midfield is the weak point - I have KDB and Firmino since they both get a lot of points, and the rest are cheaper options as a result of having 3 expensive strikers up top.
Snodgrass takes penalties and is the source of most Hull goals. My defence isn't bad either so I'll generally be playing 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 anyway depending on fixtures.

Last season there were barely any strikers worth having and points came from midfield - this time it'll be the opposite.

Firmino's effectively a striker anyway when he plays. I've brought him back in to help fund Aguero. On the subject of budget midfielders though Iwobi is an absolute steal at 5.8m if he's nailed on.

I think Janssen from Spurs could be a viable option if Kane is out for 8 weeks as rumoured, he's only 7.8m.
Reply 932
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Yeah hate how people don't wait til after the press conferences are done, kind of forces your hand if price rises and falls are going to affect your transfers. Hazard has already bloody dropped twice, he's only blanked the last two weeks and on another day could have returned points in the Swansea game.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hazard's already back down to 10.0 :dry:

It is frustrating when your team value is hit by impatient people, but tbf he has got some tough fixtures coming up and KdB looks like a much better choice (albeit at 0.7 more) with City's attack on fire right now, so probably getting him in for Hazard this weekend assuming Hazard doesn't explode at Arsenal.
Original post by Olie
Hazard's already back down to 10.0 :dry:

It is frustrating when your team value is hit by impatient people, but tbf he has got some tough fixtures coming up and KdB looks like a much better choice (albeit at 0.7 more) with City's attack on fire right now, so probably getting him in for Hazard this weekend assuming Hazard doesn't explode at Arsenal.

Wtf? Swear he was 10.3 on Saturday, I expected people to take him out but no way has he triple dropped in 4 days 😂 I'm glad I took him out when I did!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Wtf? Swear he was 10.3 on Saturday, I expected people to take him out but no way has he triple dropped in 4 days 😂 I'm glad I took him out when I did!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it bad that I have no Arsenal players?

Like yeah they're winning but they're all so overpriced for FPL. Sanchez is 11m for crying out loud! That's more expensive than KDB...

Not only that, their defenders are stupidly priced too, 6-6.5m and they barely even keep a bloody clean sheet.
Original post by Lúcio
Is it bad that I have no Arsenal players?

Like yeah they're winning but they're all so overpriced for FPL. Sanchez is 11m for crying out loud! That's more expensive than KDB...

Not only that, their defenders are stupidly priced too, 6-6.5m and they barely even keep a bloody clean sheet.

Iwobi may be good value if he keeps getting minutes,
Original post by fallen_acorns
Iwobi may be good value if he keeps getting minutes,

I looked at him but he's only played 1/3 of Arsenal's game time this season.
You could say he deserves it after being involved vs Hull, but it was only Hull... (inb4 we lose to them now)

If he gets good time over the next few games, I'll definitely definitely get him in at only 5.8m.
Even if Iwobi was getting starts, I can't see past Snodgrass right now. Plays every minute, goal threat, penalties, free kicks and corners, all for £5.6. I wouldn't even rotate him with that kind of hogging potential
Even if Iwobi was getting starts, I can't see past Snodgrass right now. Plays every minute, goal threat, penalties, free kicks and corners, all for £5.6. I wouldn't even rotate him with that kind of hogging potential

True, Snodgrass is firmly in my starting XI because he's the source of almost every Hull goal.

Penalties come from nothing so he can have an nothing game but still get points for a goal, like he did against Arsenal.
Ibra down 0.1 and Aguero back up to 13. That's 0.2mil I've missed out on by not swapping this week. Zlatan better bag a couple this weekend

Latest