The Student Room Group

Favourite era of history to study?

So it's a new term at school, uni, college etc! I hope everyone is enjoying it.

Unfortunately, I am not a history undergrad, so I am rather jealous of everyone who is studying history this year from GCSE right up to postgrad. :colondollar:

Has anyone here got a favourite era of history they like to study? Have you discovered that yes, Russia 1917-1990 is your thing?

Or have you found an era that you just can't stand? Like that American Civil War section that makes you want to cry?

These are just examples, btw. :tongue:
I hated the War of the Roses. I loved studying world war two though, found it all so interesting, also sad. :sad:
Reply 2
Original post by iEthan
I hated the War of the Roses. I loved studying world war two though, found it all so interesting, also sad. :sad:

Friendship terminated.
Original post by Airmed
Friendship terminated.

Grrrrrr
Reply 4
Original post by iEthan
Grrrrrr

I love the War of the Roses. Or should I say Cousins' War, because that is more accurate? :holmes:
Original post by Airmed
I love the War of the Roses. Or should I say Cousins' War, because that is more accurate? :holmes:

I found it so boring! Perhaps it was my teacher? I just remember it dragging on and on and on. :yawn:
Reply 6
Original post by iEthan
I found it so boring! Perhaps it was my teacher? I just remember it dragging on and on and on. :yawn:

I blame the teacher. :mmm:

But yes, it did drag a bit. But that's family feuds for you. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending