The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Living at home- studying at Loughborough

Hi, I'm studying Textile at Loughborough this September and have chosen to live at home and commute.
I was wondering if anyone else is in my position..I want to go to freshers, and would love to meet some people before then! I don't want living at home to isloate me completely from the social aspect of uni! Thanks Eden:smile:
I am doing the same. The cost of accommodation isn't very appealing to me when there are going to be a lot of costs throughout the year. Commuting is much better if I get to keep all my maintenance.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Yeh I agree! What course you doing? And are you going to go to any fresher events.. Do you live in Loughborough?
Original post by Edenrain:)
Yeh I agree! What course you doing? And are you going to go to any fresher events.. Do you live in Loughborough?

Woah woah woah! Calm down with the questions!! Which am I supposed to answer first?? 😉

Do you mind being messaged directly rather than the whole of TSR or at least the people who end up on this thread can see?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Ahaha sorry just got carried away there! And yeh cool what do you want to message on?
Original post by Edenrain:)
Ahaha sorry just got carried away there! And yeh cool what do you want to message on?

That's okay 😁 I was thinking TSR private message

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys,

I am Postgrad who lives at home and commutes. How was your experience so far?

I have actually been dissapointed with Loughborough and cant wait to leave in october. It is such an undergraduate student sports bubble. Very difficult to meet people as those who were at Loughborough for their UG have formed pretty solid friendship groups.

Also difficult to be social at lunch because students are catered for in halls.

The town centre is pretty dire too and the nightlife is based at the uni where there are limited options to stay for those living off campus.
Original post by greenwhitered
Hi guys,

I am Postgrad who lives at home and commutes. How was your experience so far?

I have actually been dissapointed with Loughborough and cant wait to leave in october. It is such an undergraduate student sports bubble. Very difficult to meet people as those who were at Loughborough for their UG have formed pretty solid friendship groups.

Also difficult to be social at lunch because students are catered for in halls.

The town centre is pretty dire too and the nightlife is based at the uni where there are limited options to stay for those living off campus.

Is there constant over watching by people in uniforms. It seems like a bit of a holiday camp or a prison with the doors unlocked and a big field. They even have the same purple shade that the prisons have. :gigg::gigg:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending