The Student Room Group

What age do you want to get married?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by CrazyKittenLady
Haha yeah! He is a cat lover too and also very crazy we have 3 cats, 4 leopard geckos, 2 giant geckos, 12 crested geckos and a bearded dragons so lots of little animals in our dysfunctional zoo of a family :P

Oh wow, you have your own little farm! :smile:
Original post by Ishax
Oh wow, you have your own little farm! :smile:

Yes haha :biggrin: we do love animals definitely want a dog! But need to wait until we work less hours :frown:
Reply 142
Yes haha :biggrin: we do love animals definitely want a dog! But need to wait until we work less hours :frown:

Ah, that's unlucky! What do you work as? :smile:
Ideally i'd want the relationship to progress something like..

One year of being together before she moves in.
One year of living together before we get engaged.

So two years minimum.

Early thirties for me then realistically.
Maybe get engaged around 24.
Two years of being engaged, get married at 26. :smile:
Original post by Ishax
Ah, that's unlucky! What do you work as? :smile:

I know me and my partner both work full time. I am a designer at TSR and he is a pharmacy technician. How about u? x
Reply 146
I know me and my partner both work full time. I am a designer at TSR and he is a pharmacy technician. How about u? x

I'm a Computing student :smile: x
Original post by Ishax
I'm a Computing student :smile: x

Sounds cool I was thinking of doing a computing based course but designed upon computer based design instead :smile:
I'm almost 25 and I've been with my boyfriend for 3.5 years now (he's 27). I'd be happy to marry him right now, but we're just not ready yet. We're hoping to make it happen within the next two years when we both have a bit more financial stability :smile:
Reply 149
Sounds cool I was thinking of doing a computing based course but designed upon computer based design instead :smile:

You should go for it!
Reply 150
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I'm almost 25 and I've been with my boyfriend for 3.5 years now (he's 27). I'd be happy to marry him right now, but we're just not ready yet. We're hoping to make it happen within the next two years when we both have a bit more financial stability :smile:

I completely agree! Financial stability is most important :smile:
That said, I think it's hard to say when you'll get married until you're actually with someone. If I'd met my boyfriend when I was in my teens, then maybe we'd already be married by now. But if I was still single now, then I couldn't really say when I'd get married because some people don't meet the right person until much later in life. It all just depends how life pans out for you. Don't plan too much :smile:
Original post by Ishax
I completely agree! Financial stability is most important :smile:

Yep! We're not living together yet cos we're in the middle of deciding whether to rent together or just go straight for a mortgage. He's fine with his money and job at the moment, but I still need to sort out my career as its still rather unstable at the moment. Throwing the added stress of a wedding and starting marriage into that would just be too much right now! And certainly no kids till I'm closer to 30, as I'm still enjoying going partying and travelling when I can afford it :biggrin:
Reply 153
Yep! We're not living together yet cos we're in the middle of deciding whether to rent together or just go straight for a mortgage. He's fine with his money and job at the moment, but I still need to sort out my career as its still rather unstable at the moment. Throwing the added stress of a wedding and starting marriage into that would just be too much right now! And certainly no kids till I'm closer to 30, as I'm still enjoying going partying and travelling when I can afford it :biggrin:

That's true, aslong as you're both happy that's the main point :smile: .. I'm more focused on my career and myself at the moment (as selfish as that sounds), I don't think I'm ready for marriage yet lol! Thankfully my parents aren't pressuring me anyway so it's fine
Reply 154
That said, I think it's hard to say when you'll get married until you're actually with someone. If I'd met my boyfriend when I was in my teens, then maybe we'd already be married by now. But if I was still single now, then I couldn't really say when I'd get married because some people don't meet the right person until much later in life. It all just depends how life pans out for you. Don't plan too much :smile:

I guess that's true, planning could ruin things. I wouldn't mind getting married like at 26 and onwards. Before that to me, I feel it's early 😕 maybe I'm just scared who knows lol
Reply 155
I got married at 25, and my husband was 35. I was mature enough, but he wasn't. Separated at 27. Divorced by 30.

I'll get married again when I find someone worth the commitment.
Reply 156
Original post by Rakas21
Ideally i'd want the relationship to progress something like..

One year of being together before she moves in.
One year of living together before we get engaged.

So two years minimum.

Early thirties for me then realistically.

That's good :smile:
Reply 157
Original post by lucy_98
Maybe get engaged around 24.
Two years of being engaged, get married at 26. :smile:

Oh that's a nice age! :smile:
Reply 158
Original post by HFBS
I got married at 25, and my husband was 35. I was mature enough, but he wasn't. Separated at 27. Divorced by 30.

I'll get married again when I find someone worth the commitment.

I guess maturity does play a part into getting married.
Reply 159
I don't want children and don't associate marriage with the urge to get pregnant and never do anything ever again. You can get married at 23 and still travel - either together or alone. Marriage isn't giving up your life for someone else, it's just sharing the life that you've planned for yourself WITH someone else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending