The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

It's been a long time....ugh having a broken phone sucks. When I get a new phone I'll be more active, as hopefully the App Store has the TSR app! :redface: I put my first course down earlier....Nottingham Trent to study Media. It makes me feel sick knowing that this time next year I will be moving/will have moved out!!!
I am doing 4 A2 levels and I'm getting stressed because I feel like nobody else is in the same position! It really worries me! I know that if I work really hard and put the effort in, it will pay off like it did in my AS year. Anyone else doing 4 full A levels?
Original post by GeorgeB16
I am doing 4 A2 levels and I'm getting stressed because I feel like nobody else is in the same position! It really worries me! I know that if I work really hard and put the effort in, it will pay off like it did in my AS year. Anyone else doing 4 full A levels?

Wow, I don't think anyone I know is carrying on with all 4 A levels!! You'll be fine, as you said the hard work and effort will pay off like at AS :smile:
Original post by thevamps99xo
Wow, I don't think anyone I know is carrying on with all 4 A levels!! You'll be fine, as you said the hard work and effort will pay off like at AS :smile:

I really hope it does! I've seen on university connect on TSR a lot of people taking 4 a levels and there's a few at my school doing 4 and re-sits!
Original post by Laura1526
Has anyone been to open day to any of the following universities- imperial college london, Nottingham, Birmingham, UCL? If not then what is the uni you have been to that was very good??

I've been to Imperial. It was amazing! All the building are modern and the campus has a nice feel to it. The accomodation are pretty neat too! And the sport centre and the library are awesome! I want to go there so bad. What course do you wanna do there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not the one in that position, don't worry. I know 2 guys at my school who are doing 4 A-levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bright_Gift
You're not the one in that position, don't worry. I know 2 guys at my school who are doing 4 A-levels

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think I'd be able to do it if I really work hard? I got 2 A's and a B in 3 of the subjects I'm doing at A2 and they're modular so I guess that takes pressure off! The other A was in a subject I'm doing at A2 but it's linear so I've lost the A and just have to keep the good work up! :O
Do you think I'd be able to do it if I really work hard? I got 2 A's and a B in 3 of the subjects I'm doing at A2 and they're modular so I guess that takes pressure off! The other A was in a subject I'm doing at A2 but it's linear so I've lost the A and just have to keep the good work up! :O

Getting even a single A at As level is pretty impressive in my opinion so getting 3 of them and a B. Well done!! Yes with hard work, you can make it work. You just have to accept that this year will be harder on you than probs most people in your year. Don't get bogged down by it though, only like 8 months left.

Ps. What are you thinking of applying to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Getting even a single A at As level is pretty impressive in my opinion so getting 3 of them and a B. Well done!! Yes with hard work, you can make it work. You just have to accept that this year will be harder on you than probs most people in your year. Don't get bogged down by it though, only like 8 months left.

Ps. What are you thinking of applying to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much! I will work super hard, I am doing so right now! XD I am applying to Liverpool, Newcastle, Exeter, Manchester and Man Met as a backup to do Law :P

How about you? :smile:
Thank you so much! I will work super hard, I am doing so right now! XD I am applying to Liverpool, Newcastle, Exeter, Manchester and Man Met as a backup to do Law :P

How about you? :smile:

Cool, 2 are my friends are applying for Law too.

I'm applying to Imperial, Leeds, Birmingham for Medicine. Not sure what the 4th med school will be.
And then as the 5th option is mandatorily something else. I'm going to apply to Warwick for Biomedical Sciences.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
If any of you have any advice on how to tolerate a job you love that's being ruined by colleagues you hate for next year, I'd really appreciate it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm sounds like you have a bit of a dilema... can you help me tolerate a job I hate whilst working with people i love ...
Cool, 2 are my friends are applying for Law too.

I'm applying to Imperial, Leeds, Birmingham for Medicine. Not sure what the 4th med school will be.
And then as the 5th option is mandatorily something else. I'm going to apply to Warwick for Biomedical Sciences.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow you must be clever! I know how challenging medicine can be!
Wow you must be clever! I know how challenging medicine can be!

Thank you! Hehe. I try to be clever but A levels are rinsing me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! Hehe. I try to be clever but A levels are rinsing me

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel your pain I know exactly how you feel!
anyone do history here? :tongue:
Original post by Chief_98
anyone do history here? :tongue:

I do!
I wish this year would go by soon,Can't wait to get away from this school.
Original post by Qmwnebrv
I do!

you with AQA by any chance?
Original post by OnTheHorizon
I wish this year would go by soon,Can't wait to get away from this school.

Why? What's so bad about it? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest