The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by L i b
Yep, of course.
On what basis?
And who makes that decision?

A reasonable person who can differentiate between reality and daft thought-experiment *******s?
Wait. So now you are saying that the reality of the fetishist's special things takes precedence over the religionists imaginary things? I might just agree with you there.

And I think we'll leave it there...
Why? Surely you have an argument to support your position?
Reply 381
Original post by &Hope
it doesn't say animals, it says 'dawab' which means living creatures!

https://quran.com/8/55
Animals, beasts, creatures - they are all synonyms that are used by the major translators. But don't you think it is a bit of a pejorative term to use, however you translate it?

What is interesting though, is that you equivocate over the exact translation of "creature", but are happy that disbelievers are regarded by Muslims as "the worst" of them! It is this kind of dehumanising of out-groups that has been shown, time and again, to facilitate the most apalling of treatment.
Original post by &Hope

Oh so that's OK then
Original post by &Hope

Perhaps you should focus more on the operative and most judgmental word used - vilest.
Reply 384
Original post by Good bloke
Perhaps you should focus more on the operative and most judgmental word used - vilest.
InB4 "It doesn't say 'vilest', it says 'worst'".
(Although it also means "evil".)
Original post by QE2
InB4 "It doesn't say 'vilest', it says 'worst'".
(Although it also means "evil".)

I'm waiting for a claim that it means most rational, or sweetest.
Reply 386
It's the usual mealy-mouthed apologetics. Like when someone will argue..."But 5:33 doesn't say that those opposing Islam must be killed, crucified or dismembered. It just says that they should be killed, crucified or dismembered".
Original post by QE2
It's the usual mealy-mouthed apologetics. Like when someone will argue..."But 5:33 doesn't say that those opposing Islam must be killed, crucified or dismembered. It just says that they should be killed, crucified or dismembered".

I agree with you... but why would someone oppose islam in the first place? Why would anyone oppose a religion or a belief? We're in the 21st century... and why would anyone oppose judaism or christianity? An obvious example is Hitler... He opposed judaism... does anyone in this entire world think that someone like Hitler deserves to live? And don't tell me that 5:33 says that ANYONE that opposes islam should/must be killed ( thats just an isis ideology) ... it is the people who oppose and do harm either vebally or physically (not just to islam but to any other belief) who should have no place in society.... it is the people who spread propaganda and hatred and generate divisions between individuals because of beliefs which is ridiculous and so backward... and don't say you're involved in this and go and victimise yourself.... you do no harm, you don't really oppose the religion (or maybe you do and if thats the case then you probably oppose all beliefs but if its just islam, then sorry you're just islamophobic), you just post opinions that show you disagree with the ideologies in this religion ( or all other religions which is whats expected if you're athiest) and thats acceptable... your actions don't do harm to the the belief or to its believers...

Also don't tell me to not compare islam to other religions... in fact islam came from christianity and chritianity came from judaism and jews do know that well...
This means a lot of the quran is from the torah and the bible...

Bare in mind as well that 5:32 says "whoever kills a sole..." https://quran.com/5/32
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by &Hope
I agree with you... but why would someone oppose islam in the first place? Why would anyone oppose a religion or a belief?

If we believe the religion is wrong and it has a negative impact on society then why not?

and 5:32 has been exposed as the propaganda it is

Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors.
Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment,
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by &Hope
And don't tell me that 5:33 says that ANYONE that opposes islam should/must be killed ( thats just an isis ideology) ... it is the people who oppose and do harm either vebally or physically (not just to islam but to any other belief) who should have no place in society...

Well then that applies to me (as well as many others), because I frequently state that Islam, based on the Koran and the deeds of Mohammed, is an aggressive and nasty, misogynistic ideology that perpetuates mediaeval superstitions, creates division in the world and keeps its peoples in a backward state.
Well then that applies to me (as well as many others), because I frequently state that Islam, based on the Koran and the deeds of Mohammed, is an aggressive and nasty, misogynistic ideology that perpetuates mediaeval superstitions, creates division in the world and keeps its peoples in a backward state.

It applies to me as well

I activity campaign against halal and kosher slaughter and I do not have a kind word for old mo.

Oh My God.... for the billionth time, people like you understand it so wrong and you're generalising for Gods sake! YOU ARE GENERALISING! What you described is isis and not islam... And sence when does islam create divisions? ... you know what I don't want you ti answer me... just go and watch more Bill Maher and go to sleep my friend... sweet dreams about how your generalisation is a forward state.
(edited 7 years ago)

I can tell you didn't read the rest of my post... you as an individual barely have any influence on a significant number of people( IF you have it at all anyway) that could harm the belief and its believers
Original post by BaconandSauce
If we believe the religion is wrong and it has a negative impact on society then why not?

and 5:32 has been exposed as the propaganda it is

Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors.
Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment,

WHY would you "wage war agaist Allah and his messanger" anyway? I mean aren't you against violence and a peace promoter? And tell me... I wanna know... how does islam have a negative impact on society? Give me an example (Other than the cliché terrorism that should't even be refered to islam)
And by pasting this verse, I understand that you're accusing yourself and admitting to yourself that you stive upon Earth to cause corruption?????
(edited 7 years ago)
Because I consider him to be morally dubious and his teaching have caused nothing but sectarian strife since he was poisoned to death (by a slave and rightly so) his rape of a nine year old should have sent him to hell to burn given children are still at risk in muslim countries because of his actions

His teachings on slavery and the acceptable rape of 'war captives' is abhorrent and still causing issues today.

The majority of Muslim countries are social conservative bordering on repressive and are self imploding as I type.

Islams attitude to gender is morally reprehensible and should be fought at every turn and Islam should not be considered normal in any free country.

But yes I freely admit I seek to cause corruption (I even encourage Muslims to abandon their faith :smile: and have been successful a few time in this regard) and preach what I consider the truth about Islam as a backward and stagnant ideology.

So given I freely admit this tell me what my punishment should be.

Your punishment should be to be completely ignored by any sane person... who the hell wants to be talk to someone who admits happlily of being a corrupter! Your words just make me gag... honestly I feel sick... really sick
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by &Hope
Your punishment should be to be completely ignored by any sane person... who wants to be talk to someone who admits happlily of being a corrupter! Your words just make me gag... honestly I feel sick

:smile: a corrupter that's me and proud of it

So I ask according to isalm what should my punishment be? (and given I know the answer tell me why I should stop)
Original post by &Hope
And sence when does islam create divisions?

Since Sunnis started hating Shia, and both started hating Ahmaddiya. Salafis and Deobandis just hate everyone.
Reply 397
Because I consider him to be morally dubious and his teaching have caused nothing but sectarian strife since he was poisoned to death (by a slave and rightly so) his rape of a nine year old should have sent him to hell to burn given children are still at risk in muslim countries because of his actions

His teachings on slavery and the acceptable rape of 'war captives' is abhorrent and still causing issues today.

The majority of Muslim countries are social conservative bordering on repressive and are self imploding as I type.

Islams attitude to gender is morally reprehensible and should be fought at every turn and Islam should not be considered normal in any free country.

But yes I freely admit I seek to cause corruption (I even encourage Muslims to abandon their faith :smile: and have been successful a few time in this regard) and preach what I consider the truth about Islam as a backward and stagnant ideology.

So given I freely admit this tell me what my punishment should be.

You will rot in hell with all the promiscuous women for eternity. :mob:
Original post by Josb
You will rot in hell with all the promiscuous women for eternity. :mob:

That's the plan

better food and entertainment:biggrin:
Reply 399
If I saw this article title a few months back, I would honestly be enraged about the lack of freedom on a person exercising her religion.
However with potential of certain events, I'll agree with one thing; safety protocol being practiced is not something you can be angry about.
Yes, it is wrong to turn down service based on merely on what someone is wearing. You might even coin it as 'islamophobia'.
But what might be an expression of religious devotion for one person, may be perceived differently by someone else. I think It's actually a lot better to be denied service, than to walk in, potentially aggravate certain people and get flung with racist and hateful commentary.
Rights are something everyone should be able to achieve. But given certain situations, people must be able to come to negotiations.
Banning things like the Burkini or Hijab are stupid and pointless. But the Niqab's are understandably seen as suspicious.

Latest

Trending

Trending